The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Does anyone think the animation looks better in some trailers than others?

During that trailer they released of the show a few weeks ago that show the Turtles battling the Foot in the alley, the animation seems really stiff and wooden. The Foot almost seem like place drops when they appear on the rooftops.

Yet you watch the, "Training battle" or "TMNT Vs. Kraang" trailers and the animation and fight scenes seem so much smoother and more detailed.

I also feel the animation in the recent, "Meet Raphael" trailer seems worse than the Leo or Don ones for some reason.

I assume everything they're showing is now 100% finished footage from the actual episodes, so they can't be outdated stuff they haven't completed yet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
During that trailer they released of the show a few weeks ago that show the Turtles battling the Foot in the alley, the animation seems really stiff and wooden. The Foot almost seem like place drops when they appear on the rooftops.

Yet you watch the, "Training battle" or "TMNT Vs. Kraang" trailers and the animation and fight scenes seem so much smoother and more detailed.

I also feel the animation in the recent, "Meet Raphael" trailer seems worse than the Leo or Don ones for some reason.

I assume everything they're showing is now 100% finished footage from the actual episodes, so they can't be outdated stuff they haven't completed yet.
I totally agree, but the animation IS better than I feared it would be so I ain't complaining!!!
__________________
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I felt like the "Meet Raphael" trailer wasn't the best one because some of the scenes looked a bit off. Other than that, I enjoyed the animation in the other trailers.
__________________




Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 07-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
I think some of that is earlier animation
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior
 
TMNT_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Home, PA
Posts: 620
They did say that the first episode isn't even finished yet at the comic con panel.
__________________
TMNT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
I think some of that is earlier animation
Yeah, Rich M. stated during the panel at the con when they showed clips that what they were showing was early animation and nothing is finalized yet, so I would assume that nothing is "final" until we see an episode on 9/29.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
They did say that the first episode isn't even finished yet at the comic con panel.
How is that even possible when the episode airs in 2 months? Surely all the editing has to be finished at least a month ahead of time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
Lil G
Stone Warrior
 
Lil G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In west philadelphia born and raised...
Posts: 814
I was thinking the same exact thing. In the new villains trailer it seems like the clip of Mikey and the Kraang is there, but with a different background. So maybe they're not 100% finished with each episodes but just putting out bit and pieces of completed scenes... Just a thought.
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How is that even possible when the episode airs in 2 months? Surely all the editing has to be finished at least a month ahead of time.
The 2nd or 3rd episode of Reboot was finished no more than a hour before it aired on ABC. No joke, the animators tell the story of how close call everything was on the Shout Factory box set. Point is it happens more often than you'd think.
__________________
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
no wonder lots animations characters r deformed in some episodes.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
The animation did seem rather rough on the latest trailer. Hopefully it's from later episodes and will be improved upon when it comes out.

I just hate the "It looks like N64 graphics" people keep claiming on non-Turtle sites.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
The 2nd or 3rd episode of Reboot was finished no more than a hour before it aired on ABC. No joke, the animators tell the story of how close call everything was on the Shout Factory box set. Point is it happens more often than you'd think.
Funny you should bring up Reboot.Sonic the Hedgehog that aired on ABC back in 93-94,the first season didn't have a continuos story line like the 2nd season did.Also,the animation didn't look as crisp either.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
I think some of that is earlier animation
That's what I am thinking.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
The 2nd or 3rd episode of Reboot was finished no more than a hour before it aired on ABC. No joke, the animators tell the story of how close call everything was on the Shout Factory box set. Point is it happens more often than you'd think.
Off subject, but I totally forgot about Reeboot.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #15
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I've never understood how someone can misspell something that's right in front of them.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #16
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I've never understood how someone can misspell something that's right in front of them.
Yeah.
Yeah...

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #17
Frozen_Cereal
Thug
 
Frozen_Cereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 92
Occasionally, the animation does look a bit stiff, but it's understandable given that it's an early version that we're seeing. It'll probably be improved by the time that the show airs.
__________________
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
Frozen_Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
well its only tv series wut do u expect? lots movies r even bad animated themselves...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
they totally changed around this old sneak peak from comic con, i kinda liked the old one better!

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/tmnt...tml?xid=TMNTFB
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #20
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMaster4 View Post
they totally changed around this old sneak peak from comic con, i kinda liked the old one better!

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/tmnt...tml?xid=TMNTFB
That was epic! I also love when their eyes turned white! I guess it's because that other video was just early stuff.
__________________




Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 09-01-2012 at 12:39 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.