The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
I'm trying to start a new fic but I'm not sure if the idea will work. I thought I'd run it by some of you guys first to see what kind of feedback I would get.

See, Mikey rescues a girl named Elisa and the two sort of have a fling together, even though everyone says that they shouldn't. Well one day, Elisa just up and disappears. Mikey looks for her, but all he ever finds is a note. Years later, a girl named Kylie appears and it might be possible that Mike could be her father. And that's all I've got for now. What do you think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: enigma-1 on 2002-05-24 21:29 ]</font>
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Ah... the classic "love lost and returns as a only begotten child" tale. Sounds good, but of course, it's how you write it that makes it stand out from the rest.

What's the reason that Elisa would leave on Mike...? Or what evnets led up to the close relationship with Mike and Elisa. (Or, you could have Mike just randomly met Elisa. Only 'cause it seems there is one too many "TMNT save damsel in distress" fics floating around)
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:39 PM   #3
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
For the moment, I have it that Elisa left Mike because she was scared. The reason for which, I'm not gonna reveal yet. It would spoil the fic. As for how they met, that's still in the works.
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:48 PM   #4
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Aww... *tsk*
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:51 PM   #5
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
I just came up with this yesterday. I've still got a lot of kinks to work out before it takes shape.
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:52 PM   #6
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
True... any other queries?
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:54 PM   #7
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
Yeah. I'm working out how Kylie looks and personality. She looks human, just with a light tan/green skin and a plastron. Think I should add a shell or leave it at that?
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:07 PM   #8
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*heheh* that one always gets me when I think fo the possibilities.

I think if they had a shell, it be a soft shell type, with ridges down the back spine. The skin on the chest and back could be more hard and scaly to the touch than the skin on the arms an legs.

The part that gets me is how the face looks. How do you picture that, I wonder?
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:11 PM   #9
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
Except for her eyes, which are larger than a normal person's, Kylie's face is fully human. Her mother's traits were dominant in that.
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:23 PM   #10
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Hmm...that kinda reminds me of Ren from Splinter/Terran's fic, Culture Shock. You might wanna look at that fic for some ideas on how a human/turtle hybrid would look.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:24 PM   #11
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
*nods* I've read that, but I want to keep the appearance of Kylie original. I don't want to even come close to copying someone else's work. Just feels wrong to me.
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:28 PM   #12
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
I wasn't suggesting that you copy her work. I was just pointing you in that direction so you could get ideas for your own character
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:30 PM   #13
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
I know, but I've read a few other fics where the turtle side were more obvious. Shells and skin tone. With Kylie, I don't think she'll have a shell. But there are other subtle things that will give her way, though most won't notice.
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:54 PM   #14
Terran
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Third Rock From the Sun
Posts: 57
*jumps up and down excitedly*

I love new fics!!

Ahem, this sounds really interesting, Enigma.
But is the main story going to be around Mike and Elisa or more Mike and Kylie or a combination? Either way, I agree with HT that it's how you'll write it that makes it stand out.
Be prepared for people to question whether a human/turtle hybrid is possible though. It's one of those ongoing debates that will probably never get solved. And some get kind of uptight about it. I just ignore it.
Also, Kylie's appearence will depend a lot on what you have planned for her. Whether she'll be able to go out in the daytime without disguises and such like. Anyway, that's my two cents. I can't wait to read it!!
BTW--thanks for the plug on Culture Shock Azure!!
__________________
Winning isn't everything, but losing isn't anything.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 08:00 PM   #15
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
Mike and Elisa as a couple does play a major part in setting the story, but it's really about Kylie. She's trying to find out who she is and why she was never told about her birth father.

And as for her appearance, I made her mostly human because of how genetics work. Sometimes, regardless of species, some genes are just stronger than others. In this case, human wins.
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 08:50 PM   #16
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Gah, I'm a little late. *kicks her stupid EverQuest addicted brother* But I wanna add in my two cents on hybrid theories.

I have exactly one human/Turtle hybrid in my collection of characters (I think). What I figure is that the mother's DNA will be dominant. Why? Because she has to carry the child, and if the DNA is not compatible with her systems, the child will not survive. However, some Turtle features will show up, but which ones, and how noticeable they are is up to an author.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 09:01 PM   #17
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Heh heh heh...no prob, Terran. Your story fits wonderfully with this little discussion

Ooh, and I got to do some fanfic catching up today...I read your newest chapter, and I'm so intrigued with the plot. I can't wait to see what happens next to poor little Ren.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 09:17 AM   #18
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*modest grin* gosh... another SPlinter fic I must read. I was thinking of Phishtar's fic's when I was considering the human/hybrid look. Her char had a big beak like nose and light green skin. I beleive the shell wasnt very obvious too.

Then there are a series of fics by Aignatius (aka Wendolina), but she's not in FF.net. She had lizard/Turtle offspring in her fics.

Heh... I'm usually too logical in my thinking to write on such possiblities. That I or lack the imagination! But it's fun reading what other people write.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 11:41 AM   #19
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Just thinking about the appearance of Kylie. Well, you say "it might be possible that Mike could be her father." To me, that says neither Kylie, nor Elisa, are quite sure. Any obvious turtle features that couldn't be mistaken for something else would be a big tip off. If you say she has a plastron, or scaly skin, or such, they would know for sure who the father is.

It depends on what you want to do in the story with Mike/Kylie. Do you want them to find out that Mike's her father immediately, then they can bond. Or bond while trying to discover the truth (leaving the chance that Mike isn't the father.)

Just some thoughts.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 12:19 PM   #20
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
I finally worked out how's she'll look, and yeah, Mike is her Dad. Only, he doesn't know himself till about halfway thru the fic. I just said that he might cause I was brainstorming on this.

But Kylie's mostly human, except for the partial plastron and the skin tone. The real differences are on the inside, not the outside. When I get more of the fic down, you'll see what I mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: enigma-1 on 2002-05-25 15:35 ]</font>
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.