The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
1987 TMNT meet Star Wars!

I have no idea if this has already been discussed before, as there is so much on this forum, and I'm new here... but anyways...

I had this crazy idea today that given the amount of spin-offs and different spins series are given these days, TMNT gels really well into another popular franchise!

They've done it with Family Guy, they've done it with Angry Birds and they've now even done it with Phineas and Ferb... so why not have a one-off Star Wars meets TMNT?!

It doesn't have to be canon, or fit or anything. Heck, none of those other spin offs do. But do they NEED to? Just for pure entertainment value alone, it'd be worth it!

The reason I chose the 1987 cartoon is because I actually think it works better with the ideas I had in mind. Here's what I thought:

*Krang - evil warlord who conquers dimensions/galaxies is Emperor Palpatine. Pretty much the same thing, right?!
*The Technodrome is the Death Star!!
*Shredder - Krang's "apprentice" (yes, I know, he isn't, technically, but go with it!) is Darth Vader! Even down to the helmet and cape, it works!
And the fact that Shredder is the TMNT's "father" in the 1987 series (puts the ooze down the sewer to destroy Yoshi), works even better with the Vader/Anakin/Luke/father thing!!
*Foot and Rock Soldiers are the Clone/Storm Troopers, Royal Guards and any other Imperical force sent by the Emperor
*The TMNT are the Padawan Learners
*Splinter could be Obi Wan or another senior Jedi - even works because Obi Wan/Anakin used to be friends! Sound familiar?...
*April O'Neil is Princess Leia
*Pretty much any other alien/mutant/villain from the original TMNT could fit as any other villain/alien etc from the SW saga

You'd almost think they wrote TMNT based on SW!! lol

I can't even draw a stickman, but I imagine someone could - and should! - do some fan art of this!!

Just my random ramblings lol.
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!



Last edited by Danetello; 07-31-2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
With Disney owning Star Wars and Nick owning TMNT a crossover is impossible.

Good idea for fanfiction or fanart though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Well I never actually believed that they would do it, but the idea seemed like a good one to me lol
I would LOVE to see some fan art of something like this!
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
pingclang
Stone Warrior
 
pingclang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 552
No. Just....no.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Davin
Stone Warrior
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ...into the night
Posts: 899
Found this with a google image search:
http://www.pichaus.com/geek-art-+-cr...70abb0af58385/
Don with the Darth Maul double end lightsaber works, and I like the take on the lightchuku/nunsaber haha.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin View Post
Found this with a google image search:
http://www.pichaus.com/geek-art-+-cr...70abb0af58385/
Don with the Darth Maul double end lightsaber works, and I like the take on the lightchuku/nunsaber haha.
Ooo, they are neat!
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
star wars


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.