The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Question Turtle Van DVD Listing Error?

So, I am slightly confused about something (which by all accounts isn't usually difficult, but hey...)

You may recall I said in another post I've been watching all the OT the past 2 weeks on DVD.
I've been using the discs from the Turtle Van set, as opposed to the individual disc sets.
Anyway, the Van Season 4 discs have print on them stating that for the "missing episodes" Once Upon a Time Machine and Planet of the Turtleloids, I have to watch them on disc 23. That's all fine, except, weren't those episodes part of Season 5?...
At least that's what I recall, and that's what the wiki says.

Just another nail in the coffin for the Van set. It seemed like such a great idea, and I love having the whole collection in one complete box set, but as has been discussed before, the overall quality is definitely not there.
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!



Last edited by Danetello; 08-07-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Lionsgate "forgot" to put those episodes on thier correct season releases and finally released them years later as bonuses on the final season dvd.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Yeah, I know that... my point was that the season FOUR discs say that they are on the season 10 discs... aren't they part of season 5?
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Sorry about that. Speeed read over that part.
Chalk that one up to lionsgates being pretty much lazy and crap.
They put plan 6 on season 3 then on its seaon 4 dvd. Took them nearly 9 years to release all 10 seasons.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
I know it's kinda silly, but it just irritates me.
With all the money we pay for the DVDs, you'd think that they could at least be bothered to get it right.
Sorry for the rant lol.
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Sorry about that. Speeed read over that part.
Chalk that one up to lionsgates being pretty much lazy and crap.
They put plan 6 on season 3 then on its seaon 4 dvd. Took them nearly 9 years to release all 10 seasons.
And it took seven years to finally officially remove "Plan 6" on any Season 3-related release. That said, Planet of the Turtleoids is definately Season 5 due to the Technodrome in the Arctic along with the musical package (such as the fanfare music heard over the MWS logo). "Once Upon a Time Machine" is a bit of a different story. It contains the same credits as with the later Season 4 syndicated episodes, plus has the Technodrome in Dimension X. It also presumably takes place right after "The Turtles and the Hare" given that Hokum Hare is still in it, and mentions that its 1991. The official website before Nickelodeon listed this episode as the second in Season 5, though to be honest, many syndicated markets (but allegedly not all since some never aired some or all of the Season 4 syndie episodes) first aired this in the spring of 1991. That said, I'd like to include a revised Season 5 release (no pizza packaging) that begins with OUATM and ends with Turtleoids to avoid the hassle of skipping discs, even if the former is basically still Season 4 (although the later part of it since some later syndicated episodes use some newer music cues such as the revised tension theme often heard before commercial breaks). If that's all Lionsgate does with any future OT releases, I'll be satisfied until the end of time.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
I would still like to get this set despite the gripes I seen...
But anytime I see it, it's over $100
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
I would still like to get this set despite the gripes I seen...
But anytime I see it, it's over $100
It *just* literally went out of print recently, sadly! I wanted to get a 2nd set for good measure, but they cannot be found ANYWHERE, and have sky rocketed in price on the internet!!
If I had realised, I would have definitely got another one at the time I got mine, just to sell later LOL!
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Well ****...
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
I would still like to get this set despite the gripes I seen...
But anytime I see it, it's over $100
Too bad you missed out on DVD Empire's black Friday sale last year. They had it for $54.99. By the way, have you ever tried Toys R Us by any chance? I've seen someone say they spotted a set there.

I hope that Lionsgate might be re-issuing this set, and in "normal" packaging.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Too bad you missed out on DVD Empire's black Friday sale last year. They had it for $54.99. By the way, have you ever tried Toys R Us by any chance? I've seen someone say they spotted a set there.

I hope that Lionsgate might be re-issuing this set, and in "normal" packaging.
I hope that they re-issue it too. And in better quality!

Also, I know this was for the previous poster, but I just wanted to point out I have checked all major stores, brands, website etc and no-where has it any more. Not unless you want it on eBay or Amazon for like $300 :/ (last time I checked).
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
I hope that they re-issue it too. And in better quality!
If you mean put those "extra" episodes among the ones in the season to which they truly belong, I doubt they'd do that.

Might you have ever seen a short review I did on the set when I got it? If not, have a look, and you'll see why I'm hoping for better packaging should they ever work on a re-issue.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #13
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Well, that does bug me, but not as much as what I really meant - actual better quality.
The rolling lines in the video and the abysmal image quality are really disappointing.
I'll be sure to take a look at your review
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #14
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
I'll be sure to take a look at your review
It's not long. It really isn't.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #15
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Too bad you missed out on DVD Empire's black Friday sale last year. They had it for $54.99. By the way, have you ever tried Toys R Us by any chance? I've seen someone say they spotted a set there.

I hope that Lionsgate might be re-issuing this set, and in "normal" packaging.
Toys R Us are really spread out in AZ. I could check there next time I look for the Retro Turtle Reissues.
ZIA Records also had the set but I'm not sure they still have them...

I'm surprised they never tried to clean up the images. It's all VHS quality. Atleast the audio is better.
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:07 AM   #16
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles Complete Classic Series DVD

Still listed on the website as being "sold in stores"... no idea how accurate this is.
...considering the actual site is misspelled as "Ninga"
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
GodzFire
Hench Mutant
 
GodzFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sewers
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
Well, that does bug me, but not as much as what I really meant - actual better quality.
The rolling lines in the video and the abysmal image quality are really disappointing.
I'll be sure to take a look at your review
That's because they weren't even taken from the master sources. It's extremely obvious they just used VHS tapes, which make it even more infuriating.
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:02 AM   #18
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
It's not that bad... it's kinda fun to see imperfections. It kinda makes it feel... classic?
But it be nice to take these from master sources.
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #19
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
It's not that bad... it's kinda fun to see imperfections. It kinda makes it feel... classic?
But it be nice to take these from master sources.
If I could do a screenshot, I would, but some ARE "that bad". Definitely not what you expect from an expensive collector's set.
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
Gwydion
Hench Mutant
 
Gwydion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 331
Gotta agree on the quality - just got a set recently, and some of the episodes really are quite bad. Still glad I have it, though - as is my 2 year old nephew who not only likes watching it but playing with the van, lol.

As for finding one, I think a few TRUs do still have one or two, but it's pretty slim pickin's. For example, I live in NE Ohio, but my set was from a store in West Virginia because no TRU within 50 miles of me had one left (lucky for me someone I knew was headed that way). You could call the store and have them check - that's how we found out which stores in the area/surrounding states had one; our local store looked it up for us.
__________________
Gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.