The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Best Moments of the Turtles: Appreciation thread

So I know we all have our opinions about the turtles, but I thought about starting an only POSITIVE thread about what they do :3 their shinning or funny moments in each episode and beyond~

like this:

EPISODE: Pulverizer

1)Leo: driving crazy awesome
2)Raph: when he went loopey
3)Mikey: helping Raph and taking out enemies at the same time
4)Donnie: making the awesome Shellraiser!

:3 you can add characters as you plz and as many moments as you want.
but stay positive!
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Leo didn't do too much this time.

Raph's "if we told you we'd have to kill you..." line was great.

Donnie throwing his bo at Pulverizer's drawing got a laugh out of me.

And I agree about Mikey nonchalantly dispatching the PD's.

Splinter's "doofus" line takes the cake though!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Leo didn't do too much this time.

Raph's "if we told you we'd have to kill you..." line was great.

Donnie throwing his bo at Pulverizer's drawing got a laugh out of me.

And I agree about Mikey nonchalantly dispatching the PD's.

Splinter's "doofus" line takes the cake though!
I forgot about Splinter's "doofus" line XD he always says stuff you wouldn't imagine he'd say.
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 462
Smile The pulverizer

It maybe a filler episode, but it was funny, like when Donnie was training the boy, who was completely out of shape and remind me the importance to do exercises everyday. I also love the funny quotes by Mikey, Leo and Raph and the fight with Fishface (aka Xever) was cool.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Leo didn't do too much this time.

Raph's "if we told you we'd have to kill you..." line was great.

Donnie throwing his bo at Pulverizer's drawing got a laugh out of me.

And I agree about Mikey nonchalantly dispatching the PD's.

Splinter's "doofus" line takes the cake though!
For the Pulverizer:

I will agree with you on Splinter's line. That cracked me up.

Still, Donnie's part where he threw his staff into the Kraang and jumped on top of one to pummel was awesome.

The only thing I'll disagree with is Leo not doing much. Besides giving the joke that had me rolling on the floor, "It's sushi that delivers itself," you did get to see him in action kicking out some Kraang. Plus, I'll agree with Baby Turtles: him driving "crazy awesome" won me over, too.

Mikey and his names. "It was either that or Robocarp" was hilarious.

Raph getting loopy was funny, but not as funny when he said, "We'd like to tell you, but then we'd have to kill you."

The episode was not what I expected, and I really enjoyed it for what it was. So, basically, the turtles had great momements here and there.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
tlg80
Foot Soldier
 
tlg80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 114
I out right laughed out loud at the doofus quote by Splinter.
Does he know he's a rat? Yes he knows.
I brought this up before but why Donnie chose Leo to drive and not the other two. And they actually agreed.
Sushi serving itself. Mikey looking annoyed as he took the guys out while looking out for Raph. This episode had many funny moments.
tlg80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg80 View Post
I out right laughed out loud at the doofus quote by Splinter.
Does he know he's a rat? Yes he knows.
I brought this up before but why Donnie chose Leo to drive and not the other two. And they actually agreed.
Sushi serving itself. Mikey looking annoyed as he took the guys out while looking out for Raph. This episode had many funny moments.
it's funny seeing Mikey annoyed XD
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #8
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
i loved the "foot stinks" tag on the shell raiser. takes me back to my youth and the original party wagon. honestly, i love all the graffitti littered throughout the production design. great art and i honestly dunno why, but tmnt has always had an "underground hip hop" vibe for me.

and in last episode i love the student made posters and flyers all over the wall. "hip-hop booty drop" anyone?? AWESOME!

as for more from "the pulverizer", i loved star wars kid-esque vibe when he was messing around with don's bo.

my gf and i both cracked up like idiots when you hear mikey shout "i knew you ate my pizza, YOU LIAR!". LMAO! thats perfect characterization right there. such a simple line, but really drove home the teenage and brother aspects of the turtles.

also, i kinda jumped when the blade popped outta donnie's bo and almost stabbed pulverizer in the face.

and i think one of my all-time (so far) fave lines has been from "rise of the turtles"... the raph and mikey exchange about snakeweed's name. "you don't understand science." hilarious! very charlie from it's always sunny...

__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #9
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
The Go-Karts was fun and exciting. Very fast and action packed.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 02-18-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post

and in last episode i love the student made posters and flyers all over the wall. "hip-hop booty drop" anyone?? AWESOME!


I thought I was the only person that saw that XDD LOL
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
The turtles' first joyride with in the Shellraiser is probably my favorite moment in the series, so far.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
Shredded
Foot Soldier
 
Shredded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 228
Every single time we see Splinter actually fighting!


I mean wauw, this show is so doing it on purpose, building it up, and keeping Splinter in the back-ground so it feels more special when we finally see him fighting. We only saw him in action three times now.

One time where he just beat Leatherhead in five seconds.. my jaw dropped a bit open when I saw that.
Splinter in action for the first time, it felt special and it looked awesome!

Then the rat-king episode where the second fight was just so awesome, so elegant and neatly designed. Donnie having the winner line of the entire episode.
"I just had a horrible realisation, he has been going easy on us for all of this time!" ... oh snap.

In fact.. all of the fights in this show are consitently really cool, they are good looking and engaging. And they don't re-use stock-footage like in the 2k3 show. I recently re-watched that show, they totally re-use stock-footage all-ready shown in some fights X)
Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #13
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Best 2 moments for me, has been Leo going up against his own father in 'I, Monster' (That fight was Epic)

And Leo going ape sh!t in 'The Alien Agenda' where he was battling Justin Too Epic.
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #14
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Best 2 moments for me, has been Leo going up against his own father in 'I, Monster' (That fight was Epic)

And Leo going ape sh!t in 'The Alien Agenda' where he was battling Justin Too Epic.
he was taking his anger our on poor Justin XDD
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #15
tlg80
Foot Soldier
 
tlg80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 114
I like the dueling between Leo and Karai. Egging him on. And I loved Raph's comeback after their little, uh, disagreement. I have not been disappointed in the fighting so far. That's all that I can think of for the moment. Oh and Donnie's face when ever he's working on something or in thought.
tlg80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #16
TheSmartOne
Foot Soldier
 
TheSmartOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Leo's best moment: There's this moment in the pilot where they're fighting the Krang in the base and Leo sort of gets a little showcase moment. It does not disappoint. He takes one of the Krang down in a flash of sparks and then uses his swords to deflect the laser beams of a second Krang, before flicking it back into the Krang's head. I'm in awe every time I watch that one segment. It's so well done and really really really cool. Actually, Leo fighting is generally really cool. There's a nice, elegant swoosh to his swords (Like against Doctor Falco.) When Leo has his moments, he has his moments.

Mikey's best moment: XD I love where Splinter uses him as the example of 'fighting without thinking". Plus he's epic in the episode with Leatherhead. It was nice to see him expanding beyond "Joke, joke, funny moment, joke".

Donnie's best moment:
"Did you see when I took that guy and flipped him over the counter? Did it look cool? I bet it looked cool"
"The coolest!....."
"....You didn't see it, did you..."
"No, I did not..."

And any time he gets ridiculously excited about tech and is completely oblivious to all sarcasm.

Raph's best moment: >__> Alright, so not really a moment, but Raph's always entertaining every time he's on screen. I love how they got his attitude written out in pretty much everything he does. And the little metal woosh sound when he spins his Sais. That's pretty awesome.

XD I gotta agree with everyone on all the moments in the Punisher episode. I actually think it's one of my favourites. Everything was so spot on and all the jokes were hilarious.
Anyways, I'll stop geeking out now.
__________________


"The one known as your mother wears the boots that are made for combat!"
My DeviantArt/
TheSmartOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #17
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
thought I'd bump this up since we have PLENTY of time till the next episode airs~

with the latest episodes....anyone have anymore favorite moments from the turtles and crew?

appreciate the turtles~ give em some love! <3
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #18
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
I like the first fighting scene they had with Shredder, it felt like an iconic moment.

I also love it when Don says to snake "There's 4 of us and 1 of you, what you gonna do?" Cracks me up, I think its the expression on his face.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #19
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I loved Leo launching the missile at the Kraang ship in "Enemy of my Enemy." That was just too cool. Also loved Leo taking on Splinter and a lot of Leo's fight scenes.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Leo: His chat with April in "New Girl in Town" - Funny and Serious all in one.
Raph: His fight scene with Spyroach - Awesome battle
Mikey: Ninja Smoke Bombs
Donnie: "April texted me!? OH THIS IS BEST DAY! ...Well, I mean it's had its ups and downs..." - OMI, best line so far in the series.

When Season 1 is over, I plan on having a voting and tournament on the best lines/scenes from the first season.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.