The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
The Mutagen

Does anyone else absolutely love the look of the mutagen in this? It looks sooo damn cool!
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I'm surprised its not more greenish. It's more like bright blue with a neon glow.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'm a little disappointed they didn't keep it green (or make it purple like in the OT) but it definitely does look really cool. Five imaginary bucks says dopey ass Playmates takes the lazy mans route and puts out the same green ooze as always when the time comes, instead of going to the effort of making it screen accurate.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
I was thinking this as I watched the show again earlier and was going to make a thread..didn't know if it would be worth it though.

Anyway, the mutagen would make for a cool black light
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Or lava lamp.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I like how the ooze itself has such defined integrity. Raph could let it ooze slowly out of the canister but then easily scoop it back at a second's notice. Seems like it would make for some really fun play putty... assuming you don't care about those "side-effects."

Also...

"Let's drink some!"
[Best line of the episode, IMO]
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
9.95
Random Punk
 
9.95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 30
I kind of wish they would have made it that same pinkish purple of the ot, but it does look cool. Mabye we'll see some various coloured ooze in the toyline, green pink/purple and neon bluish if were lucky.
__________________
Needed for original turtles and splinter.
Leo- swords
Raph- sias and fist dagger
Mikey- belt and nunchucks
Don- belt and staff
Splinter- belt, robe and cane

Also
Classics collection leo
Neca leo
9.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
ComicBookBoy
Hench Mutant
 
ComicBookBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Or lava lamp.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Lava-Lit...item51a1b286dd

Not exactly the same thing you were talking about but whatever.
__________________
I sell on ebay; check out my auctions by clicking the link below:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/masters_of_t...id=p4340.l2562

Check out my Collection
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39696
ComicBookBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicBookBoy View Post
Close...but no cigar. i want one shaped like the trademark "ooze" canister.
EDIT: Just caught that you think the same...whoops.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #10
ComicBookBoy
Hench Mutant
 
ComicBookBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Close...but no cigar. i want one shaped like the trademark "ooze" canister.
I never thought about one being shaped like the canister from the show.
That would be pretty cool.
__________________
I sell on ebay; check out my auctions by clicking the link below:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/masters_of_t...id=p4340.l2562

Check out my Collection
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39696
ComicBookBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #11
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
I can't wait to see if playmates releases it toon accurate
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #12
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I wonder if instead of ooze it will be called Mom ?
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
I wonder if instead of ooze it will be called Mom ?
Mutating Ooze-like Mutagen?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 10-01-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #14
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I'm just saying, since Mike keeps calling it Mom..and what not.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I know, Z. It was in "jest".
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #16
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I know, Z. It was in "jest".
How appropriate.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #17
Icegaze
Hench Mutant
 
Icegaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Mutating Ozze-like Mutagen?
Mutagen Ooze Model.
__________________
Icegaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #18
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
The playset got molded green ooze on the action feature used for the not yet released ooze.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #19
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I love the color of the ooze and thought it was sweet that Mikey thought of it as Mom. I also love the texture of the ooze and how Raph tried to use it to bribe Snake into telling them what he knew.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #20
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
man I've just seen the second part for the first time and I LOVE how the episode continuesi like the look of the mutagen quite a lot actually...love the glowing neon effect in this and the kraangs laser beams(also their sound is incredible fun)
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.