The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Huree
Random Punk
 
Huree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tuckahoe
Posts: 30
The shape of the Turtles' heads

One tiny thing that has been bothering me when I watch clips of the new series is the unnatural looking geometric angle that happens around the turtles nose area and goes all round their head.

Does anyone else wish they would smooth out the design of their heads?

This might be a weird complaint just seeing if anyone else has noticed this. Really looking forward to this show.
Huree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I did notice this specially with Raphael's face, you would think they would fix it but I'm starting to get the idea that this show isn't aiming for top of the line CGI effects, but a mix of medias.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
its a part of the design, you can see it throughout the whole character design of the turtles that they have hard edges, not just the head.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
The heads look fine to me.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
The heads look fine to me.
Same here, I think it's just the style.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
I don't mind, I actually like it quite a bit to be honest. I've never been overly thrilled about how lumpy their heads can sometimes look when drawn, so this sleeker design looks pretty nice to me. Certainly makes it easier for me to draw them in any case. The only aspect I'm not that thrilled about his own 'long' Don's head seems to be compared to everyone else. He'd look a lot cuter with a rounder shaped head like his brothers all seem to have imo.
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I've noticed it, and I like it. It's different. Sets them apart a bit. Helpful when they're represented in 2D art, for one thing. I'm used to angular turtles. Lawson, Remender, Lesean, lots of TMNT comic guys had put out turtles with sharp-edged faces.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Also, Mikey doesn't have it. His face is softer and whatnot.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.