The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
The Leatherhead Thread

This is a thread for discussions involving all versions of Leatherhead in the turtles franchise.

-Which LH is your favorite?

-What are some of your favorite LH episodes/comic issues?

-Which is your favorite LH origin?

-Who is your favorite LH voice actor?

-Which character design is your favorite?

These are just a few of the discussion topics, feel free to discuss anything about LH you'd like!


My favorite portrayal of Leatherhead so far has been the Nick series Leatherhead. Peter Lurie is my favorite LH VA, but I think Frederick Owens and Jim Cummings both did a fantastic job portraying the character.

Last edited by LH; 06-03-2013 at 10:15 AM.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
My favorite is the 1987 cartoon Leatherhead, I like his southern accent.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
-Which LH is your favorite?
2012 series

-What are some of your favorite LH episodes/comic issues?
Tales of the TMNT Vol. 1 #6
Leatherhead, Terror of the Swamp
Leatherhead Meets the Rat King
What a Croc!
It Came From the Depths

-Which is your favorite LH origin?
Mirage comics

-Who is your favorite LH voice actor?
Jim Cummings

-Which character design is your favorite?
2012 series

My original: What is your favorite action figure?
-1989 Playmates figure
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Looking back at the 2003 series, it's really cool to spot the similarities between the 2012 Leatherhead and the 2003 one.

For example:

*Both have a similar speech patterns(using the term "my friend")
*Both have a fear of becoming a monster(and hurting their friends)
*Both are very intelligent(2012 LH designed all those crazy traps)
*Both have "rage eyes"(interestingly, in 2003 LH's first appearance his pupils changed, later on he gained the second lid)
*Both have an origin as a flushed pet.
*Both have a background of being tortured
*Both share a general appearance(bandages on arms and legs)
*Both have been knocked out via electric shock
*Both have lived in a subway

Last edited by LH; 01-20-2013 at 04:21 PM.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 AM   #5
Vegeta
Hench Mutant
 
Vegeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 398
Leatherhead in the nick toon was so good that I have a new found respect for the character.
__________________
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,426
Mirage Leatherhead for me, but I do have a fondness for the Jess Harley/Archie version as well.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #7
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Nick LH is starting off strong, they left quite a cliffhanger for him but I need to see more of him in action before I can say for sure if he's my favorite.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
shreddinghead
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The ot episodes with leatherhead and rat king are epic!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
Lulu
Mouser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Even though I'm more of an OT fan, I love the 2003 Leatherhead the best, though the 2012 one may end up passing him (depending on how much he's used).

The Jim Cummings voice is my favorite "I guarantee"
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
Well, I don't have much knowledge of Leatherhead outside of his 2k3 and 2k12 versions, but I know I prefer them to his OT depiction as I definitely love him as a friend rather than an enemy. That being said, their two depictions right now are so very similar that I can't really choose one over the other, especially since Nick's Leatherhead only has one episode going for him at the moment and there's no saying how he may change or act in the future.

So for now I'll have to go with 2k3's Leatherhead. He was one of my favorite characters on the spot so I was SUPER excited to see that Nick took such a strong influence from him with their own portrayal of him. One aspect of him in that version I also liked best was how good a friendship he had with Don, since even as adorable as his interactions are with Mikey on the Nick show, I love having Leatherhead as a second genius that Don can actually talk to, cause let's face it, Mikey's friends with everybody anyway
__________________
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
LH is cool.
I really like his OT outings. His team up with Rat King is very good, creating some great dialogues.
The 2003 series had a stronger characterization which was fine, but he lost his comic appeal.
He looks great in 2012.

I only have the original action figure, and although it's the smallest of the classic figures, it's oe of my favorites.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
the Nick Letherhead is cool, but I've always preferred the Jess Harley Archie one, adding in the OT 'cajun' elements due to my love of Acadian culture.

My favorite comic story? Leatherhead's first appearance in archie.

Favorite episode? Leatherhead meets the rat king.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Me thinks a lotta folks like it when the Leatherhead the meets the rat king.

OK, that didn't quite read back the way it sounded in my head !
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #14
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
-2012. With '87 Leatherhead and 2k3 LH both in a close second.
- I'm trying to watch through the whole 2k3 series and I'm only on S1E4 so I haven't seen to much Leatherhead yet. As with the OT I saw some clips with him in it but no actual episodes. And I haven't read the comics so...yeah my LH knowledge is kind of limited at the moment.
-2k3 origin probably.
-Jim Cummings, definitely. Just love that classic Cajun accent, though Peter Lurie is doing exceptional as LH.
-Man I can't pick between 2k3 Leatherhead's design and 2k12 Leatherhead's design...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #15
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
although it's the smallest of the classic figures, it's oe of my favorites.
I guess small action figures run in the family..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
the Nick Letherhead is cool, but I've always preferred the Jess Harley Archie one, adding in the OT 'cajun' elements due to my love of Acadian culture.
Go Mutanimals!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAndDonnie View Post
-Jim Cummings, definitely. Just love that classic Cajun accent, though Peter Lurie is doing exceptional as LH.
-Man I can't pick between 2k3 Leatherhead's design and 2k12 Leatherhead's design...
Yeah, Jim Cummings is a legend and Peter Lurie is beyond amazing!

The 2003 and 2012 design's are somewhat similiar, yet both very unique.. I think they're both awesome, though I prefer 2012.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
The only Leatherhead I didn't like was the Archie incarnation. Why they decided to make Leatherhead a human before mutation is beyond me, Leatherhead should always be a normal gator before being a mutant.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #17
Nameless
Mad Scientist
 
Nameless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,042
old Ot Leatherhead, by gumbo, is the best, I guarantee.
__________________
"Close. But close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.... Knew i should have brought those grenades."

My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #18
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Everything about 2012 Leatherhead is my favorite about the character. Oh and this is pretty cool:

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...T/Leatherhead/
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Straight tie between 4Kids and the Fred-Wolf cartoon, who are so different it's almost hard to consider them the same character.

The 4Kids version ended up being a more fully realized (and more importantly, more present) version of the Mirage character.

The Fred Wolf version is just a classic, charismatic TMNT rogue. I'd love to see make a comeback sometime soon. IDW's been heavy on the Fred Wolf elements recently, but Leatherhead was one of its better ones. Wouldn't mind seeing him show up as a villain in the book.

Never was big on the Jess Harley version, for whatever reason. Likely because most of Murphy's characters on that book ended up sounding a little same-y, and its version of Leatherhead never really stood out.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #20
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Love the big guy.

He's the Hagrid of TMNT. Big, strong, ferocious but has a soft kind heart.

Well, he's a villain in OT but still loveable ("I Gawrantee!!").
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.