The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
A crazy Idea I had for the casting of the Shredder...

I was thinking about all the talk about the casting of the Shredder, and do you know who I think would make a good Okoku Saki?

Dante Basco.

Think about it. He's done an amazing villian, he's played a breakdancer so he's got the agility and moves, and he's got the right acting skills and looks to pull off an evil ninja master. Throw in a stunt double who's adept at martial arts, have Dante work out and build of his physquie a bit, and you'd have an amazing performance.

So, what does everyone else think?
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Rufio as The Shredder?
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Rufio as The Shredder?
Don't forget he's also Prince Zuko.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Can't say I agree. I liked him as Zuko, but I can't see him as Shredder.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist
 
DonatelloNinja82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,345
He's an amazing Zuko...but I cannot see his voice fitting Shredder.
__________________
Michelangelo: Holy guacamole with hot sauce and jalapenos!

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Davin
Stone Warrior
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ...into the night
Posts: 899
Could work, but I'd prefer to see a current Japanese martial artist/actor and skip the stunt double. Admittedly, I'm having trouble thinking of one that fits the bill though.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloNinja82 View Post
He's an amazing Zuko...but I cannot see his voice fitting Shredder.
The two live action films had a voice actor dub over the body actor so that should not be a problem.Christopher Sabat would do a good Shredder and I think Dennis Haysebert has the vocal range that would fit as well for a voice over to a live actor.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
For me, Shredder has to be a bit older, a bit bulkier, and yes, a master of the martial arts. Hands down, he has to be menacing.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
Anything is a step up from ****ing Will Arnett.
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Dante basco would work if it is a younger shredder like Oroku Saki from mirage, I always felt he was younger.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,233
Why not? He could be a good Shredder, but I would prefer a Japanese actor for the role.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Ken Wantanabe would be perfect.
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Maybe in a flash back...
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #14
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 377
I'm just gonna throw Hugo Weaving out there because I think he can do anything
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #15
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Think they already have someone? It could be that the name just hasn't slipped out. I feel the same way about Casey Jones.

And I'm obviously not sure that there will be a Casey Jones, but 99% of movies have love stories, so I'm pretty darn sure April will have an interest...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Doesn't look Japanese enough. Looks too Islander.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #17
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
A Shredder that can turn into a dragon!? Sweet!!
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
While I can agree on size and apperance issues, He was good in Avatar the last airbender, and I personally think he has the acting skills to pull it off.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 04-30-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Size is irrelevant (unless you're in the bedroom). Tons of short guys have been made to look massive on screen, and tons of tall guys have been made to look short and tiny on screen. It's movie magic.

Trouble is, his face just plain doesn't look Japanese. At all. In fact, he would come off as insultingly non-Japanese to Japanese moviegoers or anyone with two brain cells to rub together that realizes that all Asians do not look alike. If they shaved his head and scarred his face up ala Nicktoon Shredder, that might work... but what happens when it's time for a flashback to show pre-f***ed up Saki?

I really think Oroku Saki is a part that they don't really need to get an A-lister, or even a B-lister. Most of the time he will just be (and should be) in the armor anyway, right? Just get a no-name Japanese actor that can act, do some martial arts (or not, that's what stunt doubles are for when the armor is on), can speak English without an Engrish accent, has presence, and can pull off terrifying, I say... then put the money they saved toward script supervision or any of the other areas it's sorely needed.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-30-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #20
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
Daniel Dae Kim would be okay. But if you're going for crazy put Taylor Lautner in the ring.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.