The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior
 
TonySiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 638
Secret History of the Foot Clan #4 Discussion

The end of this miniseries is here fellow mutants...

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/0...lan-4-preview/

whatcha think bout this joint?
__________________



"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Is it just me or does Mike and Don look really young in those middle panels, almost Nick-ish? Nice preview so far.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
I can't wait for wed.!!!!! it will be Turtle take over Wensday!!!!!
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
I don't want to read the preview, but I'm so ready to get this!
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
corvus
Stone Warrior
 
corvus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 783
Spoiler:
I love how they included Angels dads bar from the annual.


Gonna miss this series but with the villain micros right around the corner I'll get over it quickly.
__________________
corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
The "I can read more manga now" line irks me pretty bad, but otherwise, looking forward to the tpb coming out soon.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere in MN
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
The "I can read more manga now" line irks me pretty bad, but otherwise, looking forward to the tpb coming out soon.
It was suggested to me by someone else. I thought it was kind of funny. Sorry it irks. (:
__________________
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Ah, the whole anime/manga craze in the U.S. died down back by 2006 at the latest. Seems odd to still have references to it now in 2013.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
It was suggested to me by someone else. I thought it was kind of funny. Sorry it irks. (:
Hehe, it's no big, and I'm sure I'm the only one it actually bugs, just imagining it being said makes me "ehhh..." :p
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere in MN
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ah, the whole anime/manga craze in the U.S. died down back by 2006 at the latest. Seems odd to still have references to it now in 2013.
Well, a craze dying down doesn't mean that they go away - or where would TMNT (or Ghostbusters!) be? (: My career thanks people for not sticking solely with the tastes of wild mainstream popularity!

Back to manga. The stuff is still out there, in all bookstores (albeit in smaller sections.) Untranslated stuff is even easier to get.

In this case, all it means is Mikey likes reading comics and has a whole bunch more now available to him. (; I wouldn't have thought of it without the suggestion, but hey, it still struck me as funny.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
corvus
Stone Warrior
 
corvus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 783
Michelangelo is my favorite turtle, I strongly dislike anime but still it makes sense to me that he'd like it and wanna use his new found ability to read Japanese for that purpose. But would it be the modern dialect that he speaks? I don't know much about the language but I know if you went to Britain in the middle ages and spoke modern English no one would know what you were saying. Did the Japanese have the same dialect then as they do now?
__________________
corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #12
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere in MN
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
Michelangelo is my favorite turtle, I strongly dislike anime but still it makes sense to me that he'd like it and wanna use his new found ability to read Japanese for that purpose. But would it be the modern dialect that he speaks? I don't know much about the language but I know if you went to Britain in the middle ages and spoke modern English no one would know what you were saying. Did the Japanese have the same dialect then as they do now?
IIRC, modern Japanese started around 1600-ish. Differences? More than likely, but I can't say that it's as drastic as the evolution of modern English.

In either case, Mateus' original idea was to have Donatello be able to read the language.

I suggested the switch for several reasons - I like that it gives Michelangelo something that the others don't have - but primarily, since what Mikey wants most is to connect with others, and language is one of the tools of connecting, it fit thematically to give this attribute to him.

The manga joke aside. (:
__________________
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
Vi11AiN6
Foot Soldier
 
Vi11AiN6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 198
AWESOME!!!! Great series and it's cool the see the bar from the Annual.

IDW has done the best job of using such details to constantly keep this series interesting and cohesive..
Vi11AiN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
Spoiler:
I love how they included Angels dads bar from the annual.
Spoiler:
Sweet! I hope they burn it down like they did April's Dad's shop.
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Looks like #4 is already getting some high praise!
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/0...ant-ninja.html
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #16
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
In either case, Mateus' original idea was to have Donatello be able to read the language.

I suggested the switch for several reasons - I like that it gives Michelangelo something that the others don't have - but primarily, since what Mikey wants most is to connect with others, and language is one of the tools of connecting, it fit thematically to give this attribute to him.
Erik, after that comment I must thank you, man. Far too often is Mike subjugated to the role of "the young, dumb, baby bro" of the group, completely sidetracking his own very creative, right-brained, intelligence. He's not stupid, but so many writers forget that aspect; personally, I would say he's on par with Donnie, but the two are on polarizing spectrums: Don expresses himself logically, analytically, and methodically, whereas Mike expresses himself through writing, art, and concepts.

Folks typically think he's dumb when Don says something "smart" and Mike repeats in in simplistic terms, missing the fact that he grasps what Don said just fine, just reiterating in a more common-sense approach.

Mike is a "slacker smart guy": yeah, he's bright, he's also the best naturally gifted Turtle, but he's more about enjoying the whole of life than focusing on one discipline, unless it's comics, games, and movies!

So, again Erik, thank you for being so observant.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
So today I went to my comic book store to pick up my books and of course its tuesday!!!!not Wensday!!!!! lmao I thought I would share this to hopefully make some one day
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
lookin good! can't wait to own this and then eventually the TPB
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Ha ha, the prof makes a reference to Splinter's original origin and April dismisses it as ridiculous.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #20
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
The "I can read more manga now" line irks me pretty bad, but otherwise, looking forward to the tpb coming out soon.
may i ask why? i thought it was pretty funny.

this arch has been awesome. great writing and art on all fronts from IDW's TMNT. if it continues like this, this series can roll on easy for many more years to come
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mini-series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.