The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Splinter Has Been Cast

Well, he's not Japanese or any other Asian nationality. He's also very short. I don't know what to think. Clearly motion-capture.

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Platinum Dunes has already found its Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael. Now the Michael Bay-produced Ninja Turtles reboot has cast the sage mentor to the heroes in a half-shell. Seinfeld alum Danny Woodburn will play Master Splinter in the live action/CG hybrid directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Paramount will release the pic June 6, 2014. Woodburn’s recent credits include Mirror, Mirror and recurring roles on Fox’s Bones and Disney XD’s recently renewed Crash & Bernstein. He is repped by Global Artists Agency.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/mich...anny-woodburn/
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Um, is that guy really the best choice for an old wise sensei from Japan?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Um, is that guy really the best choice for an old wise sensei from Japan?
Well, that's the thing. Is he a wise sensei from Japan? In this version, I really don't think so.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Legit? Another guy I don't know, but I've seen him in commercials.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Well, that's the thing. Is he a wise sensei from Japan? In this version, I really don't think so.
Oh boy...well, at least the movie will be...uh..different? (hopefully for the better...?)
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
Legit? Another guy I don't know, but I've seen him in commercials.
It comes courtesy of Deadline Hollywood. Its 100% legit.

Whatever design they've come up for Splinter, he's obviously very small. In the other movies he was always smaller, so I guess I'm not that bothered by that. I must admit, I'm actually dying to see the designs of the characters. It won't make or break the movie for me, but it will definitely go a long way.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Yeah I'm ready to see designs. Like I said this is another guy I don't know, but I know it's not going to look like him so I'm whatever about all this.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I liked Woodburn as Mickey on Seinfeld, but I don't really know how I feel about him as Splinter.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Wow, they could have given me a thousand years and I never would have guessed danny. I like him plenty as an actor, I just have no idea what kind of splinter he is going to portray.

This is going to be a very, very strange ninja turtles movie. I just hope he doesn't get bacterial meningitis ...
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
And it just gets worse and worse. They might as well not even be making a TMNT movie, just treat it as some random alien movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
...Wha? Okay, haha. Certainly unexpected. I guess at this point the unexpected is the only thing you CAN expect.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I like this guy...I've seen him in some stuff.

Wouldn't have cast him as Splinter...but he's not a bad actor.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #13
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
I agree. I wonder how his movements will translate into motion capture....for instance, as a little person, he has the notable side to side action when he walks. Is that something they want Splinter to look like when he walks, or will they somehow be able to change that up in post? If not, I'll have a hard time not thinking Splinter is E.T. haha
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #14
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
I agree. I wonder how his movements will translate into motion capture....for instance, as a little person, he has the notable side to side action when he walks. Is that something they want Splinter to look like when he walks, or will they somehow be able to change that up in post? If not, I'll have a hard time not thinking Splinter is E.T. haha
My guess they will incorporate the actor's natural walk into the animation of the character. Hope that makes sense. So Splinter's design will work with this actor's distinctive walk. Or something like that.

But yeah, I'm dying to see designs. Bet you anything they get two wrestlers to play Bebop and Rocksteady. It wouldn't surprise me.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #15
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
Maybe a Yoda/Splinter hybrid?
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #16
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
ugh..




I just pictured Colonel Schrader (won't be surprised if its arnold schwarzenegger or someone like that) fighting a midget.. lol can't stop laughing..

Last edited by Colonel Schrader; 04-15-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
....after all the hype and excitement of a tall Splinter in the cartoon, they're going this direction?

I... really don't know what to think. I mean, he's a good actor. But.. Most of the work I've seen him do is comedy, the occasional police drama... between him and Will Arnett, is this going to be a campy 80s style Turtles movie?
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #18
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Jesus. I have no idea what to expect from this movie. Every piece of casting throws me for a loop.

Hell, Will Arnett could be Colonel Schrader for all we know.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Hai Sensei..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg master splinter.jpg (43.2 KB, 20 views)
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #20
zak_the_neutrino
Foot Soldier
 
zak_the_neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 118
Let the bitching begin!!!!!!!!!

I for one can't wait for the new movie. I will be there for the opening day for sure. Finally a dark gritty tmnt film with a hot April, good young talent for the turtles and Woodburn is perfect for splinters mo cap. Watch and see. This movie is going to surprise all the whiny doubters.
__________________
NAAHH! THIS PLACE IS DULLSVILLE MAN LET'S CUT OUT!!!
zak_the_neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.