The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
TMNT receives some Annie nominations

Directing in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
Howie Parkins ‘Jake and The Never Land Pirates: Peter Pan Returns!’ – Disney TV Animation
John Eng ‘Dragons: Riders of Berk: Animal House’ – DreamWorks Animation
Mark Cabalero, Seamus Walsh ‘SpongeBob SquarePants: It’s a Spongebob Christmas’’ – Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Mic Graves ‘The Amazing World of Gumball: The Job’ – Turner Broadcasting System Europe Ltd.
Michael Chang ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Never Say Xever’ - Nickelodeon Animation Studio
Zack Keller ‘Dick Figures: Kung Fu Winners’ – 6 Point Media

Storyboarding in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
Andy Kelly ‘Doc McStuffins: Righty-On-Lefty’ – Disney TV Animation
Cole Sanchez, Rebecca Sugar ‘Adventure Time: Lady & Peebles’ – Cartoon Network Studios
Doug Lovelace ‘Dragons: Riders of Berk: Portrait of Hiccup as a Buff Man’ – DreamWorks Animation
Holly Forsyth ‘Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess’ – Disney TV Animation
Irineo Marramba, Ciro Nieli ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman’’ – Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Robert Valley, Kalvin Lee ‘Tron: Uprising: The Reward’ – Disney TV Animation
Ryan Kramer, Paul Linsley, Kenji Ono, Le Tang, Alice Herring, Mike Mullen, Aaron Hammersley ‘Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness: Enter the Dragon’ – Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Tom Herpich, Skyler Page ‘Adventure Time: Goliad’ – Cartoon Network Studios

Voice Acting in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
James Patrick Stuart as Private ‘Penguins of Madagascar: High Moltage’ – Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Jeff Bennett as Keswick ‘T.U.F.F.
Puppy: Pup Daddy’ – Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Jessica Walter as Malory Archer ‘Archer: Lo Scandolo’ – Weissman Markovitz Communications for FX Network
Kevin Michael Richardson as Willem Viceroy ‘Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja: Gossip Boy’ – Disney TV Animation
Kristen Schaal as Mabel Pines ‘Gravity Falls: Tourist Trapped’ – Disney TV Animation
Mae Whitman as April O'Neil – ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rise of the Turtles’ – Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Sam Witwer as Darth Maul ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Revenge’ – Lucasfilm Animation Ltd.
Tom McGrath as Skipper ‘Penguins of Madagascar: The Otter Woman’ – Nickelodeon Animation Studios

Full list here:
http://www.thewrap.com/awards/column...67521?page=0,0
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Great to hear, HerpDerp!

My guess is that "Never Say Xever" for directing will win and "I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman" will win for Storyboarding. Either that, or it's Riders of Berk. Still, I'm counting on Stockman.

However, I don't see Whitman winning for April. Tom McGrath as Skipper is definitely one to bank on. His voice is iconic to the character. Now, if we were to have Jason Biggs as Leo or Rob Paulsen as Don, then I would vote for either one of them.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,210
Cool. I'm surprised to see that The Gauntlet didn't get a nod for directing though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
I honestly don't think it can win any of those awards! Maybe Directing for Never say Xever but knowing them, Spongebob Squarepants will probably win everything.

Oh and The Legend of Korra got SNUBBED!
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
Korra got two nominations in other categories (check the link I posted for the full list).

Here's another link, which is easier to read (it's all on one page):
http://m.deadline.com/2012/12/2012-a...d-nominations/
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
That's awesome that Turtles is getting a nod. I've never heard of an Annie before, but I expect it's similar to the Emmys, right? I hope they win in their categories, but even if they don't, at least they got a nomination and that's something.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
That's awesome that Turtles is getting a nod. I've never heard of an Annie before, but I expect it's similar to the Emmys, right? I hope they win in their categories, but even if they don't, at least they got a nomination and that's something.
Not as big as Emmys, but they're the major awards for animation - "animation's highest honor".
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Great news! I hope they can win at least one.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Congrats to this show ! I love it! it has way surpassed my expectations.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
That is awesome!
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I honestly don't think it can win any of those awards! Maybe Directing for Never say Xever but knowing them, Spongebob Squarepants will probably win everything.

Oh and The Legend of Korra got SNUBBED!
Get off spongebobs dick.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite
 
Lethal Lullaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
This is some wonderful news.
Lethal Lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
good news! and congrats to the nick crew!
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
That's pretty interesting.

Though I doubt any of the episodes will end up winning anything, it's nice that the show is being recognized so early in its run.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Cool. I'm surprised to see that The Gauntlet didn't get a nod for directing though.
From what I understand, individual episodes are submitted for consideration. That way the organization doesn't have to analyze every episode of every show. I guess for whatever reason, they decided not to submit The Gauntlet, though that is definitely one of the better episodes so far!
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #16
Heather Breckel
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Heather Breckel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 308
It's up against some pretty tough competition! That episode of Adventure Time was a great one.
Heather Breckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Sweet! Hopefully TMNT can win some awards here, though even just being nominated when they haven't even finished season one yet says a lot for how well it's being received I'd think.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #18
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I wish this awards show was aired. I'd love to see it.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Get off Spongebob's porous dick.
fixed

Anyway Good job to the TMNT production team on these animations. Hope it gets at least one of these awards.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #20
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
If one of the three win, I'll be pleased since the straight odds of winning are approximately 39%, so even if there isn't a win it won't be the end of the world, but kudos to Nickelodeon/Nielli/Whitman/Chang. I really love the storyboarding in this series since episode plots are well thought out and lead to great scenes, and is the one I hope wins. Ciero Nielli could have been nominated for any episode, but Never Say Xever is a good choice. Mae Whitman as April is a nice surprised since many still feel that Veronica Taylor's April is superior and never got nominated for such an award. But this honor is quite an accomplishment given that the 4kids series never got nominated for anything.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.