The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Nick TMNT Show Now Available On iTunes

Now You Can Buy A Season Pass For The First Season Of TMNT On iTunes. When You Buy It You Automatically Get The Episodes As They Become Available
Booyakasha!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I bought the $29.99 HD season pass a few days ago. This is going to be great.

you can choose to download 720p or 1080p, and if you have multiple devices, you can chose to download 1080p on one and 720p on another, etc., based on your needs. It's really flexible.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Does this work for people living in Europe?
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Does this work for people living in Europe?
I think so, but we don't get the freebies for free
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
the freebies are on youtube anyway. And they aren't that essential, IMO

Keep in mind that there are 26 episodes in season 1... so this is only a little more than $1 per episode! It's a great deal.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,179
since when does itunes allow 1080p tv shows? They always said 720p was good enough, that was like 2 years ago but I never read an update about them finally moving on from 720p. Is it DRMd though? That would be a deal breaker.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
they have offered 1080p for some time.
yes there is DRM. you can play them in itunes on PC/Mac or your iOS device of choice.

You can also play them in Quicktime (this is useful because it has a frame-by-frame feature that iTunes does not have). Works great on mac but i've had very spotty success playing DRM'd itunes downloads in Quicktime on Windows. It crashes a lot.

You can also strip the DRM if you want to play them elsewhere. Lots of guides for that out there.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,179
DRM became a pain for me with my itunes music. It's a deal breaker if I can't buy a version without DRM, and I"m not going through the trouble of getting rid of it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Well you can also buy an HD or SD season passon amazon. but as far as I know that is streaming only. iTunes is generally considered to be better quality.

I am not aware of any other stores besides those two. I would love to know if they exist and where.

And of course, the dvd and blu-ray will be out sometime in 2013. Even those have DRM! There is no escaping DRM for video content.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #10
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
iTunes has added 3 more free previews to the season, for a total of 7!

105 - Green vs. Mean
106 - Meet the Turtles
107 - Sneak Peak - Training Showdown

None of this seems new, but the 1080p quality sure is new!

"Meet the Turtles" combines all 4 "meet character X" videos into one.

"Training Showdown" looks GREAT, best looking version we have gotten of this clip so far
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #11
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
hey compadres!this looks to be a fantastic opportunity to see the show in original english dub for me untila dvd set will become available someday...but can somebody please tell a fred firestone in computer thingies what is needed to be able to watch those?
I just have a note pad..and a smartphone(samsung, no iphone mind you) is it possible forme to see this then?
thanks in advance
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #12
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
if you honestly only have a notepad and a samsung phone and you absolutely feel you have to watch it on your phone, amazon is probably the best option.

go on amazon and search for nickelodeon ninja turtles... you can buy the episodes, or season pass, through there. starting saturday, of course
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #13
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
DonatelloFan19 this is like the hundreth time you created a thread about something we new about all ready. Im nit mad just try looking a round a little harder.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #14
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
thank you very much!will hit amazon then right away!boy, do I hope they will have plenty of interesting bonus features on a dvd box set one day..I am so interested in all behind the making of this show...
thanks again!
#
oh just re-read your answer, pal...I actually would prefer to watch it on the notepad, but my chances are slim I am assuming?I have the option to safe this thing on a micro sd card and watch it either on the note pad or my phone, does that help at all?
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #15
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Actually I am quite glad we have a thread for the iTunes season pass Donnie D., because a lot of people don't have cable/sat for various reasons. It is a great way to get the episodes legally and in very high quality.

marcelangelo: can you please be more clear about this notepad you are talking about. i guess you are talking about a notebook computer? Can you describe the device? What kind of hardware does it have? What year was it built? What is the operating system?

If your computer can run youtube it should be able to run amazon video perfectly fine.

Sorry I do not believe amazon nor itunes supports transfering the videos to microSD card. It is a limitation of the medium for now.

Advice: go on amazon and try to watch the FREE videos. If they play fine then you are good to go.

Amazon Standard Definition

Amazon High Definition
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #16
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
thanks for all the work there, buddy!
yes, you are right it is a notebook computer..it is called lenovo ideapad, it has intel atom inside(no kidding, thats what the sticker says..) and is designed for microsoft windows xp....I don't know when it was fabricated but it was fairly new I believe..bought it in spring from a friend who himself bought it I think last year sometime...

just checked your links but they don't work for me since amazon tells me you must be us citizen to see the content/or rather use us based credit cards to pay for that...

youtube videos I can watch just fine...

well, if the episodes you are receiving with such a tv pass can't be saved on a micro sd card or such a devise does this in end effect mean you don't actually OWN what you are paying for then?you just pay for the possibillity to watch them and thats that?
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #17
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
even when you buy a cd you don't own what is on it. you can't for example use the songs in a movie you make. you are only licensing them for specific, non-commercial personal uses. when you buy a tv show/movie digitally from an online store you can watch it as much as you want, but there are always restrictions on how you can watch it, for example it probably requires certain software or hardware. This is really no different from any other form of purchasing. You can't play a blu-ray on your phone, for example.

sorry I do not think i can assist you further. my advice is to find a website that sells digital movies and tv shows in your country and look there. or wait for dvd/blu-ray, or just watch them on tv when they air in your country.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #18
jetfire prime
Random Punk
 
jetfire prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 48
I bet come Thursday or Friday the whole first episode will be on iTunes for free. Big networks do that all the time to generate hype. Nick actually just did with one of their other high profile shows, The Legend of Korra.
jetfire prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #19
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I Just Noticed That The Picture I Posted Mentions That April's Father's Name Is Kirby
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #20
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
even when you buy a cd you don't own what is on it. you can't for example use the songs in a movie you make. you are only licensing them for specific, non-commercial personal uses. when you buy a tv show/movie digitally from an online store you can watch it as much as you want, but there are always restrictions on how you can watch it, for example it probably requires certain software or hardware. This is really no different from any other form of purchasing. You can't play a blu-ray on your phone, for example.

sorry I do not think i can assist you further. my advice is to find a website that sells digital movies and tv shows in your country and look there. or wait for dvd/blu-ray, or just watch them on tv when they air in your country.
yes I know that this is the way things are in general, but what I meant was being able to save the episode on something like a wewritable cd or something like that, so that you can watch this whenever wherever you want...guess I am too much used to posessing dvds...
thanks for your suggestions, I am sure I will enjoy the show very much when I am watching it someday..
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.