The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
jacobzking
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 378
Teaser of 2014 TMNT CGI revealed to private audience! (No video inside)

Haven't seen it myself yet, but apparently there was a huge Turtle themed party put on by Nick/Viacom where they showed a brief CG clip for the new movie...

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/...turtles-400182
jacobzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Where is the clip??? I cant see a link!!! Me WANT!!! Me need the clip preview!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #3
Alex
Foot Soldier
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 233
Quote:
"The event also showed a very early brief CG-animated preview of the 2014 planned movie release Ninja Turtles from producer Michael Bay, which drew much applause."
Hopefully someone recorded it...
__________________
My collection of TMNT: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=28233

Collecting mostly TMNT comics, movies and games released in Sweden.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #4
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Veery interesting... it sounds like CGI proof of concept footage to prove the approach they want to take will work and be convincing.

i hope the turtles aren't 100% cgi, hopefully it's suits with CGI for the faces or something (like Where The Wild Things Are)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #5
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Hopefully someone recorded it...
Someone??? Who??? ..... Pleaseeeeee.....a youtube link!!!!! Pzzeee!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:50 AM   #6
kzekedaurus
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
i hope the turtles aren't 100% cgi, hopefully it's suits with CGI for the faces or something (like Where The Wild Things Are)
Yes, please! Loved the suit work in that movie.
kzekedaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #7
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
You gotta love how they mention the footage, go as far as to say that it drew applause, but don't even bother to say anything about it.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #8
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
If the movie is fully CG animated rather than a live action/CGI hybrid, I suspect that it may possibly be in continuity with the TV show since unlike the 2007 movie which was done by Warner Bros. and not 4kids Entertainment, both projects are Viacom-related, since Paramount and Nickelodeon are both Viacom companies. Plus, without any calls for a special movie cast, they may very well just be using some of the TV voice actors. But I feel that the sooner the trailer, the better since it will allow more time to draw people to watch the TV show to build momentum for the release.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #9
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
I'd really like to see this clip.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
dkram230
Stone Warrior
 
dkram230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
If the movie is fully CG animated rather than a live action/CGI hybrid, I suspect that it may possibly be in continuity with the TV show since unlike the 2007 movie which was done by Warner Bros. and not 4kids Entertainment, both projects are Viacom-related, since Paramount and Nickelodeon are both Viacom companies. Plus, without any calls for a special movie cast, they may very well just be using some of the TV voice actors. But I feel that the sooner the trailer, the better since it will allow more time to draw people to watch the TV show to build momentum for the release.
hmm... I hope that's not the case. I would rather a new movie with a separate story line independent from the series. Otherwise we'll just get a long drawn out kids cartoon episode with slightly better looking animation. I was looking forward to a PG-13 Live Action/CGI hybrid in the style of Transformers. It's something that's never been done before with TMNT and I think it would draw a much larger audience by positioning itself as a serious film series.
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #11
prophecy718
Hench Mutant
 
prophecy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkram230 View Post
hmm... I hope that's not the case. I would rather a new movie with a separate story line independent from the series. Otherwise we'll just get a long drawn out kids cartoon episode with slightly better looking animation. I was looking forward to a PG-13 Live Action/CGI hybrid in the style of Transformers. It's something that's never been done before with TMNT and I think it would draw a much larger audience by positioning itself as a serious film series.

i feel the same way
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
When they say CG clip, I don't think they mean the whole film is now animated. I'm pretty sure they're referring to animatics. It will be a live-action film, with the Turtles and other mutant characters most likely being CGI.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior
 
tmntpower1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkram230 View Post
hmm... I hope that's not the case. I would rather a new movie with a separate story line independent from the series. Otherwise we'll just get a long drawn out kids cartoon episode with slightly better looking animation. I was looking forward to a PG-13 Live Action/CGI hybrid in the style of Transformers. It's something that's never been done before with TMNT and I think it would draw a much larger audience by positioning itself as a serious film series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecy718 View Post
i feel the same way
I agree. It would be interesting to see.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
You gotta love how they mention the footage, go as far as to say that it drew applause, but don't even bother to say anything about it.
hahaha, I love your way of seeing this!Im with you, hombrehahahah
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #15
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
I love how the majority of the article is about the new show, and then they add this at the end:

Quote:
The event also showed a very early brief CG-animated preview of the 2014 planned movie release Ninja Turtles from producer Michael Bay, which drew much applause.
Like others have said, it was probably early proof-of-concept kind of stuff. Would be interesting to see it, but I doubt it was anything special.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I really want to see this teaser. Hopefully it will be uploaded online soon.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
If this movie still has anything to do with aliens, I'd rather it not come out at all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
You're also the guy with the obsession over TV Shows and the number of episodes they get.

Also I bet you'll be there day one regardless.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
You're also the guy with the obsession over TV Shows and the number of episodes they get.

Also I bet you'll be there day one regardless.
TMNT movies are very low on my list of priorities. We've only ever gotten 4 theatrical TMNT movies and only the first two are generally well received. I'd rather no new TMNT movie ever again than a bad one that destroys the franchise

And I think a theatrical movie with the Turtles being aliens would do more harm than good. I can't see the kids watching the Nick show right now either accept a movie where the Turtles are so radically different and turned to aliens.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #20
Master of the Foot Clan
Foot Soldier
 
Master of the Foot Clan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Veery interesting... it sounds like CGI proof of concept footage to prove the approach they want to take will work and be convincing.

i hope the turtles aren't 100% cgi, hopefully it's suits with CGI for the faces or something (like Where The Wild Things Are)
Exactly. That is the only way to go. Everyone knows how pissed everyone will be if we don't get the rubber suits. Where The Wild Things Are was awesome and that's how they should do it.

But what's likely to happen (IMO) is that because Michael Bay is behind it (which brings the big money for the budget), they will be able to make 100% cgi Turtles that are believable as real and everything else will be live.

We've already had hints from the director with his ROTPOTA references.

Plus it seems like they want to do some spectacular stuff with the martial arts which would be easier if you mocap guys like Jackie Chan or Ernie Reyes Jr. (Even though he was badass in the suit as Donatello - I think he would do better without the extra weight)
Master of the Foot Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live-action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.