The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
gzilla46
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!
Posts: 91
Are the Turtles still aliens?

I wasn't really following progress of this movie. I was more focused on the Godzilla reboot. How's the TMNT movie doing? The Turtles aren't aliens anymore, are they?
gzilla46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I honestly don't think they were ever aliens. I'm pretty sure Michael Bay meant they came from an alien race in the fact that the ooze that mutated them came from an alien race.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I honestly don't think they were ever aliens. I'm pretty sure Michael Bay meant they came from an alien race in the fact that the ooze that mutated them came from an alien race.
The actual script that was trashed had them as aliens. Also had Shredder as an alien but instead of an Utrom he was like a humanoid alien with spikes or something.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Some are saying that script was entirely fabricated to make Michael Bay and his production team look bad.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I've only read an overview of the old script. We don't know how much has changed... hopefully it has changed substantially.

Turtles mutated by an alien substance... good
Turtles physically originating from a planet that is not our earth... NOT good!

I'm fine with some changes being made... every time a new turtle show or movie or comic relaunch comes out, things change. but there are some things that should be constants. The TMNT *are* turtles from our planet that came into contact with a mutagen ooze that was created by or in consort with aliens! Please don't change it. The fact that the turtles are FROM earth is what makes them 'our' heroes and relatable. If they are from another planet it changes them totally.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I can’t imagine it would have changed substantially for the simple reason that we didn’t hear of any new writers coming on board. Michael Bay is a liar. Any Transformers fans who have been following his posts since 2005 will testify to that. I have no doubt that the leaked script was written by the Mission Impossible writers. I’m pretty sure some changes would have been made, as that script did appear to be a very early draft. Scripts are constantly changing. However, I really don’ t think any changes would be so big as to eject the alien angle. That plot point was a pretty integral component to the film. Getting rid of it would pretty much mean starting from scratch, which they certainly didn’t do because, as I said, no new writer(s) came on board once the film was delayed. I still think the delay was to get the budget down more than the studio thinking the script had problems.

Basically, I will be very surprised if the Turtles aren’t aliens in the finished film.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post

Turtles mutated by an alien substance... good
Turtles physically originating from a planet that is not our earth... NOT good!
Of course. That doctrine is among the most basical elements of any TMNT universe (I always wished "Secret of the Ooze" actually went that way, with Jordan Perry as a friend of the Utroms).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:02 AM   #8
Longview01
Foot Soldier
 
Longview01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Some are saying that script was entirely fabricated to make Michael Bay and his production team look bad.
But they do such a good job themselves...why bother
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #9
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
If they are aliens, Bay and the team will get what's coming for them.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:40 AM   #10
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Some are saying that script was entirely fabricated to make Michael Bay and his production team look bad.
I think so, too. It had a couple of good things about it, but overall I can't believe a hollywood writer could pass that **** off and expect a paycheck.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I don't even understand why they made Casey the main character. Its as if they thought the Turtles themselves weren't relateable to the audience so they made Casey the main lead as a normal young adult hero.

And what they did with Shredder was awful.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #12
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Of course. That doctrine is among the most basical elements of any TMNT universe (I always wished "Secret of the Ooze" actually went that way, with Jordan Perry as a friend of the Utroms).
pretty sure Perry was meant to be an Utrom. But it was scrapped due to cost, and the mis-connection to Krang
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #13
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
pretty sure Perry was meant to be an Utrom. But it was scrapped due to cost, and the mis-connection to Krang
Jordan Perry was probably misstaken with Baxter Stockman. But could you acutally do that in a live-action movie in 1991 (so that it was an Utrom)?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Animatronics, just like the moving turtle heads. If I remember correctly it was meant to be a revelation at the end of the movie, so no utrom through out the whole film
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
I haven't read it but how was Shredder handle? And the Turtles actually came from a planet of Turtles or animals in general?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Some are saying that script was entirely fabricated to make Michael Bay and his production team look bad.
Bay said the script was shredded, and written before he came on board, if it was fake why didn't he just say so like he did with the Transformers 4 script?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Bay said the script was shredded, and written before he came on board
That's a lie. The script is written by Appelbaum and Nemec, and dated January. Those guys came on after Platinum Dunes came on to do the movie a couple years ago.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Yes but here's his official response
Quote:
To end this stupid merry go round and explain the math...Yes we signed on two years ago to Turtles, but with no deal in place. Deal completed towards end of last year. And yes, thats how long deals sometimes take. So no work was done on the script. Blame Paramount, not us for the first draft.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't even understand why they made Casey the main character. Its as if they thought the Turtles themselves weren't relateable to the audience so they made Casey the main lead as a normal young adult hero.

And what they did with Shredder was awful.
whats strange is thats what they did with Transformers, so I would not doubt anythine coming out of hollywood
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
I haven't read it but how was Shredder handle? And the Turtles actually came from a planet of Turtles or animals in general?
Shredder was probably the most disappointing aspect of the script. I have no problem with changing the character, but, essentially, it's not really the same character. He's an alien/inter-dimensional being that poses as a human colonel, infiltrating the army with his own faction. He changes form and has a spiky body, if I remember right. His name was Col. Schrader.

If I remember right, it was less of an alien planet or more of an alternate dimension, rifting over into our world. Essentially, imagine if the Turtles themselves were born in Dimension X. Krang is a dictator and if I recall he wants to cross over into our world and dominate it. There are turtle people, and apparently, since Splinter knew their parents, rat people. This is all fine and dandy, except there is some lame prophecy crap.

But this irrelevant because everything has most likely changed, re-tooled, or fleshed out, since this was an early draft. Early drafts are often godawful.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live-action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.