The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Where should the next TMNT flick get its inspiration?
Mirage Source Material 11 34.38%
Image 1 3.13%
Archie 1 3.13%
IDW 3 9.38%
Fred Wolf 3 9.38%
4Kids 3 9.38%
Next Mutation (Yeah, I went there...) 0 0%
Coming Out of Their Shells 0 0%
Turtles Tunes/Turtle Christmas 1 3.13%
Nick's Upcoming Series 1 3.13%
Totally New Stuff 3 9.38%
What has worked best from any of these in the past 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Where should the Platinum Dunes TMNT movie draw it's inspiration?

Since it seems there is a chasm amongst fans as to how they should go about making this new movie, it's time for a highly unscientific poll to see just what Turtle fans DO want in a TMNT movie.

This should be fun, and in no way lead to a flame war, right?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I'd prefer a "Mirage" street level take with some clever writing.

But this is a new generation, so it should maybe if it isn't it's own beast have similarities to either the new Nick toon or the IDW comics
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Kevin Eastman.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Kevin Eastman.
Please remember Kevin Eastman green lit this:


__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
I Voted Image because that would a very Interesting film. Just imagine the reaction it would create.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Didn't we do this already?
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=32483
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Yeah...2 years ago.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
In my opinion, IDW has been doing everything mostly right. It feels like a good mix of a bunch of different universes.

If it was based on IDW with a little more Mirage influence, that would be great.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
In my opinion, IDW has been doing everything mostly right. It feels like a good mix of a bunch of different universes.

If it was based on IDW with a little more Mirage influence, that would be great.
I dunno... none of the arcs going on in IDW are really anywhere near reaching a climax as far as I can tell. It'll probably be a while before I would deem the content big screen worthy.

However, the mash-up of all the different versions is cool. Even if there's no chance of pleasing everyone.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
An amalgamation of things would be ideal, but a Mirage tone with new stuff mixed could work for me too.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
An amalgamation of things would be ideal, but a Mirage tone with new stuff mixed could work for me too.
Turtles works best mixed. And I agree with what Powder said here.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I dunno... none of the arcs going on in IDW are really anywhere near reaching a climax as far as I can tell. It'll probably be a while before I would deem the content big screen worthy.
It looks like #12 is the big battle between the Turtles and the Foot. Seems like that would be the climax of most of the arcs.

But, if one were to remove the Krang and Hob arcs, and somehow replace them with the Foot, then I think it could work in film.

EDIT: Well, wouldja' look at that. I'm at 1500 posts.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #13
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i voted for completely new stuff, hope u dont mind?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #14
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
I think it should draw inspiration from more than one of the previous incarnations, while bringing in some new stuff of it's own. I'd love to see Krang involved in some way. Maybe even a race of Kraang like the new series. The Triceratons could make for an interesting story arc. Also, as sill as they may be, I wouldn't mind seeing some concepts from the would-be Next Mutation movie. Though I don't think they would ever consider doing so.

What I don't want to see, is for it to be a slavish remake of any one previous TMNT era. Which I don't think would happen anyways, so I'm not genuinely worried about that.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #15
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,396
"You want a serious down-to-earth film...that's completly off the wall and swarming with magic robots"
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
I voted for Fred Wolf since I really want to see the live action/CGI Technodrome, plus that's still the version of the franchise that the general public is most familiar with, so it would do good with the financial aspect. Plus, that is what "El Mayimbe" is supposedly saying is in the script. Though more realistically I'd like a mix of everything that has worked best up to this point, including the positives of IDW and perhaps Nickelodeon to woo the younger audiences to see this new movie.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #17
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I'm voting for Nick's upcoming series.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I'm voting for Nick's upcoming series.
What? You haven't even seen the hole thing yet. But it would be nice if it came to be a contender.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
What? You haven't even seen the hole thing yet.
I know that, but after seeing the trailer and all the stuff we've heard, I got a good feeling about the show, and I think it would be cool to see a movie based off some stuff from it.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #20
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
LOL Turtle Tunes/ Turtle's Christmas.

If this is the only movie we get, I don't really care; a mix would work well. I voted Mirage. I just want a story entirely in the NYC Urban setting with some sweet ninja/gang thug fights and running around on rooftops and in sewers.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live-action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.