The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Radion
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24
You are making a tmnt live action short what do you put in and what would you leave?

Biggest collection of turtles fans I know so good base I reckon

Say your making a live action movie or short, given the tv shows cartoon and live action and the long list of movies, what story lines, character development would you want to be in there and what jokes or sayings would you want to hear?

New or old or variations quotes always interested to hear as well lol

Last edited by Radion; 08-01-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Radion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
It's "you're", as in "you are".
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Radion
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24
Changed was miss spelled to fit the title lol

Not that I'm the greatest at it anyways =p
Radion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I always thought my ideal short live action film would utilize the 1st movie costumes and the same feel, only even darker. The story-line would be "City at War", without a doubt. I wouldn't mind some changes, I'm not a purist. But keep the original elements of the story in tact.

Splinter and the Rat King would make for especially spooky scenes.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Radion
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24
I'm with you something dark and edgy with a high level of martial arts content a must, don't think we have seen that since movie 1
Radion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
Radion
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24
How about even a splinter fight scene as a nice change of pace
Radion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
As for leaving things out, don't waste a single moment on the origin story.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #8
Radion
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24
Aww shame I quite like the skit saying the reason splinter was so smart was his master smoked opium and the fumes expanded his little rat mind to learn the ways of ninja lmao
Radion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
If I made a TMNT live action short, it would be based off of TMNT Vol.1 #17, where Mikey was a ronin in Fedual Japan:

Spoiler:
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #10
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
I've always loved that cover. Never did track down a copy of that issue, though.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:06 AM   #11
Welmanshire
Hench Mutant
 
Welmanshire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 415
I am slowly planning out a fan film. I am working on the costumes currently (check the link in my signature), but I want to clash the stories from the first few mirage books and the first and second films together.
Welmanshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #12
Master of the Foot Clan
Foot Soldier
 
Master of the Foot Clan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I always thought my ideal short live action film would utilize the 1st movie costumes and the same feel, only even darker. The story-line would be "City at War", without a doubt.
I would totally watch that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radion View Post
I'm with you something dark and edgy with a high level of martial arts content a must, don't think we have seen that since movie 1
We haven't and I also I think that is what stopped Fight the Foot from being the ultimate fan film. Most fan films don't have quality martial arts anyway though. IDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radion View Post
How about even a splinter fight scene as a nice change of pace
That would be amazing if it could be pulled off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
As for leaving things out, don't waste a single moment on the origin story.
Even Nick Turtles didn't waste time on it. It's been done to death.

I think the City at War with a TMNT 1 feel but darker is a great idea if it's executed right. Fight the Foot and Casey Jones were cool but I still think fans could still do better.

There's a few fan films in development I've heard about.(serious ones) Fight the Foot and Casey Jones were the only COMPLETED ones I've heard about that were'nt completely stupid and ridiculous. There might be ones I haven't heard about.
Master of the Foot Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I was actually working on a play a few months ago about the TMNT fighting the Purple Dragons, but then I scrapped it. I think I might go back and rewrite it.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #14
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I'll laugh so hard if TC is one of the guys making that "Mirage Fan Uprising" movie.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
I would include the origin story. There's so many ways it's been interpreted and I like to know how it's being portrayed in whatever it is I'm watching. Anyway, I would also create much darker, grittier and serious, really stressing the idea that the turtles' lives really are constantly at stake by their very existence as mutant creatures.

I would prefer something that focuses more on their bonds as brothers rather than a story that leaves them disjointed as a family. If I had to leave anything out, my first instincts would be Bebop and Rocksteady. It would take quite a bit of work to rewrite them as more serious and deadly threats and I feel the amount of effort required into that wouldn't be worth the time and money into creating their costumes.
__________________
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #16
Master of the Foot Clan
Foot Soldier
 
Master of the Foot Clan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I was actually working on a play a few months ago about the TMNT fighting the Purple Dragons, but then I scrapped it. I think I might go back and rewrite it.
sounds cool. make it a musical. Anything is better than this



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
I would include the origin story. There's so many ways it's been interpreted and I like to know how it's being portrayed in whatever it is I'm watching. Anyway, I would also create much darker, grittier and serious, really stressing the idea that the turtles' lives really are constantly at stake by their very existence as mutant creatures.

I would prefer something that focuses more on their bonds as brothers rather than a story that leaves them disjointed as a family. If I had to leave anything out, my first instincts would be Bebop and Rocksteady. It would take quite a bit of work to rewrite them as more serious and deadly threats and I feel the amount of effort required into that wouldn't be worth the time and money into creating their costumes.
I think you just described the first movie. Which I doubt a fan can top that.
Master of the Foot Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #17
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
seeing as most fan films have a low budget, i'd definitely try to keep it grounded in a relatively realistic style. i'd avoid getting into the trans-dimensional, cosmic space stuff and keep it in NYC, focused on the Foot. or just crime in the city, really.

i'd play up the ninja stuff also, show them having fun and being brothers, but while also showing that when it comes down to business, they are highly trained ninjas.

i also wouldn't try to cram every single angle or character i'd like to see from other incarnations into a tmnt flick (fan or otherwise), just because i can or want to. subtlety is where it's at, in my opinion. Also, i wouldn't make every detail absolutely, 100% necessary. BRIGHT YELLOW JUMPSUITS DO NOT LOOK GOOD ON PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE!

also, whatever happened with that take back the sewers fan flick? i watched that vid posted above and visited the site and their fb page, but doesn't look like anything ever came of it. anyone know anything? that trailer looked meh, but i'd still like to see more.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #18
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
You know what I would love to see? A film or series of films made from Tristan's comic storyline from Tales.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Depends on how short we're talking. When you say "live action short" it makes me think of the shorts Pixar and Disney do before their films, so no longer than 5 minutes.

If that's the case I'd do the opening of Vol. 1 #1. Shot in black and white, gritty noir feel with costumes similar to the first movie but with a bit more of an early Mirage look. Just the Turtles Vs. Purple Dragons with Leo's narration. Keep it short and simple and get as many of the comic panels in there as possible. Ideally it would look like the comic come to life
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #20
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
...also, whatever happened with that take back the sewers fan flick? i watched that vid posted above and visited the site and their fb page, but doesn't look like anything ever came of it. anyone know anything? that trailer looked meh, but i'd still like to see more.
They took the $430 they raised (out of the $40 THOUSAND they were looking for) and went home!

Those crowd-funded fan projects drive me nuts. There are so many indie creators trying to raise money for their own ideas without a couple of overzealous fans trying to get other fans to assist them in their violation of someone else's intellectual property rights.

A live action short? If budget were no issue? The TMNT versus the Mousers. Not the whole story - maybe a short voiceover explaining who April is, as the guys have just cornered Baxter Stockman. Then go from there right up thru the end. And I'd love for them to look a little closer to the old, short, stocky Mirage TMNT.
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fan film, live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.