The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Early script for TMNT secret of the ooze

I don't have it, but does any one know if there is an early script of a sequel that was darker before the parents complained?
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Wait, parents complained? About what? Can you explain ( the first movie being too dark?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Wait, parents complained? About what? Can you explain ( the first movie being too dark?
Yeah, they thought it was dark vilolant, ex. That's why the turtles are less stealthy and don't use their weapons
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
Yeah, they thought it was dark vilolant, ex. That's why the turtles are less stealthy and don't use their weapons
Oh ok, and I guess they also complained about the cursing ( damn, hell) that was used ten times in the movie ( I counted)
Silly parents!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Oh ok, and I guess they also complained about the cursing ( damn, hell) that was used ten times in the movie ( I counted)
Silly parents!
That too.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Back on topic, I have some of the original ideas for it, let me go get the link.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Here you go, it's better then the actual movie( not hating on ooze, I like it, I just think this was better)
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....on-second.html
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
This movie sounds like it would've been amazingly awesome.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
Longview01
Foot Soldier
 
Longview01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Here you go, it's better then the actual movie( not hating on ooze, I like it, I just think this was better)
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....on-second.html
Wow....why did none of this ever get done???
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #10
saul
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 161
There are at least two drafts before the final draft. I have the middle draft. An earlier version was on ebay a while back and sold for either 200 or 400 dollars. We haven't seen that earlier draft since. But there were a few pictures taken of 5 or so pages. The earlier versions by Todd Langen don't differ much from the final version other than certain scenes were shifted around. In the draft I have, for example, the mall fight occurs in the middle of the movie, and the turtles are introduced simply training on April's rooftop. There is a good interview with the writer in an issue of StarLog, I believe, where he discusses movie II.
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.