The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Who will be the first 4kids character to appear in the Nick show?

In the IDW comics we've already seen the return of a 4kids created character,
Spoiler:
Angel of the Purple Dragons.


While we're seeing many Mirage and Original toon characters returning in the Nick show, who do you think the first 4kids created character will be?

My gut tells me Hun, but it would be weird to see him without Casey Jones so maybe in Season 2.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
Very good question, i'm not that sure though. I kinda don't see Hun coming back though, i don't know what though.

Maybe Bishop, but i'm not really sure, you just stumped me!
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Zog the Equalizer
Stone Warrior
 
Zog the Equalizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 534
Here's hoping for Bishop. It was nice to have a legitimately threatening villain that wasn't Shredder.
__________________
"Pork rind?"
"Pork rind!"
Zog the Equalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
I could see them using the Battle Nexus tournament concept in this show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I could see Bishop being the Principle of April's school.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
That's an idea and a half. Principal Bishop

As for Battle Nexus, I'd doubt it. I find most CG shows try to be less busy as possible. That rules out Archie's Stump Wrestling too.

I can picture Bishop in some shape or form fitting with the tone of this show.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #7
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
I wouldn't make a guess, but 2k3 characters I don't hope to see are:
Ch'Rell (The Shredder being human is part of what makes him interesting, in my opinion, and if he had stayed dead when his head came off, the show would have been much better for it.)
The Ultimate Ninja (He was too bland to call himself the ultimate anything.)
Ancient One (I didn't care for the dragon-avatars and magic gimmicks he brought to the show.)
Turtle Titan (Aside from Nobody, I never really liked the idea of superheroes around the TMNT - I didn't really feel like Justice Force worked that well in the comics in the first place. I also hate to see Mikey almost get character development, only to instead become more and more of an idiot for the rest of the series.)

I'd be happy to see Hun, Bishop, Angel, and even Garbageman.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd kinda like to see Cody Jones at some point.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I wouldn't make a guess, but 2k3 characters I don't hope to see are:
Ch'Rell (The Shredder being human is part of what makes him interesting, in my opinion, and if he had stayed dead when his head came off, the show would have been much better for it.)
Nonsense. The show was fine with the Ch'rell reveal. Rather than be a slave to the (frankly boring) source material, that revelation helped give the show some innovation and shaped it into something that stood apart from the other interpretations.

Secondly, the 2k3 series, for all it's dark content, was first and foremost a kids show, there was NO chance of leaving Saki decapitated, look at the bigger picture.

Last edited by Venom; 07-17-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: No need for name-calling
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Nobody... And I don't mean the character Nobody.

I get the feeling that the folks behind this show are interested in borrowing from the OT and other sources, but nothing inherently from 2K3.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
Nobody... And I don't mean the character Nobody.

I get the feeling that the folks behind this show are interested in borrowing from the OT and other sources, but nothing inherently from 2K3.
I doubt it. We're probably going to see something from the 4kids series.

The fact that they're using Karai and the Elite Guards and they're probably going to be more similar to their 4kids incarnations than their Mirage counterparts says enough.

Before 4kids, Karai was just an obscure Mirage character. It was the cartoon that made Karai into a major character for kids.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Nonsense. The show was fine with the Ch'rell reveal. Rather than be a slave to the (frankly boring) source material, that revelation helped give the show some innovation and shaped it into something that stood apart from the other interpretations.

Secondly, the 2k3 series, for all it's dark content, was first and foremost a kids show, there was NO chance of leaving Saki decapitated, look at the bigger picture you imbecile.
Well, I thank you for resorting to name calling, but I'm entitled to my opinion. I felt that part of what made Saki (especially the 4kids version before the Ch'Rell retcon) interesting was that he appeared to be just a man who had made choices in life that left him completely ruthless. The revelation that "oh, he's just an evil alien in a robot suit", to me, sucked all the drama out of the notion that this was a man who had made himself into something terrible (which is why they showed his face before he was ever shown with the helmet on - to establish that this is just a man who has made himself into a monster, not a monster pretending to be a man). And I really did think, in many ways, that the 4Kids show did use him to much more interesting effect than the comics did, up until the point when it turned out he wasn't a real person. And yes, I know that standards and practices and the FCC wouldn't have allowed a human decapitation (and I could go on a whole other rant about censorship and what I think of standards and practices and the FCC), but even within the boundaries of American censorship rules, it could have been handled differently than retconning his entire backstory. Skipping the decapitation altogether, or even a cheap move like saying that the one who got decapitated was just a fake robot Shredder would have worked better, because while it would have been a lame cop-out, at least it wouldn't have permanently ruined the character's backstory. This is my opinion, and it does not make me an imbecile, just as your opinion doesn't make you one.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd kinda like to see Cody Jones at some point.
Hey, I could see him...as Casey's tag-along kid brother. Huh? Huh?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
will casey be around the age of cody?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Well, I thank you for resorting to name calling, but I'm entitled to my opinion. I felt that part of what made Saki (especially the 4kids version before the Ch'Rell retcon) interesting was that he appeared to be just a man who had made choices in life that left him completely ruthless. The revelation that "oh, he's just an evil alien in a robot suit", to me, sucked all the drama out of the notion that this was a man who had made himself into something terrible (which is why they showed his face before he was ever shown with the helmet on - to establish that this is just a man who has made himself into a monster, not a monster pretending to be a man). And I really did think, in many ways, that the 4Kids show did use him to much more interesting effect than the comics did, up until the point when it turned out he wasn't a real person. And yes, I know that standards and practices and the FCC wouldn't have allowed a human decapitation (and I could go on a whole other rant about censorship and what I think of standards and practices and the FCC), but even within the boundaries of American censorship rules, it could have been handled differently than retconning his entire backstory. Skipping the decapitation altogether, or even a cheap move like saying that the one who got decapitated was just a fake robot Shredder would have worked better, because while it would have been a lame cop-out, at least it wouldn't have permanently ruined the character's backstory. This is my opinion, and it does not make me an imbecile, just as your opinion doesn't make you one.
Very well put. I agree with you completely, however I did enjoy Shredder as an utrom. It added a good twist that I think should stay with that series. The way I treat it is that the first of the series is one universe and after the reveal is another universe (I think that's when it started to get a bit more silly anyway).
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
Drako-Cat
Random Punk
 
Drako-Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
I wanna see the Battle Nexus and Drako again T^T

anytime in the show! I don't care if it's many episodes away, I mean MANY
I just wish he would come back.

( Gee do I talk about other things? :/)
Drako-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drako-Cat View Post
I wanna see the Battle Nexus and Drako again T^T.
Never would have guessed...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
Drako-Cat
Random Punk
 
Drako-Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Never would have guessed...
Well it is very obvious isn't it? XD
Drako-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #19
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
I don't know about first but I would like to see Bishop somewhere down the line as another villain.

Angel would make a good friend for April in the series and I really like Nobody (who is also Mirage, but was featured in the 4Kids show)
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I wouldn't make a guess, but 2k3 characters I don't hope to see are:
Ch'Rell (The Shredder being human is part of what makes him interesting, in my opinion, and if he had stayed dead when his head came off, the show would have been much better for it.) .
It was Peter Lair's idea to make Oroku Saki into an utrom, Beside we didn't saw Ch'rell that much compare to the Oroku Saki persona. In season three of the 4Kids cartoon we saw the businessman side of Oroku Saki, in season five it was revealed that Ch'rell was an imposter and there was a human Oroku Saki.
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4kids


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.