The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
IcyKali
Thug
 
IcyKali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 73
Has anybody thought of doing TMNT MSTs?

Hey guys,

Recently I've been working on a MST of a Lord of the Rings fanfiction, and just now the idea occurred to me: there are so many horrible TMNT fanfics, why hasn't anyone here done a MST?

If you don't know what a MST is, TvTropes gives a good explanation:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MST

Just a thought.
IcyKali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
Can't speak for anyone else, but as a fanfic writer myself, I'd rather be spending my writing time working on my own stories and honing my skill than making fun of someone else.
__________________
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior
 
Blossombrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 'hero' turtle land
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
Can't speak for anyone else, but as a fanfic writer myself, I'd rather be spending my writing time working on my own stories and honing my skill than making fun of someone else.
Amen!! My thoughts exactly.
__________________
There's too much green to feel blue!
http://blossombrooks.deviantart.com/
Blossombrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I think there is enough bad TMNT fanfics to specialize in TMNT fanfic riffing.

Internet reviewer Bennett the Sage did a TMNT/Gargoyles fanfic in his Fanfic Theatre show
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
I remember when MSTs were all the rage about ten years ago, then FF.Net banned them (along with Lemon Fics) and they sort of went niche afterwards. I think as time has gone on, people have simply become more concerned with writing original work and/por helping out those who have written bad fanfics in the past, encouraging them to improve, proof-reading their work, correcting errors, trying to get them to refocus etc. MSTS were for a more cruel, critical and immature time for aspiring writers.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
NiNi
Hench Mutant
 
NiNi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 369
Oh I remember MSTs to fanfiction. I used to read them quite a bit. I've not seen one for TMNT though. Maybe it's because it's because MST for fanfiction isn't as big of a thing anymore. Not sure. Or possibly it's because the fact that making commentary over video related things might be a bit more effective than text.

I'm only guessing about the reasoning though. ^^;

I can't say I've done it myself. The only thing I've done that's closely to MSTing was actually when my friends and I were watching the first and second TMNT movie and some of the 2003 series.
__________________
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.