The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
TMNT #12 Preview/Discussion

Here's a nice preview of issue #12, in stores tomorrow!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=13082


Thanks much for your continued interest and support!

Tom W.

Last edited by Venom; 07-26-2012 at 09:41 AM.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,796
This issue is both a milestone and an end of an era for IDW.

This wraps up the whole first year story arc of this new continuity and represents Dan Duncan's final issue. At least IDW successfully wrapped up year one with a bang.

I can't wait for Year Two.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Of course I had to take a look, couldn't help my self. It was fantastic. I can't wait to have to full issue in hand and see how everything breaks down. Tomorrow is a doulbe treat with this and the Casey book.

Tom thank you for these awesome previews and issues.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I don't want to spoil myself, but I took a peak! Can't wait to read it
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
My question is will we get how Shredder is still around in this issue or are we going to have to wait tell the mini-series?
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
looked through all the pages... not the dialogue. That last page is just epic... "its about to go down!" Man am I super excited for this issue. Not to mention the Casey issue is released the same day. Its going to be one shell of a fight no doubt. The fight we've all been waiting for.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
looked through all the pages... not the dialogue. That last page is just epic... "its about to go down!" Man am I super excited for this issue. Not to mention the Casey issue is released the same day. Its going to be one shell of a fight no doubt. The fight we've all been waiting for.
AHH! This is the last Duncan issue! I will have to wait until tomorrow to even take a peek.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
My question is will we get how Shredder is still around in this issue or are we going to have to wait tell the mini-series?
I'm guessing there would be no need for the mini series if they spilled the beans here. Maybe we'll get a hint though!
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Yeah, that is more of what I meant. Will we see some kind of illumination, a hint if you will, about what is going on? I mean it is a pretty big deal and to leave us in the shadows tell later in the year just seems cruel.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #10
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Now, that's how you do a rescue.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Now, that's how you do a rescue.
Yup... wait til the last possible second to stop an execution when all hope is lost, use a baddie for a test dummy, throw in some kind of witty line and drop in Batman style to the rescue. Badass indeed, Turtles.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
^Indeed. The Turtles certainly exel at making dramatic rescues.

It almost reminds me way back in #4 when they came to rescue Raph when Hob came close to killing him.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #13
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
Yeah, that is more of what I meant. Will we see some kind of illumination, a hint if you will, about what is going on? I mean it is a pretty big deal and to leave us in the shadows tell later in the year just seems cruel.
I think I vaguely recall Bobby or Tom mentioning that they will be exploring Shredder's survival a little bit in the next few issues, but I don't know if that was changed because of the mini series. I'm sure, at the least, the turtles will be thinking about it!
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #14
Mutant_Hero_Turtle95
Random Punk
 
Mutant_Hero_Turtle95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 45
Im gonna miss Dan Duncans art. And this issues gonna be great! cant wait to get this and the casey issue!
Mutant_Hero_Turtle95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Has it really been a year already since issue 1 came out? Wow, the time surely did fly by didn't it? Tom and the guys have really kept us talking about this series, and this looks just as good as the rest!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #16
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
You guys really think Duncan has been improving over the past year? I loved his earlier stuff, but the last few issues have reeked, in my opinion. I miss background's and turtles/humans that don't look oddly shaped.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
You guys really think Duncan has been improving over the past year? I loved his earlier stuff, but the last few issues have reeked, in my opinion. I miss background's and turtles/humans that don't look oddly shaped.
I like his art in this issue very well and the last few. Either way its not really worth complaining about anymore given this is his final issue forever.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #18
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I like his art in this issue very well and the last few. Either way its not really worth complaining about anymore given this is his final issue forever.
Well you are definitely not alone. I guess I am of the minority here. I do adore some of his earlier stuff though. I get the impression he was trying harder. The splash page in issue 1 along with the first few covers, were great! They had grit, weight, and style.

I for one am glad to see him go at this point. Excited to see what Khun can really do.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
I like the homage cover
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
You guys really think Duncan has been improving over the past year? I loved his earlier stuff, but the last few issues have reeked, in my opinion. I miss background's and turtles/humans that don't look oddly shaped.
Yeah, his Turtle heads look really "squeezed" and lumpy, all of a sudden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I for one am glad to see [Duncan] go at this point. Excited to see what Khun can really do.
He just needs to lay off on the excessively toothy expressions, and I think he'll do great.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, idw, tom waltz


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.