The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
is there any way to find out who creates tags?

When I click on the tags on the bottom of a thread it links to the established threads, but is there any way to find out who created the tags or posts them in a thread in the first place?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Whoever's adding that tag is an immature dingus and for all we know may end up ruining the tags system for the rest of us. Please stop abusing it, whoever you are.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Indeed, the excessive use of "Gay" and the like as thread tags is a bit much.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Yes, mods and admins can see who added a tag to a thread (and can remove the tag if necessary).
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Yeah, I think you should oust the people who keep making dumb tags, then. Like, for example, "cybercubed thinks deep".

BECAUSE HE DOESN'T, AM I RIGHT?

No, just kidding, you're alright. But really, it's a dumb tag.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Yeah, that's one thing, but I'm seeing ish like "gay" "jerk it" etc too.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
LOL, who just added the "gay" and "jerk it" tag to this thread?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
I noticed that in the tag cloud on the search page the 'Cybercubed Thinks Deep' tag is by far the largest. Someone has really put in the time.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
There's also some more headscratching tags as to why they are there:

1) Such as "peanut" (nothing against the user "Peanut", but just curious why the user has his own tag? ...And some of those threads don't even have "Peanut" responding in them.)

2) The tag "valid questions" . I think the term "valid" is very subjective for each fan depending on the topic of the thread.

It's ironic that the bizarre tags are more popular (i.e. "CyberCubed thinks Deep", "gay", "jerk it", "peanut") while there's minimal to no tags for more actual TMNT-related topics (i.e. Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Baxter Stockman, "villians" [of TMNT]). You'll see that if you click on the "Advanced Search" link and look at the Tag Cloud.

...No wonder some of the newbies have to post new threads for the same, rehashed topics if this tag system is so ineffective in providing the topics they are looking for in using the "search" function. Without effective tag words/topics, which user would want to search a full 5-10 minutes for a topic that the community keeps telling them to search for?

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-16-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: How the currrent tag system is hampering search efficiency
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
Yes, mods and admins can see who added a tag to a thread (and can remove the tag if necessary).
Yeh, I'll be keeping eye out in my sections...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
One other thing...

When I was trying to add some relevant tags to my previous threads, I noticed that it won't allow me to create tags. Is there a certain post count that users are allowed to do that? Or users can't create tags at all?

One example of this dilemma was that I was going to create a "donatello" tag for my " Who's older? Donatello or Raphael?" thread, but it says I don't have permission to create one.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYX View Post
One other thing...

When I was trying to add some relevant tags to my previous threads, I noticed that it won't allow me to create tags. Is there a certain post count that users are allowed to do that? Or users can't create tags at all?

One example of this dilemma was that I was going to create a "donatello" tag for my " Who's older? Donatello or Raphael?" thread, but it says I don't have permission to create one.
When an account ages 1 year and has 1,500 post it gains the ability to add two tags per topic along with the custom rank. I tried multiple times myself until I reached this status. So until your username goes itailized then your out of luck unless you ask a friend in the usergroup mentioned above to do so.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #13
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
When an account ages 1 year and has 1,500 post it gains the ability to add two tags per topic along with the custom rank. I tried multiple times myself until I reached this status. So until your username goes itailized then your out of luck unless you ask a friend in the usergroup mentioned above to do so.
Uh huh...
Looks like I'm gonna have to wait much longer to do be able to do that, and be part of the italicized "club". Thanks for the info MikeandRaph87! Appreciate it!
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYX View Post
Uh huh...
Looks like I'm gonna have to wait much longer to do be able to do that, and be part of the italicized "club". Thanks for the info MikeandRaph87! Appreciate it!
In the meantime just ask one of us in a thread that you create to add the tag you want unless its not exactly appropriate.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I don't know how to use tags, but I can't wait to learn...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
Yes, mods and admins can see who added a tag to a thread (and can remove the tag if necessary).
Good to know that. There definitely needs to be some accountability to the system. It's a great thing, but with great power comes great... eh, that's too cliche.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
valid questions, winters quotes spider-man


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.