The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
Praise Rob Paulsen for Donatello

Anyone catch the new preview clip for this weeks show? I am loving Rob as Donny!
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Yea, I watched that clip about a dozen times yesterday, and it still cracks me up when he calls Raph ugly!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Praise Rob Paulsen
God, f*ck no.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22 View Post
Anyone catch the new preview clip for this weeks show? I am loving Rob as Donny!
Try looking around. Everyone's seen it. There was no reason to make a thread to ask that question.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
Vegeta
Hench Mutant
 
Vegeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Try looking around. Everyone's seen it. There was no reason to make a thread to ask that question.
You'll live
__________________
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,786
I actually like his take on Don a bit better now, its actually a bit more nervous and high-pitched than his Raph voice was.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I was actually wondering how they'd handle a Nick Turtles meet FW Turtles thing like Turtles forever, and the thought of Rob playing both and seeing if in that instance the differences were more striking kind of intrigued me.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #8
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
wow what an awesome point jester!
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I was actually wondering how they'd handle a Nick Turtles meet FW Turtles thing like Turtles forever, and the thought of Rob playing both and seeing if in that instance the differences were more striking kind of intrigued me.
That would be cool
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #10
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I don't think he's "bad" as any character he does, but to me it still sounds too similar. It's going to take me a while to get used to it. I feel he has the range to try harder, and held back because he wanted to stay close to fans' expectations, or else was flat-out told to.

I don't hate it, but I suspect that's the case.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I like Rob's take on Donnie. Yeah, he does sound like Raph for the most part, but I like how he's giving Don a personality of both sarcastic and smart.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Try looking around. Everyone's seen it. There was no reason to make a thread to ask that question.
I couldn't see the clip so far...anyone got a link perhaps?the nick official link is again region locked so that won't do unfortunatelly...;(
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I'm totally loving Paulsen as Donnie. As much as I liked him as Raph in the OT, I think he fits Donnie better.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
While I still enjoy OT Raph and is clearly the most wisecracked Turtle in that series, he still provides good chemistry to the other Turtles, thanks to Nolan North's somewhat more daring voice and lacks slapstick humor that Paulsen provides. His reaction to meeting April is also very clever and witty. Ever since the animation goof in Turtle Tracks, I could see Rob Paulsen as Donatello.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #15
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I'd agree I like his voice better for Donnie than for Raphael; ever since the first movie, that's how Raph sounds in my head, the OT Raph fits the show itself but I can't hear Raph saying some of those awful puns with his "Brooklynese" accent from the movies.

That said, I've still heard Paulsen as Raphael so much that if I close my eyes and watch the new show, it sounds more and more like OT Raphael and takes me out of it a little, like I have to "remind" myself that Raph isn't the one talking. But I'm sure that'll at least lessen a bit with time; I'm positive everyone here's seen the debut ep more than I have. I been busy.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #16
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
I personally think rob does a great job on Donny, i completely forgot he was raph while i was watching the show!
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Rob's Donnie is so unexpectedly good that I was blown away right from ep. 1. I hardly even notice it was Raph's old voice...Paulsen fits Donnie quite well.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #18
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'm surprised as hell that I feel this way but yeah I've come to really appreciate Robs Donny. I like it a lot. Suits the character design.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
sakura_kenshin 487
Mouser
 
sakura_kenshin 487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 9
Admittedly, I was nervous about Rob as Donatello because I felt he should have been given back his original role as Raphael. But acting-wise, I knew Rob would do a spectacular job and now having watched three episodes, I really think Rob's voice fits well with Donnie.
sakura_kenshin 487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
Lisardo
Stone Warrior
 
Lisardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 702
Takes a little getting used to, but he does good job!
__________________
"Look I'm not gonna stop doing what's right just because it's not appreciated." -Leo

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.