The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Do you hope the show has normal human enemies and gangsters for the Turtles to fight?

One thing that concerns me about the Nick show is other than the usual Shredder/Karai/Baxter/Foot...all the other enemies seem to be aliens or monsters or mutants.

One thing I like about all previous TMNT incarnations is they eventually go up against human gangsters, human gang members, or just random criminals.

The OT featured tons of mob bosses, (Big Louie, Pinkie McFingers, Don Tortelli, Mad Dogg McMutt), and the 4kids series featured the mob in Season 1 and the City at War arc. The Mirage comics and IDW series also has the Turtles face gangs and mobsters.

I really hope the Turtles don't just fight against creatures and supernatural beings, I want to see gangsters and human thugs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I could see the 2k12 turtles fighting some street thugs once in awhile. But I won't be too dissappointed if we don't see them fight any gangs on the show.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Worst thread of August.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Worst thread of August.
Man, why did we ever fight that one time?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Posts: 301
Pinkie McFingers? Mad Dogg McMutt? Pardon me if I don't recognize those names, I haven't seen all the episodes of the original series.
__________________
Moonlight1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really hope the Turtles don't just fight against creatures and supernatural beings, I want to see gangsters and human thugs.
Most of the franchise's worst or uninteresting stories have featured that as the focus. Kids don't watch this show for regular joes.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
I don't have a problem with the Turtles fighting gangsters or mafiosos if they're portrayed well.

But since those types of characters have been used effectively approximately 0 percent of the time in the Turtles' entire history (comics, movies and cartoons), and have even less of a chance of succeeding in a kids' show, I say "no."
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight1102 View Post
Pinkie McFingers? Mad Dogg McMutt? Pardon me if I don't recognize those names, I haven't seen all the episodes of the original series.
Pinkie Mcfingers appeared in several episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Oh shell yeah! I think they will though.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
I don't have a problem with the Turtles fighting gangsters or mafiosos if they're portrayed well.

But since those types of characters have been used effectively approximately 0 percent of the time in the Turtles' entire history (comics, movies and cartoons), and have even less of a chance of succeeding in a kids' show, I say "no."
What about Hun and the Purple Dragons?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Maybe. I would love to see one or two crop up.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
There Will Be Normal Humans, We Have Seen Them In Clips Already
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Thank god the Purple Dragons are back.

Now we need some gangsters
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Thank god the Purple Dragons are back.

Now we need some gangsters
How do you know the Purple Dragons are back?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
How do you know the Purple Dragons are back?
I have a picture of the new Purple Dragons here on this thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39325
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
How do you know the Purple Dragons are back?


There was a screenshot in some thread here of 3 or 4 thugs sporting some dragon-like tattoos which most have already assumed to be the Purple Dragons.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #17
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I have a picture of the new Purple Dragons here on this thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39325
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
There was a screenshot in some thread here of 3 or 4 thugs sporting some dragon-like tattoos which most have already assumed to be the Purple Dragons.
Oh, okay. I bet those are the purple dragons! I can't wait for this show! Tomorrow at 8pm is rise of the turtles part 1, spread the word!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Then why do they look like The Warriors?
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Yes. But so far it's just Ol' Shredhead, Ms. Elf, Baxter, and the PDs.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
I want to see the return of Big Louie, Pinky Mcfingers, and Don Turtelli.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4kids, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.