The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Jessica Biel

A couple of recent articles regarding Jessica Biel expressing interest for the role of April O'Neil.

http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/ne...keen-on-ninja/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...her-shell.html

Probably internet scuttlebutt for now, but I'm sure a lot of people would like to see Jessica Biel in a TMNT movie...
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I always loved when they reference that someone is a "fan of the original comics" then we get things like "'I dig April, she's cool. She wore a yellow suit and she was a redhead." How vague and pointless is that description?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
She's hot but that means jack sh*t to me. Wouldn't be great for the part. April isn't there to be expendable eye candy.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
She seems fine to me.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:07 AM   #5
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
She'd look awkward as hell as a redhead. Admittedly they could do a lot better. And a lot worse. April would certainly only be used as major (skanky) fanservice if Biel really did take the role, which would be sourly disappointing.
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:59 AM   #6
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
With Michael Bay's fingerprints on this product, the role of April will likely go to someone with a 'soft-porn' image and nothing much else.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I'm kind of on the fence about this. I believe Jessica could make an interesting April, but then again I can think of atleast 3 or 4 other actresses who would be better fitted for the part.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988


Last edited by Jephael; 08-04-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
She's attractive and can act decently. Sounds fine to me.

I don't get this notion that people need to be fans before they're 'worthy' of being in the movie.

But man. That one scene in Chuck and Larry.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I could see this. It doesn't bother me at all. I like her, and she is a decent actor.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Turning April into a sex symbol is disgusting. April has always been modest in every incarnation she's been in, from the 3 cartoons, the old movies or the comics.

What's next, Casey Jones is a handsome male model with abs who pushes April against the wall for a make out scene?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
But... she's a babe~
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What's next, Casey Jones is a handsome male model with abs who pushes April against the wall for a make out scene?
Sadly, this does not sound far-fetched to me at all. People like their steamy, tensioned scenes and it's not as though the turtles are exactly ideal for that type of scenario. Not that I wouldn't mind Casey with some killer abs or anything (fair is fair, right?), but if all we can focus on is the 'hotness' of the humans, we have a problem.
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Turning April into a sex symbol is disgusting.
Oh yeah. Because NOBODY in this community has talked about April being hot in the cartoons or anything. Sure they're all creepo's but it stands.

The only constant casting suggestion I've seen around these here parts for April is Christina Hendricks. You can't tell me that is because of her great acting or anything (If you know what I am saying to you right now. Breasts). Biel is just as good of an actress IMO and she's proven she can be atleast the tiniest bit comedic.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #14
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
I've heard worse ideas to be honest. Not my personal choice but they're obviously going to go with someone conventionaly attractive regardless of who is directing. That being said I hope they avoid putting her in yellow clothes throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
She'd look awkward as hell as a redhead. Admittedly they could do a lot better. And a lot worse. April would certainly only be used as major (skanky) fanservice if Biel really did take the role, which would be sourly disappointing.
Here's a question; Why does April need to be a redhead?

There's been some commonalities but pretty much every incarnation has been vastly different in both character and her plot that she's essentialy malleable to whatever kind of TMNT story you want to tell. If people are okay with the turtles having different skin tones and bandana colours and getting weird designs with freckles and missing teeth etc I don't think it's unfeasible for April to have a different hair colour.

Last edited by Galactus; 08-04-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Oh yeah. Because NOBODY in this community has talked about April being hot in the cartoons or anything. Sure they're all creepo's but it stands.

The only constant casting suggestion I've seen around these here parts for April is Christina Hendricks. You can't tell me that is because of her great acting or anything (If you know what I am saying to you right now. Breasts). Biel is just as good of an actress IMO and she's proven she can be atleast the tiniest bit comedic.
You know good and well what I mean. Even though people like April's design, she's never been purposely used for fanservice or a sex symbol in any incarnation.

April is not the "hot chick" bending over or flirting with guys. She's always been that headstrong "girl next door" type of character. The two cartoons and movies portrayed her correctly.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
She'd look awkward as hell as a redhead.
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/hairstyl...rstyles#slide2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Turning April into a sex symbol is disgusting. April has always been modest in every incarnation she's been in, from the 3 cartoons, the old movies or the comics.
Right because the low cut jumpsuit from the 1987 toon and the bare midriff from the 2003 one were so modest. Plus I fail to see how casting an attractive actress automatically makes her a sex symbol. Would you rather have an ugly April?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You know good and well what I mean. Even though people like April's design, she's never been purposely used for fanservice or a sex symbol in any incarnation.

April is not the "hot chick" bending over or flirting with guys. She's always been that headstrong "girl next door" type of character. The two cartoons and movies portrayed her correctly.
Ok take a look at this cover from issue 2. http://miragelicensing.com/comics/mi...2/02cover3.jpg If anything Biel isn't busty enough to be April. You know just because the actress playing April is pretty doesn't necessary mean she will be bending over, flirting and whatnot.

Last edited by Xav; 08-04-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #17
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
Yup, proves my point But then, maybe it's just cause I don't find Jessica very attractive to begin with.
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You know good and well what I mean. Even though people like April's design, she's never been purposely used for fanservice or a sex symbol in any incarnation.

April is not the "hot chick" bending over or flirting with guys. She's always been that headstrong "girl next door" type of character. The two cartoons and movies portrayed her correctly.
Uh...and who says Jessica Biel being cast in that role would change it into that? She's been playing the street smart girl for years now.

Total Recall JUST came out dawg!
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #19
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
I don't see what's wrong with Jessica Biel being April... Where did this "too hot to be cast as April" come from? I actually kind of hope she gets the part.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #20
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I don't see what's wrong with Jessica Biel being April... Where did this "too hot to be cast as April" come from? I actually kind of hope she gets the part.
Personally speaking, I don't care too much whether April is "hot" or not, it's more so a matter of the fact that if someone like Biel is cast, that's all April is going to be good for, as opposed to a character with an actual personality. But hey, like I said, they could do a lot worse and a lot better than Biel, and of course nothing's set in stone yet, so I'll just wait and see.
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april o'neil, live-action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.