The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
shikator
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Raphael Winning the training trailer

I was watching it a a day ago and i think that it is nice to see raph win for a change. I know that he has won against leo a few times but it looked good on the trailer..then again, im a raph fan..

But i was disapointed.. they made donnie and mikey look inferior to raph and leo..I know raph and leo has always been the best fighter, but they made it look easy..
shikator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Its hard to say from that clip, what they are gonna do, but I would think its to set a rivalry between Leo and Raph, Don and Mike will have their time to shine
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikator View Post

But i was disapointed.. they made donnie and mikey look inferior to raph and leo..I know raph and leo has always been the best fighter, but they made it look easy..
I wouldn't say that Mikey and Donnie looked inferior. They both had the upper hand when fighting Raph and Leo before they took them down.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
I've always thought of Raph as the better fighter but he let's his anger blind him, which is why he often lost battles to Mikey. Each brother seems to be better than the others at something which ends up making them all equal.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I've never been a fan of making one turtle clearly better than the others. In my mind, that's what separates TMNT from a lot of those other 80s action cartoon shows. There's no He-Man, Lion-O, Optimus Prime, or "Black Lion" that almost always dominates the screentime. They're more like the Ghostbusters. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses, but their chemistry and combined efforts is what make them special.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 08-17-2012 at 03:38 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I've never been a fan of making one turtle clearly better than the others. In my mind, that's what separates TMNT from a lot of those other 80s action cartoon shows. There's no He-Man, Lion-O, or "Black Lion" that almost always dominates the screentime. They're more like the Ghostbusters. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses, but their chemistry and combined efforts is what make them special.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better if I tried.

That said though, I really like that Raph won in the sparring match, and I loved when he got to win in TMNT. That just comes down to a character preference on my own part though, rather than really thinking Raph is or needs to be the strongest one. I just liked seeing Raph finally be the victor over Leo, after years of rewatching their rivalry in various formats.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I always saw it as living and training with the same people for 15 some odd years, and you'd know their strengths and weaknesses, thus each Turtle could theoretically take the others out, because of this knowledge.

It also means they become a neigh unstoppable fighting force when pitted against a common enemy because they can play to each other's strengths.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
What's so wrong with Don losing? He's always been the weakest turtle? I dont have a problem with Raph winning too, there's always been the rivalry of Leo and Raph.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikator View Post
I was watching it a a day ago and i think that it is nice to see raph win for a change. I know that he has won against leo a few times but it looked good on the trailer..then again, im a raph fan.
For a change? In the comics Return To New York Book 1 had Leo and Raph coming to blows and Raph beating him and in the 2k7 movie Raph too beats Leo. Two important events and Raph bests him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
What's so wrong with Don losing? He's always been the weakest turtle? I dont have a problem with Raph winning too, there's always been the rivalry of Leo and Raph.
Not always. In the Archie comics Don thrashed all three of his brothers in the Stump Arena.

I tend to think a realistic take on the turtles is that all can feasibly beat each other. Raph may be the strongest and Leo the most disciplined etc but just like in real life any numbere of factors can come into play for someone like Mike and Don to beat the other two and each.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #10
shikator
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Did you read?

And as for donnie lossing, I dont think there is anything wrong with donnie losing. The real problem is that he and mickey were totally schooled by leo and raph.

I'm not even a donnie fan. He is my least favorite, but i hated how they made it look like there is a big gap in fighting between him and raph..
shikator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Well, Mickey is just a giant mouse who isn't trained in as a ninja.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant
 
MoreCowbell5263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 300
Raph always gets the glory. He had three solo fight scenes in the first movie, the most glory in the CGI 07 movie, and had a bigger part than half the turtles in 2 and 3. Don's mostly pushed into the background (save for in 2) and almost never shown to be a better fighter. He loses first in the Battle Nexus episodes.

Raph beating Don is one thing, but they made it look like Don never will have a chance at beating Raph in that footage. That Raph's like Don's bully or something. "You said you wouldn't hurt me." Or whatever he says.

Just watched it again, and Don just cowers like a little baby once Raph gets within two feet of him. Once he loses his staff, he just gives up. Doesn't try to throw a punch or anything. Reinforcing the feeling that Raph/Don is like a Bully/Nerd relationship.

If they're going to make Don be beaten so easily by Raph, then I hope this version of Don tries to be a pacifist or something as often as possible.

If Don's gonna be afraid to fight Raph, I hope he uses a lot of gadgets and stuff. Give him a reason why he doesn't stand a chance.
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke...the only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!

Last edited by MoreCowbell5263; 08-30-2012 at 08:53 PM.
MoreCowbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #13
This_is_my_username
Random Punk
 
This_is_my_username's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
Raph is a fighter. It's what he lives and breathes for. At 14/15 (I assume?), I see him winning the most in match fighting because he wants it the most, whereas the other brothers explore other hobbies and develop other skills on the side. His struggles in having to deal with the fact that strongest doesn't always mean best all-round abilities (or life-handling abilities) are probably just starting to become obvious. And Leo is right there on his heels, and mastering leadership skills to boot.

In short, I liked the clip.
__________________
"You already have a bow tie collection."
"And your lizard stuff!"
"I know, but every lizard has a bow tie and lizard stuff collection."
This_is_my_username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #14
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I really hope Raph matures a little in this series and learns to chill out a little. It really annoyed me how he was always so pissed off in the 4Kids series, especially in Fast Forward.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I really hope Raph matures a little in this series and learns to chill out a little. It really annoyed me how he was always so pissed off in the 4Kids series, especially in Fast Forward.
Yeah, same here. A little development for Raph would be pretty cool.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.