The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
Space Heroes

So now that the show is out, i might as well mention the space hero's show. How do you like Leo's love for the show, any fears or hopes that came out of the last episode when you saw him watching the show? What can be done better, and most of all, how do you like the idea?

Me I personally love it. But how about you?
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
I wanna see more Space Heroes!! I hope there's an ep where Leo meets the crew or cast of the show.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I love the idea. Of course, I do love Star Trek...

But I like the idea. Leo became a leader with no pretense. He's starting from nothing, and he has this TV character (Let's just call him Captain Kirk, eh?) to look up to. And Leo imitating the character was pretty funny.

I think it adds a little something to Leo, a character kids might consider plain without a gimmick.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
As a Trekkie (not sure why Trekker is preferred...but whatevs.) I love it. Especially since the animation style is a nod to the Filmation Star Trek Animated Series. The only issue I have is it kills the chances of the so cliched "Leo meets the actor who plays Captain Ryan and is completely disappointed." Then again...it could be a chance to poke fun at voice acting:
Leo: "Captain Ryan is a 200 lb, balding man of 80?"
Don: "Gee, that be like some 50 year old has-been voicing someone like me..."
(Ok...so it's not the best joke ever, but...)
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
I was pretty amused by itand the likeness to the filmation cartoon found a grin on my face right away, too even though I personally never entered star trek so far..I loved it too, because peter and kevin might get a smile out of this sicne they are big star trek fans and that was what brought this grin above my chin when I saw it...
I think fiction wise it is a pretty funny idea and as another fellow here above stated it gives us a new entry to a side of leonardo that wasn't explored too often it at all in the past..so yeah, similar to the themes in the star trek universe this idea seems to screamff to new untouched galaxies
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMaster4 View Post
So now that the show is out, i might as well mention the space hero's show. How do you like Leo's love for the show, any fears or hopes that came out of the last episode when you saw him watching the show? What can be done better, and most of all, how do you like the idea?

Me I personally love it. But how about you?
I couldn't help but think of William Shatner, it would have been awesome to have him do the Voiceover..
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Then again...it could be a chance to poke fun at voice acting:
Leo: "Captain Ryan is a 200 lb, balding man of 80?"
Don: "Gee, that be like some 50 year old has-been voicing someone like me..."
(Ok...so it's not the best joke ever, but...)
I would absolutely love a gag like that, I love self referential humor like that.

Actually, slightly off topic, but I was just thinking earlier today for some reason, about if there was eventually an episode where somehow the Turtles end up switching bodies. It'd be a fun little gag if Donnie ended up in Raph's body, so that Paulsen would - in a way anyway, for a short while - be voicing Raphael again.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Now when you say "body swap" are we talking "the characters voices transfer, too" body swapping or Raph has Don's body in the swap.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
I personally like it because i reminds me of my self and star wars.

I do wish Space Heroes would have lazer swords though!
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Now when you say "body swap" are we talking "the characters voices transfer, too" body swapping or Raph has Don's body in the swap.
I'm thinking of it like their voices would swap too, yeah. So Paulsen doing Donnie's voice and attitude would be coming out of Raph's body, and Raph's voice and attitude would be coming out of Donnie's.

...Which I guess would put Mikey and Leo in the same situation, or they'd be the ones that didn't get swapped. Or something.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I hate Star Trek & stuff so I dislike the fact that my favorite character adores something I really don't care for. I don't think it's very in character of him to be obsessed with a science fiction program. I'd think he'd be more into the Book Of Five Rings, or at the very least old Kung Fu movies. Oh well.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
I think it's funny. When we first saw Leo saying things like "Prepare to dish out the mighty wrath of justice!" in promos, I didn't really get it or find it particularly funny. But now we know that he's lifting those quotes directly from his favourite TV show and applying them (sometimes incorrectly) to real life situations, it makes sense.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #13
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't think it's very in character of him to be obsessed with a science fiction program.
Totally agree. I don't think Leo should be that obsessed with any sort of TV show. There's nothing wrong in him liking it, but I thought it was a bit ridiculous when he was repeating the speech on the roof before attacking Snake.

Other than that, I liked the animation style in "Space Heroes", and I'd like it to remain in the show, just not like that.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I'm liking it. I like that one part where the captain slapped that one guy who was overreacting.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
The "space Heroes" show reminded me of the Filmations Star Trek series as well.Very intereting idea though I hope they don't gopt overboard on it.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #16
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
I'm thinking of it like their voices would swap too, yeah. So Paulsen doing Donnie's voice and attitude would be coming out of Raph's body, and Raph's voice and attitude would be coming out of Donnie's.

...Which I guess would put Mikey and Leo in the same situation, or they'd be the ones that didn't get swapped. Or something.
If the situation required the turtles to hide the fact they body swapped, Mikey could be the leader!
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I'm liking it. I like that one part where the captain slapped that one guy who was overreacting.
I love that part as well it was hilarious!

I love the way they animated it to look like the old Star Trek cartoon! They did a fantastic job!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
If the situation required the turtles to hide the fact they body swapped, Mikey could be the leader!
HA. Now that could prove hilarious. Hmm...this makes me imagine us having to hand-wave their poor attempts to sound like each other while around Splinter though. Or, then again, it'd probably turn out that Splinter knew and just didn't let on. He could even point out how obvious it was with the voices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I'm liking it. I like that one part where the captain slapped that one guy who was overreacting.
I loved the payoff of it later with Leo emulating it.

'...Did you just slap me?'
'I was calming you down.'
'WHY WOULD THAT CALM ME DOWN?!'
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
If the situation required the turtles to hide the fact they body swapped, Mikey could be the leader!
Any particular reason...
Spoiler:
See what I did there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
I loved the payoff of it later with Leo emulating it.

'...Did you just slap me?'
'I was calming you down.'
'WHY WOULD THAT CALM ME DOWN?!'
I never thought of that as another case of Leo emulating Captain Ryan...good eye.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 10-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I kinda like the idea of Leonardo being a sci-fi geek here. In the 4Kids series Mikey was the comic book geek of the group, so it's sort of a refreshing change of pace from what we'd normally see. I'd also love to see an episode where Leo gets to meet the actor who portrays his idol Captain Ryan!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.