The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Various things about the villains you wish were expanded upon

Some things I've been thinking about:

- What does Shredder actually do on the business side of things? In the 4kids series we watched Saki become a spokesperson for NYC, work with the Mayor, and ran underground dealings.

The Nick Shredder just seems to sit in his evil throne room all day. I hope we get to see more of, "Oroku Saki" without his armor on doing day to day dealings.

- The Purple Dragons seem to consist of only 3 people now that Xever is gone. They're not much of a gang at this point, I really hope to see them expand. I understand they don't want to create too many character models, but seeing these same 3 guys get beaten over and over is going to get tiring.

- Was Snake the only human to work for The Kraang?

- Where does Baxter Stockman get the technology to build the Mousers from? He got fired from the TCRI building, but what exactly did he get out of them?

- Chris Bradford was famous, does nobody notice he's missing? Will Dogpound ever show regret that he can't go back to his normal human life?


Just things I hope they address in time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
2k3's Saki sat in his 'evil throne room' for a while at first too, man. Give it time.

I'm sure most if not all of your questions and concerns will be addressed.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #3
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
Yeah, this stuff will undoubtedly be expanded upon. I'm most interested in the motivations of the Kraang at this point, and how it will link to Shredder.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
2k3's Saki sat in his 'evil throne room' for a while at first too, man. Give it time.

I'm sure most if not all of your questions and concerns will be addressed.
Yeeees... but I feel there's substantial differences in execution that shouldn't be ignored. In 2k3, every successive episode would give us additional information or would progress the storyline in some way.
1. "Things Change": Shredder first hears about the turtles. Functionally identical to the scene in Rise of the Turtles.

2. "A Better Mousetrap" / "Attack of the Mousers": We learn of the Shredder's connections to Stocktronics; Saki gets photographic evidence of the turtles' existence.

3. "Darkness at the Edge of Town": We're given hints of the Shredder's overall plans; in the end, he decides that something has to be done about the turtles. We are first told of the Shredder's "enemies".

4. "The Way of Invisibility": The Shredder sets out to determine whether the turtles are connected to his enemies; by the end of the episode, he determines that they aren't, which means it may be possible to turn them over to his side.

5. "The Shredder Strikes": The Shredder makes his offer; we get a (false) description of his enemies; the turtles fight the Shredder for the first time.
In the Nick cartoon, the Shredder plotline is basically in the same place it's been since "New Friends, Old Enemies": the Shredder still wants to eliminate Hamato Yoshi for reasons that have not been elaborated upon since then. Despite his efforts, he is no closer to achieving his goal, and we've yet to learn anything substantial about the character. While how one feels about either toon's execution is a matter of personal opinion, I don't think that one can argue that they're similar in anything but the most superficial of ways.

In any case, to answer the question, I too, would like to know more about the Shredder.
__________________
Monsters of New York, my TMNT/Gargoyles Blog


Avatar artwork by Madseason.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
- What does Shredder actually do on the business side of things? In the 4kids series we watched Saki become a spokesperson for NYC, work with the Mayor, and ran underground dealings.

The Nick Shredder just seems to sit in his evil throne room all day. I hope we get to see more of, "Oroku Saki" without his armor on doing day to day dealings.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't do anything "on the business side of things". It seems to me that the Foot Clan makes its money through assassination contracts, strong-arming/protecting other gangs, and burglary.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm pretty sure he doesn't do anything "on the business side of things". It seems to me that the Foot Clan makes its money through assassination contracts, strong-arming/protecting other gangs, and burglary.
yep. and this is, of course, simply speculation, but i wonder if "Oruku Saki" isn't around as much as The Shredder because of the scarring on his face.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Imagine the excitement from children when they tune in to see an episode where Shredder MAKES BUSINESS DEALS! OooOOOoooOooh Buddy. I can barely contain myself.

What do you think he has for breakfast? Toast? If so, how toasted does he like it? These are all questions that must be answered.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Imagine the excitement from children when they tune in to see an episode where Shredder MAKES BUSINESS DEALS! OooOOOoooOooh Buddy. I can barely contain myself.
After Shredder starts using robotic ninjas, the real ninjas will be sent to the accounting department to "ninja" his assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
What do you think he has for breakfast? Toast? If so, how toasted does he like it? These are all questions that must be answered.
He had shredded wheat, duh.
__________________
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm pretty sure he doesn't do anything "on the business side of things". It seems to me that the Foot Clan makes its money through assassination contracts, strong-arming/protecting other gangs, and burglary.
But what does he actually do in his time off? He doesn't just sit in his evil throne room with his armor on 24/7, does he?

It worked in the original cartoon because Shredder was hilarious and lived in the Technodrome. He had nothing better to do in that show but scold Bebop/Rocksteady and work with Krang to come up with new schemes to repower the Technodrome.

However this Shredder is very serious, so its much different.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But what does he actually do in his time off? He doesn't just sit in his evil throne room with his armor on 24/7, does he?
If I looked that badass I totally would
maybe he is like Darth Vader and just sits in his little meditation chamber becoming one with the "Force"
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
I do agree about the Bradford thing though. You can't act like he's some sort of celebrity... and then act like noone's gonna care that he's suddenly missing. A random news report of people saying 'the media is still confused as to what happened to Chris Bradford' before Leo changes it to Space Heroes would have been enough.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Imagine the excitement from children when they tune in to see an episode where Shredder MAKES BUSINESS DEALS! OooOOOoooOooh Buddy. I can barely contain myself.
You don't a whole episode. Just a scene or two of Shredder meeting with some shady "clients".
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #13
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
maybe he's not a businessman in this series...
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Maybe the Kraangs work for the Krang?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Maybe the Kraangs work for the Krang?
Ever since the show began I've been praying for this to be true.

God I hope we see Krang show up either at the end of Season 1 or the beginning of Season 2.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
all yall people who want the ot stuff SOOO BAAAAD...why not just watch the ot?
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
all yall people who want the ot stuff SOOO BAAAAD...why not just watch the ot?
Since when was it an, "OT stuff?"

Characters are not exclusive to one series. They're TMNT characters, plain and simple.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
I just assumed Shredder and the Foot Clan were a super secretive terrorist like organization.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
Some of this I feel is inevitable, but I'll list them anyways...

-More of Splinter and Shredder's past. Especially some info on their army days.

-Explanation of whatever the Kraang have been trying to do all these years.

-Some sort of Kraang hierarchy, or at least introduce a leader Kraang. Give him a special robo-suit and some scars.

-Bradford reflecting on his past life, missing the freedoms of being human.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
That and I'm sure he doesn't go out as Oroku Saki as much because of his HIDEOUS FACIAL SCARS!!! The mask is a bit more functional in the Nick TMNT universe. Shredder makes his money as a ninja clan leader...plain and simple.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, shredder


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.