![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
|
What personalities did turtles had before the popularity of Fred Wolf OT
I am curious because I have fuzzy memories of who was like what in mirage run and the only thing that I remember was that Raph had mental problems and he was a seriously trouble kid and in his lighter moments he was more like Mikey. It's hard to remember what Mikey was like before he was shoe horned to be the party loving pizza eating dude but I think before all of this he was more of a no non-sense straight man to Raph.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Mikey was sorta serious, nothing like he is today.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
|
Leo led, Donatello worked on machines, Raph had more of a temper (similar to his movie and 4kids incarnations), and Mike seemed a bit bland till the Christmas issue showed him having fun.
Their personalities were fairly rigid in the first 11 issues, but the basics are all there. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 552
|
Yeah, Leo was the devout shinobi, Raph wasn't so much constantly angry as just rough as hell with a quick temper. Donatello was a tinkerer and a genius and Mikey was the down to earth guy, pretty much the everyman. They've expanded on the personalities as it went and fleshed them out more but thats what they were like at the start.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
... I'm just wondering. If Leo is a devout shinobi, possibly even more disciplined and devoted than Raph, how could he lost to Raph (twice now), in TMNT 2007 movie and 2k12 intro episode?
Blind rage/assault supersedes techniques? Edit: I think in 2007 he intentionally lost to show Raph a point (he easily trumped Nightwatcher's ass prior to the reveal). In 2k12 he's possibly still young and naive.:/ Though he always did go easy on his brothers - he tapped Mikey gently to knock him out. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 552
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
Mikey really wasn't the comedian that he is now. And ya, he is almost forgettable in the original comics (which is probably why he ended up the loud party guy for the show?) until the above mentioned solo issue where he goes on his own to have fun, shop Christmas and get his cat, Klunk. That really is the first time he shows personality and I think it primarily came off that Peter and Kevin needed to focus on the character so he can carry his own one-shot.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 42
|
According to the TMNT Role-playing game (I think is was in "...& Other Strangeness), which was pre-OT, Mike had a sexual deviance.
I did some research, and this is an excerpt from a blog post about TMNT & OS: "Michelangelo’s profile includes this curious and discomforting sentence: “In many ways he is the hedonist and the sensualist, appreciative of the pleasures of the flesh”." Source: http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2011/...erview-of.html Last edited by MothraLeo; 08-19-2013 at 03:04 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
lol interesting... That never came across in what I have read XD
Sucks he and his brothers are one-of-a-kind. Kinda creepy |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Well, in all fairness, they did stick with it. Mikey got frisky with Horridus in April's apartment and allegedly impregnated that styrocodon princess.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
|
Ever Notice that every cartoon incarantion of Michelangelo seems to be a split of Mirage? Ot has his chillness, 2K3 Has his ego, and 2k12 his jokiness and compassion.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
|
I must have miss something. I don't remember Mikey having a ego in the mirage.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 36
|
I think the most interesting change was Donatello. He was happy to be killing people left and right, but then became introspective about it and never wanted to kill. Although, this change probably has less to do with the cartoon series and more to do with needing to create individual personalities.
__________________
Check out my TMNT reviews at: http://tmnt101.blogspot.com/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
|
Quote:
Mike: You know what I like about Earth? Horned freaks like you, knew their place! On display in a Museum. Leo: Michelangelo! Mike: Realx these guys seem to want to keep us alive, just having fun.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
|
One thing I noticed now with Tales of the TMNT 2 retconning everything is that they kinda turned Mikey into 'dude Mikey' to a certain degree. Perhaps the most carefree of the four, Mirage Mikey was never the dude. Yet an issue meant to take place a few days before TMNT issue 1 has Mikey tell Raph to 'chillax bro'.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
|
I liked how in the Triceraton saga, Mikey was the hot-head that started one of the fights instead of Raph.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
|
Spoilers in here but mostly vague.
Mikey also wanted to be a writer in Mirage didn't he? He seemed to be the most social in general, and one of the only ones to have love interests (probably the highest number of them). And I suppose going on his space adventure is another example of him enjoying the company of people outside the family. Leonardo eventually swears to never kill again and starts using a nonlethal sword. Raphael is incredibly protective of Shadow, a side of the character that will probably never be seen anywhere else since she won't be either. The most extreme example of this being the future knowledge he gains and how he acts on it. He seems to be the turtle who spends the most time with her. Donatello keeps secrets from the family (Stockman) and seems to be the most lonely turtle, at least by the time he is old. I think they have some personality in even the first issue. Issue 1 already has some hints of Mikey being the least "at home" in battle, as he's the one saying he's tired after the battle and holding his arm, etc. Raphael goes off on a solo mission (although it was orders this time) and jumps to be first to attack Shredder, Donatello thinks quickly and knocks away the grenade, Leonardo gives out orders and gives Shredder the chance to die honorably.
__________________
Final Boss of translation group Opentrain. We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff. http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/ Last edited by Cryomancer; 08-19-2013 at 08:54 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
|
Yeah. April would get jealous and throw the hussy out.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| fred wolf, turtles |
|
|