The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
Dante Basoc as Casey Jones and a question about General Traag

I apologize for being late to the party, but I stumbled upon the The 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Wikia page to see if any knew characters will be added to the show, I don't of any other source, and yes I'm a fully aware that you can't believe anything on Wikia or the next for that matter the net. Butt when I clicked on Casey Jones to see if they found a voice actor, it says Dante Basoc will be voicing him.

http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Casey_Jones

I don't know if this is confirmed or not and I don't see anything on his IMDB page, so I just wanted to know if this was true or not. I rather know for sure, before I post something that isn't true. Plus I don't have a Twitter account, so I wouldn't know if he posted it on his Twitter. Bear with me guys.

Also I have a question about General Traag's new incarnation on the show. It says that General Traag will be able to vomit lava on people:

http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Traag

http://io9.com/5925755/new-tmnt-anim...me-old-turtles

I understand this is a kid's show, but exactly are they going to show him vomit lava on people ?
Kevin G is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,809
Most likely the lava won't hit anyone.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
There's really no confirmation with Casey's voice actor. Just that he's in season 2 and he'd be 18 years old.

As for Traag, he'd probably vomit on the kraang droids and vehicles, but not people.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
Hm, no way of telling if that's true but I'm not a fan of the choice if it is.

I'd really like to hear Josh Keaton's take on CJ.


EDIT:
Here's Basco's speaking voice, if you'd like to hear it.


Last edited by ToTheNines; 12-05-2012 at 04:05 PM.
ToTheNines is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Sounds like Basco will make a good Casey.

The idea of squirting lava seems to borrow a page from fire Pokemon, but a supersized Traag will prove that he will be very difficult that will likely force the Turtles to use a special vehicle. Its almost becoming a bit Power Rangers-esque with these large villains.

I also noticed the Traag article mentions the Turtles being only 5 ft, despite having some noticeable height differences (Mikey vs. Don). I presume that could mean that Mikey is only around 4' 10" with Don around 5'2, with Leo and Raph around 5'. That would mean that April is only around 5' in this series.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 12-06-2012 at 07:26 AM.
pannoni1 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,809
I find it interesting that they just mention Traag himself but no Rock Soldiers. There's no reason to keep the "General" part of his name if he doesn't lead an army though.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
Dante Brasco was brilliant as Zuko - who is probably one of the best characters in recent history. And I know some of us are thinking it: Zutara forever (had to put it out there, sorry).
Vivi is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Dante Brasco was brilliant as Zuko - who is probably one of the best characters in recent history. And I know some of us are thinking it: Zutara forever (had to put it out there, sorry).
Before Zutara, wasn't there Jake Long x Huntsgirl?
AnarkyLantern is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
I wonder how many times/ways we can misspell Dante's last name in one thread...
ToTheNines is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I wonder how many times/ways we can misspell Dante's last name in one thread...
*Basilisko
Vivi is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
Ninjawolf
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 96
I say Dante (his last name is spelled Bosco btw) would be an amazing Casey... maybe a little mix of Jake and Zuko? Casey has ALWAYS been a hothead and he is a punk from NYC... but yeah I've looked around myself part of the reason why I came here was to check if he really was supossed to voice Casey... you'd think they would have taken it down seeing as there is no proof -shrug-
Ninjawolf is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #12
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Zutara's overrated. I don't get the appeal actually.

Quote:
I came here was to check if he really was supossed to voice Casey... you'd think they would have taken it down seeing as there is no proof -shrug-
Well, its a wiki and before the other three Turtles were given official voices people'd put their speculating VAs in their profiles.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Despite being Asian, he sounds like Basco will make a good Casey.
dude. you're on a roll tonight!
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Despite being Asian, he sounds like Basco will make a good Casey.
Maybe you could just, I dunno, leave forever.
Powder is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
RUFIO!!! RUFIO!!!

Nah, not a huge fan of him as Casey.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #16
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
RUFIO!!! RUFIO!!!

Nah, not a huge fan of him as Casey.
a vision of Rufio wearing a Casey mask just gave me nerdy tingles.
funatic is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 AM   #17
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
wait a minute, was he really the actor who played rufio on hook??he sure looks like him, but that didn't even cross my mind!!kooool...

as for general traaf:
if he had stone soldiers than I guess he couuld easily be shown to be a mean machine by punishing some out of line soldiers by disabling them with his lava vomit attacks...I always noticed with cartoons on the air that it aint about being too cruel and depicting horrible stuff, but it is about showing that TOWARDS human beings that they ll always try to avoid...so the rock slodier punishment thing could be in the picture if you ask me

another thing:why hasnt anybody mentioned spyiderbytes when it comes to fighting with vomit lava?he sure spit it at the green dudes in turtle temper...
marcelangelo is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #18
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
wait a minute, was he really the actor who played rufio on hook??he sure looks like him, but that didn't even cross my mind!!kooool...
Yep...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #19
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
An image from the tie-in comic on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles official website.

I don't know, call me crazy but when I saw this, I got a little Joker (from the Noaln films) vibe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_mcvn75Ql6c1qlyzrro1_500.jpg (19.9 KB, 26 views)
Kevin G is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #20
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
I'm not going to believe this unless it is confirmed. I'm not a Dante Basco fan, so I'm not sure if he can do a good Casey Jones. Besides, I'm not sure if he can pull it off Casey is supposed to be 18 by season 2. I'll bargain for Corey Feldman for this role.

Besides, whenever I hear Basco, I think about the annoying Jake Long who seemed like a ridiculous character to become a dragon. I did like him as Zuko. However, I feel that he can't change his voice. He has not even made his voice in a lower register in the cartoons I've seen.
Bauer536 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.