The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
So how do you feel about the anime expressions in the show so far?

I think they're using them in just the right amount. I felt Teen Titans overused them at times to the point where it got silly, but this show seems to know when to use them per episode and when not to.

I think my favorite was the Raph chibi anger scene in the Spiderbites episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I really like it , it's quite fun and cute. I don't think it has been over used so far.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Not as intrusive as I thought...s'alright.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
i like it. at first i thought it would be gimmicky, but it suits the tone of the show.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Actually like them a lot more than I thought I would. Like everyone else has said they've managed to find the right balance with them so they're not over doing it and they suit the tone of the show.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Only say... 1 in 10 felt forced. The rest contribute greatly to the series, I think. Granted, I'm an anime fan, so I love overly expressive reactions.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #7
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
I really like it , it's quite fun and cute. I don't think it has been over used so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Not as intrusive as I thought...s'alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Actually like them a lot more than I thought I would. Like everyone else has said they've managed to find the right balance with them so they're not over doing it and they suit the tone of the show.
Like all they said!!!! Im agree!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
It's funny, at first I thought I would hate it. I don't even notice them now. Almost seems like it's barely even used.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I've been liking it alot.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
mixed feelings, sometimes I don't notice them, sometimes they fit in just right, and then some feel ridiculous
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
kzekedaurus
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 67
I've never had a high opinion of those expressions, but it's not used often enough to bother me. It's actually nice to see it sometimes, because like some of the other visual effects it's traditionally animated.
kzekedaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
It's been done pretty well for the most part so far, it took some getting used to, but already it's not pulling me out of the episode like I thought it would. But then again, I am an anime fan, so...yeah.

I'm having a bigger problem with some of the comic backdrops that come out of nowhere during impact scenes sometimes, honestly.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
I still find them jarring, but they're not bother enough to keep me from watching and enjoying the show.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
To be honest I find the Kraangs' repetative broken english more monotonous than the anime style outtakes.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #15
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I like the expressions just fine and feel that they suit the show nicely. They aren't overused at all. Two thumbs up from me.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
bree23
Random Punk
 
bree23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 17
I think it's pretty cute lol. They fit pretty well imo this wasnt very anime, but the scene where they tasted the pizza pockets and their eyes fell out always makes me crack up lol
__________________
bree23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #17
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Yeah, like others have said, I've really enjoyed it. My initial fears were that it was going to be obnoxious like Teen Titans, but so far it's complemented the style very well.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Agree with everyone above and the anime touches make a nice spice to the animation of the show, since a show that includes Far East lore would enhance the effects, plus of course they represent critical moments in any scene/battle.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #19
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
I can take them or leave them either way. Sometimes they're spot out and give me a really good laugh, and other times they make me cringe and roll my eyes. So it pretty much evens out. I suppose if I had to choose I'd leave them out as they may give the show just a bit too much of a childish feel when I have hopes for the series to grow a bit more mature as it progresses, but hey, it is a kids show after all so I'm not going to get my bloomers in a bunch about it.
__________________
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
Heather Breckel
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Heather Breckel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 308
I think they're cute and I'm glad they're not overused. I love anime but I hate when people use the generic anime expressions too much.
Heather Breckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.