![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 15
|
Shredder's voice
Incoming Transmission...
I'm sorry if this had been discussed at an earlier time but being new to the forums I thought I'd bring it up. Anyways the title says it all. Do you think that the Shredder has a proper voice in this series? I have to say that I enjoy Kevin Michael Richardson as a voice actor but I don't think he was quite suited to play this role. Maybe it's all those episodes of Transformers: Prime I've been watching or maybe it's just me but it seems like the kind of voice he provides is more suited to the "loveable oaf" kind of character. A big, tries to be mean but you know won't succeed or will trip over his own feet kind of guy. It would at least be nice to get some kind of editing to make it sound like he's actually speaking from behind his mask like we got in the 2003 series. What do you guys think? Is Kevin Michael Richardson suited for the role? Will the Shredder character in Nick's cartoon prove himself to be so lethal that the voice will be of little consequence? Or will no one take him seriously? Before I end this message I'd just also like to point out that I despise the way they've handled the speaking voices of the Kraang. I'm not sure if they were trying to come off as humorous or if they wanted the make the aliens sound like they were inexperienced in Earth's languages but either way it just comes off as annoying to me. End Transmission. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
I love KMR's take on Shredder so far. We haven't seen much of the character, but I have no problem with it. His look alone is creepy enough with him being burnt and wanting revenge for that. I hope that this Shredder will be more lethal. For now, he has a better motive for revenge than 2K3 Shredder ever did. His motive for revenge against the Turtles was just because Leo didn't join the Foot. This Shredder's motive for revenge is the love of Teng Shen and how he was burned in the fire. I think we'll have to wait until we see him more to really judge whether he'll be a serious threat. I'm glad they're taking their time with bringing Shredder in though. It gives him a good build up.
As for the Kraang, I put it down to both humor and the fact that they're aliens. I don't find it too annoying myself. I find it funny, but that's just me.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,114
|
I hated 2K3 Shredder.. his voice, the echo, and the fact that he wasnt human. He alone made me stuggle to like the show.
As far as animated Shredders go this one seems to be the most menacing and KMR's voice is one reason for me.
__________________
![]() Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please! Check out my collection! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766 |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
|
Quote:
I'd probably be more simpatico regarding Kevin Michael Richardson's Shredder if the voice actor weren't absolutely everywhere and playing the same sort of characters. While I appreciate casting against type, I'm still not sold on it.
__________________
Monsters of New York, my TMNT/Gargoyles Blog Avatar artwork by Madseason. Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka. Last edited by The Big Bad; 10-28-2012 at 09:55 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
Quote:
My least fave character of his has to be The Batman's Joker. I love KMR and all but he's definatly no Mark Hamil.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
|
Scottie Ray had the best Shredder voice. Everytime he spoke in the 4kids series it gave you chills.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
The Catalina Wine Mixer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
|
Scottie Rays is easily the best but I really wanna see more of KMR's.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
|
I like this shredder. He looks and sounds more menacing. As for the Krang... well at least I can sorta understand what they're saying.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
|
Hoepfully this will shut up fans of the past that there couldn't be such a thing as a bad-ass human Shredder. Everytime someone complained about Shredder being an Utrom and that he should be human... someone would complain and make it sound like you couldn't possibly have a human Shredder without making him like the Uncle Phil version. Hopefully this human Shredder will put all that to rest.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
Quote:
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|