![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
|
the ot tmnt on blu ray in europe
hey guys, haven't seen this discussed anywhere on the drome yet, so I thought Id share it with you....I hope this will be released in the us and uk and elsewhere on the globe, too...as of yet I have NO information on this product other than posted...but its surely nice to see the eps going on blu ray...amazon has listed 3 releases so far going till ep
blu ray release 1 (release date:13 jan 2014) contains eps 1-56 http://www.amazon.de/Teenage-Mutant-...urtles+blu+ray blu ray release 2 (release date:10 feb 2014) contains eps 57-113 http://www.amazon.de/Teenage-Mutant-...urtles+blu+ray blu ray release 3 (release date:17 march 2014) contains eps 114-169 http://www.amazon.de/Teenage-Mutant-...urtles+blu+ray I cant find any word on specials or anything else unfortunatelly....it may be noted that cover art work is just a place holder(these were the covers to the wonderful ksm dvd box set releases)....I also know that the turtles show has had 194 episodes in total but there is no word on any further release at the moment from what I can see... hope you like it.me?I have bought the ksm releases on dvd and dont know if I would buy this.if it contains any real specials this time I would I think.the prices are quite nice... |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
Should have figured Lions Gate would find a way to suck of last bit profit out of the OT series
I should have guessed Blue-Ray would be next, but it will be a nice option for others
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
|
Well, if the US price is also $32 a piece, $98 is much cheaper than the Party Wagon set that now goes for over $400. Plus it's Blu-Ray.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
|
Dang! And I just completed the DVD collection! Now I gotta re-buy all over again and then I'll have 3 copies of the series LOL! Granted, I'll never actually open the Party Wagon set. I see an eBay poting in the future for my individual DVD releases. It'll be nice to have on Blu-Ray (assuming US gets it) but I would rather see the 2K3 series or even the Nick series get this. I doubt they are going to digitally restore, so what we will get will be the DVD releases slapped on a Blu Ray and upscaled to 1080P. Only those with larger screens will notice any difference in playback quality.
Last edited by dkram230; 10-21-2013 at 11:12 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
|
I believe the entirety of '87 and the majority of 2k3 sans Turtles Forever were produced in standard definition. A hi-def release seems kind of pointless unless digitally remastered.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 772
|
Yeah, I don't know about a Bluray release. I bet it will look like crap.
$400, really???? |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
|
Sadly, yes. If you want to try to get the Party Wagon set now, they are going for about that... I think I saw one for ONLY $350, but it's still highway robbery. Such a shame, I really want one!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
This. I'd double dip only if it was worth while. And I really doubt this qualifies.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 293
|
Oh. My. God. Why can't all TV shows get this kind of release?! I haven't bought the OT on DVD, so it would be a crime for me not to get this!
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
I can only hope that this means we'll finally get a BluRay release also...
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com created, written, drawn, etc by me. ![]() Inventory |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
|
Well if the series wouldn't be complete, at least it stops at the most logical point (the last episode before Red Sky). That said, its a nice space saver compared to the DVDs, and extras could always be filmed via Blu-Ray shall Lionsgate ever have a chance to interview the people behind the OT (Susan Blu would be appropriate lol) shall it get a North American release. If there's no Region 1 release, I'll pursue these Blu-Rays!
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/ 30 years of Turtle Power! |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
|
Sewerhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
|
Quote:
Would it benefit from being in HD without some sort of remastering, though?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
|
Like with most foreign releases, I'm going to pretend this doesn't exist unless it comes out in the U.S. Anything that doesn't get released in the U.S. always feels bootleg to me, I don't know why.
I doubt I'd buy a US one anyway, they're not remastering anything. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
|
I'd buy it just to have the whole series in 3 discs. With a new movie I can see Lionsgate wanting to release them again and maybe in BR would be a good way to do it. So, I actually forgot what was missing from the DVDs, we did get all episodes eventually right? Or was there a missing episode never released? I forgot.
I think with this release they'd finally be able to get all the episodes out without a problem...If we could ask for some OT accurate art it'd be amazing, was it a legal thing? because the first set did have OT accurate art. My only other wishlist would be to have the turtle tips but I think that's pretty much a not going to happen unless a company like Shout! Factory got the rights. |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
|
I would love to see that show up on Blu Ray. I've been wanting to go through that series but the DVD releases are all over the place, and I believe many of those volumes are going for quite a bit, particularly for volume releases with only a few episodes.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 583
|
Quote:
__________________
GOONGALA! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 265
|
Unless this is actually remastered (and the show was made in SD so would be difficult) I can't see much point. Space-saving maybe, but quality-wise...? Nah.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
Instant buy for me if it's remastered.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|