The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2002, 03:27 PM   #1
rockin' reptile
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: psycholand.
Posts: 33
so who saw the movie / what did you think of it?

...and who knows where i can download it?
i want to watch it again but i'm too impatient to wait for the dvd, and my friends are too cheap to go see it again in theatres.

_________________
people look in my tricky eyes,
telling me i'm looking like a reptile.
people believe in my dirty lies,
telling me i'm a real rockin' reptile.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rockin' reptile on 2002-05-12 18:27 ]</font>
rockin' reptile is offline  
Old 05-12-2002, 06:38 PM   #2
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
I saw the movie...twice, actually I liked it that much. I thought it was very good, and it was close enough to the comics to satisfy me. I'm not a hardcore fanboy, or a nitpicker, so I'm pretty happy with how the film turned out.

As for downloading it...I have no idea. You could always try Morpheus or Kazaa...I can't wait for the DVD. I'm definitely getting it.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline  
Old 05-13-2002, 05:47 PM   #3
coolmike1586
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In my shell!!!
Posts: 1,120
HA HA! lol i agree with azure! it was an awesome movie and followed the comic closely but yet differently, and i seen it twice also! i am SOOO satisfied with it!
coolmike1586 is offline  
Old 05-13-2002, 06:09 PM   #4
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Yup, almost everyone is pretty satisfied with the movie. I overhead one person on campus today proclaiming loudly that the Spider-Man movie was terrible, and I felt like giving him a nice ninja kick Oh well, ya can't please them all.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline  
Old 05-14-2002, 12:08 AM   #5
Loolaa
Mad Scientist
 
Loolaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,018
I can't wait untill it's released over here! I've always been a closet Spidey fan.. ever since Spiderman and his Amazing Friends!
Loolaa is offline  
Old 05-14-2002, 01:52 AM   #6
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Ooh, was that the cartoon series where Spider-Man teams up with Star Fire and Ice Man? I loved that show!
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline  
Old 05-14-2002, 10:05 AM   #7
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
I LOVED the movie! I've decided I want to be supervillain when I grow up.

I liked the fact that his web shooters were organic. I also loved the upside down kiss. I thought it was terribly romantic and sexy.
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline  
Old 05-14-2002, 05:34 PM   #8
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
LOL! I bet that kiss will win best kiss from the MTV movie awards. Hmm...I don't think I'm the Super Villain type. I'm just not evil enough
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline  
Old 05-14-2002, 05:40 PM   #9
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
I don't consider myself evil, but I have a definite naughty streak!

I really enjoyed the parts where he was learning how to use his new powers as well. Like the look he had on his face when he first started climbing that wall.
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline  
Old 05-14-2002, 06:25 PM   #10
coolmike1586
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In my shell!!!
Posts: 1,120
and the part where he hears the fly, notices the spitball, and hear's the paper air plane and moves for the punch, that was awesome!
coolmike1586 is offline  
Old 05-14-2002, 07:37 PM   #11
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
There were way too many good parts for me to even pick a favorite But I guess I really enjoyed the scene when he chases the car jacker through the streets of New York!
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline  
Old 05-15-2002, 03:17 PM   #12
Mike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Sewers of N.Y.C.
Posts: 202
That movie rocked! When he tried to figure out his webs...that was the best part! Funniest, anyways! "Away web!" BTW, I too tried downloading it. Found it at kazaa a few times. Too bad they turned out to be movies of stuff I never want to see again...uhg...
__________________
"Ha! You're clastiphobic!"
"You want a fist in your mouth? I ain't ever looked at a guy like that!" -Casey Jones, TMNT

http://www.geocities.com/newtmnt/
Mike is offline  
Old 05-15-2002, 04:11 PM   #13
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*heheh* Yeah, and I saw it in Seoul, with hubby. It seemed surprisingly popular over there too!

I actually had mixed feelings about it. It started out really good, following hat I remember from the cartoon I saw way back in 1990. (I'll admit, I'm not a Spiderman comic book fan, so I never actually read the comics yet)

But I wasn't too keen about the portrayal of the Green Goblin. Just the way his suit looked and the overexaggerated way he acted, it was so cheesy like he was a Saban villian.

I mean, only if I compare the villians in Batman, Star Wars, and Shredder/Tatsu in TMNT1... the Green Goblin comes out looking so G rated goofy!

That 'blemish' aside, yeah, I like how they portrayed SpiderMan, and the 'super geek behind the mask' overall.

And the kiss...
_________________
the TurtleQuestrian

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HorseTechie on 2002-05-15 19:12 ]</font>
HorseTechie is offline  
Old 05-15-2002, 04:18 PM   #14
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
LOL!! Woah, calm down there, HT! I agree, I thought the portrayal of GG was way off, but I thought Willem Dafoe's performance was amazing. He's just plain scary...but I can forgive the portrayal of GG in the movie. I'm not a hardcore fanboy of Spidey (though he's probably somewhere in my top five fave super heroes of all time) and I'm not very picky about details like that. Overall, I really enjoyed the film.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline  
Old 05-15-2002, 04:32 PM   #15
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*smiles innocent like*

You know what was strange... the way the villian went about things reminded me of the move, Hollow Man.

But the quote about great power having great responsiblty? That's a good theme that's promenient with these sort of tales. Star Wars and LotR has similar messages.

And even in my lil Cyborg Don shrine, I have Einstien's quote listed too.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." ~~Einstein

_________________
the TurtleQuestrian

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HorseTechie on 2002-05-15 19:37 ]</font>
HorseTechie is offline  
Old 05-15-2002, 04:47 PM   #16
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
I loved that quote from Spider-Man! It set the mood for the second half of the movie. And you're right, HT...that quote seems to describe a lot of the recent blockbusters. Popular, isn't it?

Hey, I like the Einstein quote, too. I can't disagree with him, since he's a genious and I'm just a turtle.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline  
Old 05-15-2002, 08:23 PM   #17
coolmike1586
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In my shell!!!
Posts: 1,120
uncle ben: i went throught the exact same thing as you did at ur age

Peter: not exactly

uncle ben: look remember...with great power comes great responsibility!

coolmike1586 is offline  
Old 05-15-2002, 08:26 PM   #18
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Yup, that's the quote! Mangoes to ya, Coolmike.
*gives Coolmike a big bowl of mangoes*
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline  
Old 05-15-2002, 09:46 PM   #19
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*sai* That's so touching. His intent to being SpiderMan is in honor of his Uncle.

Hrmm... did anone else feel like Harry Osborn was like Oroku Saki when he was swearing on his father's grave to get vengance On SpiderMan?

And latstly... did anyone else get bothered by the ending? Call me a sappy romantic, but I can't understand why after Peter finally got the chance to be MJ's boyfriend, he walks away from it?
HorseTechie is offline  
Old 05-15-2002, 09:58 PM   #20
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
The Harry Osborn/Oroku Saki parallel never crossed my mind...but now that you've mentioned it, I can see the similarities. Heh heh heh...revenge is a common creator of villains.

I thought the ending was good. Sure, I was cheering for Spidey to get the girl at the end too, but he didn't want to endanger MJ. "The ones I love are the ones that pay." He said something to that effect near the end. But fear not, HT! I'm sure we won't be hearing the end of the Peter/Mary Jane romance...remember, there's a sequel in the works
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.