The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Are they using a remixed version of the original theme song?

If you watched the trailer you heard what is probably going to be used as the theme song for this series. Overall it sounded like a remixed version of the original theme.

Do you think they're using an updated version of the original song?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If you watched the trailer you heard what is probably going to be used as the theme song for this series. Overall it sounded like a remixed version of the original theme.

Do you think they're using an updated version of the original song?

yes i heard that in the trailer too, it sounds pretty good, and they will probably use it as a theme song as a nod to the older fans
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
It is apparently the theme song. Someone, who I believe is one of the writers, commented so on the Ninja Pizza Facebook page.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
It is apparently the theme song. Someone, who I believe is one of the writers, commented so on the Ninja Pizza Facebook page.
How did they get the rights when 4kids couldn't for Turtles Forever?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Sounds good. There's really no beating the Fred Wolf theme song if you're going to go with lyrics, so an homage is definitely the right way to go.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Oh yeah, it is definately a remix of the orginal.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
It is apparently the theme song. Someone, who I believe is one of the writers, commented so on the Ninja Pizza Facebook page.
That's great. I think it sounded really cool in the trailer.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
I wouldn't call it a "remix" of the original, but it definitely sounds like the new show's theme will be a new take on it. I imagine that there will probably be some differences to the lyrics of it. Most likely the bits about each of the turtles will be the leader/brains/muscle/wild one, rather than the original's leads/does machines/crude but cool/party dude bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How did they get the rights when 4kids couldn't for Turtles Forever?
I'm guessing that 4kids wanted to use the original's actual theme, which this here technically isn't. Either that, or Lionsgate is more willing to allow others to use things from the '87 toon. No matter what, it's great to hear the old theme given a revamp.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Whatever it is, I liked it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
I'm so excited!
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie DBERG View Post
I'm so excited!
And you just can't hide it?

Me too!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
And I know, I know, that I liked it!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How did they get the rights when 4kids couldn't for Turtles Forever?
Hilarious. XD
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Knowing modern animation, it's probably not a full song. Most likely it'll be a < 20 seconds jig.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And you just can't hide it?

Me too!
So I wasn't the only one who thought of that song when they read over that comment.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #16
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
where's the theme song? released already?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #17
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
where's the theme song? released already?
You can hear bits of it the trailer. Yeah, not exactly a confirmed theme song, but I would be surprised if that wasn't it...or rather, parts of it.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:37 AM   #18
Alex
Foot Soldier
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 233
I really liked the bit I heard in the trailer. I sure hope to hear the whole song soon.
__________________
My collection of TMNT: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=28233

Collecting mostly TMNT comics, movies and games released in Sweden.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #19
Zarana-X
Hench Mutant
 
Zarana-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie DBERG View Post
I'm so excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And you just can't hide it?

Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And I know, I know, that I liked it!
You guys are hams!
But it does sound good...
__________________
"In order to create, you have to destroy."
www.facebook.com/zarana-x
Zarana-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior
 
tmnt transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okoto
Posts: 757
Doesn't seem that 2k12 is a lot like the OT....The theme song....Splinter being a human....
tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.