The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Whoopi Goldberg talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Whoopi Goldberg did an interview with collider.com and she mentions about the new TMNT movie.
Quote:
Did you get involved with the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie because of the whole fantasy aspect of it?

GOLDBERG: I have a grown daughter, and all through my career, she has always said, “Why can’t you be in a Ninja Turtles movie? Why can’t you do a voice or something? Please!” Now, she’s got three grown kids and I’ve got three grown grandkids. I happened to meet up with the folks that were doing it at Paramount, and I said, “Look, if there’s anything in there, would you let me come and play?” Everybody always says, “Oh, sure!,” but very few people follow through. But, these guys followed through, and I had the greatest time. This is the stuff I love! Even my grandkids were like, “Granny, that’s really cool. That’s very hip.” One of them is in their 20s, one is 18 and one is 15, and they’re like, “Wow, that’s pretty cool. Go ahead, granny!” Things that I enjoyed and that I know that they like, if I can get in there, I will. There are just so many things to do now, which is great. Whether it’s going out in space with Star Trek, or doing a voice for the White Rabbit as a black woman, life is good.
She doesn't talk about her role in the movie, But mentions that she got into the movie cause of her grandkids. Its very typical for an actor to get into a big movie when there kids beg them too.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305

Last edited by TigerClaw; 11-19-2013 at 11:05 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
That's cool. Kind of like Fitchner.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,809
Considering all she plays is April's boss, she better not get more than 10 minutes of screentime in the movie.

Even though Whoopi herself is awesome, I don't like that they changed Burne into a woman, and then changed his race to black.

It's almost like reverse feminism and racism. Instead of a black woman turned into a white man, it's a white man turned into a black woman. It's a double whammy on the race and gender issue.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Considering all she plays is April's boss, she better not get more than 10 minutes of screentime in the movie.

Even though Whoopi herself is awesome, I don't like that they changed Burne into a woman, and then changed his race to black.

It's almost like reverse feminism and racism. Instead of a black woman turned into a white man, it's a white man turned into a black woman. It's a double whammy on the race and gender issue.
oh man, just shut up will ya!
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
oh man, just shut up will ya!
Quoted for reading my mind.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Quoted for reading my mind.
hahaha, I couldn' resist
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
alliance
Hench Mutant
 
alliance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 328
just hearing the word granny and Ninja Turtles make me wanna throw up

its ok its ok, it'll be better than turtles 3 im gonna keep tellin myself this
__________________

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Really? The fact that a woman in the cast is old enough to have grand-kids OUR AGE bothers you? M'kay.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
alliance
Hench Mutant
 
alliance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Really? The fact that a woman in the cast is old enough to have grand-kids OUR AGE bothers you? M'kay.
did I say that a woman in the cast who is old enough to have grand-kids OUR AGE bothers me jackass ??

did I or not??
__________________

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
did I say that a woman in the cast who is old enough to have grand-kids OUR AGE bothers me jackass ??
No...you said the word Granny did...for some unknown, equally pointless reason.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
alliance
Hench Mutant
 
alliance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No...you said the word Granny did...for some unknown, equally pointless reason.
jesus christ why don't u go correct someone for their spelling you internet Dork
__________________

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
It's more fun to point out how ridiculous your outrage is.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #13
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Hah. he's still here.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #14
alliance
Hench Mutant
 
alliance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Hah. he's still here.
YOURE still here!
__________________

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Of course Leo's still here. He actually contributes meaningful insight...some times.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Only by accident.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Jester likes this post.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #18
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
a black woman turned into a white man
Where did this happen?
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #19
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
Ignoring all the stupid that somehow wormed its way into this thread, this little tidbit of Whoopi's interview is awesome! I've always loved Whoopi in pretty much anything I've seen her in, so even if it's just a few minutes you can already tell seeing her is going to hilarious. Big boo hoo that Burne's now a *gasp* black woman She's going to rock it and at the very least I'm pretty confident that's one tiny part of this film guaranteed not to be awful.
__________________
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:27 AM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I'll admit the Channel 6 crew is the only part I'm kinda excited about. With Abby Elliott (she's still involved right?) assumed to have been Irma, and Whoopi as Bernadette should be fun. I love that her kids and grand-kids are excited about this....'cause so am I.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
reverse racism, talentless hack


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.