The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Purple Dragons rival gangs

Would anyone like to see Purple Dragons rival gangs with the same depth and characters. I think it would be great to have to rival gangs.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Savate Ninjas?
__________________
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Well, I think it would be interesting for the Dragons to have a rival gang. Didn't they have one in 2K3 run by Jenko?
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Savate Ninjas?
This. It's already starting to happen in the IDW comics. & plus they had some feuds with the mafia guys in 2k3, no?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Well, I think it would be interesting for the Dragons to have a rival gang. Didn't they have one in 2K3 run by Jenko?
Jenko was on Hun's list of possible recruits for the Purple Dragons. He crossed it off the list after Jenko was detained.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, but in "Still Nobody" Jenko also ran a rival gang if I remember correctly. I just can't remember the name of it.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
ryukenden
Hench Mutant
 
ryukenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 383
I just have a feeling that the Purple Dragons are the heaviest set in NYC. Similar to the Riffs from the Warriors. Since they would be the front for the Foot, all the other gangs are too scared to mess with them.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, but in "Still Nobody" Jenko also ran a rival gang if I remember correctly. I just can't remember the name of it.
It was called "The Turks".
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yes, that was it. I knew there was a name, but I just couldn't think of it. Thanks.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #10
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
It would be nice too, in displaying the complexities of gang turf warfare, but again just like with the Channel 6 news crew in the OT (as with your previous question Original TMNT Cartoon Fan), there shouldn't be too much exploration into these other fringe aspects/characters of the storytelling. Otherwise again, it will change the direction of the comic/show.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
In the TMNT 2007 video game, there was a gang called the Black Gators. I think that's the only place I've heard of them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.