The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Soundtrack

So, given all the negativity in here as of late, I was thinking about starting a thread on something a little more positive. No matter how horrid a movie may or may not come out, all us music geeks know that the soundtrack alone is worth it's own discussion. Since there's virtually NOTHING out there about soundtrack, how about this:

1. Post (a) song(s) that you would love to see as part of the soundtrack.

2. Provide a link to either an audio clip or video clip of the song.



After either a month, or whenever it feels like it's getting over-loaded in here with songs, I'll create a poll that we can vote for 15 or so on. Then we'll have our own "Technodrome TMNT 2014" soundtrack to mark the movie. Whether you end up loving it or hating it, it's still going to be a point in TMNT history. Might as well try to spin it a little positive.

So who's in?

Just a few rules to "play nice" by as I would love to see this stay a positive thread:

* DO NOT bash others' taste in music.
* No "I hate" about the movie. This is about the music.
* If a song has explicit language, PLEASE mark it such. I might not have virgin ears, but I don't want to hear it and I know some others might now.
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Nice notion there Catala! I'll have to ponder songs I'd like to hear in a soundtrack. Guess I was thinking of something with an orchestral feel similar to the way the music is in the 2012 show, but when it comes to a fan-made list that's a tough one. I got nothing at the moment but give me a few days or so and I'll probably come up with something. Thinking too hard on the matter at the moment. haha
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Ninja Rap.
go ninja go ninja go
I'd love to see them use the OOTS remix of Turtle Power from the first movie.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #4
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
I got a few songs that I like and I listen to on my MP3 player that could be perfect.

Linkin Park (I Like them to be on the soundtrack if their not doing Transformers again) - In My Remains and I'll be Gone

Skillet - Hero, Awake and Alive (used in a few TMNT music videos on Youtube) and Not Gonna Die

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What doesn't Kill you)
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
One thing is for certain. It isn't going to get much better then this.

__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Are we allowed to do two?

Pretender - Ninja Tracks


A Death in the Family - Christopher Drake
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Brian Tyler is suppose to be doing the score for this movie apparently.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I got a few songs that I like and I listen to on my MP3 player that could be perfect.

Linkin Park (I Like them to be on the soundtrack if their not doing Transformers again) - In My Remains and I'll be Gone

Skillet - Hero, Awake and Alive (used in a few TMNT music videos on Youtube) and Not Gonna Die

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What doesn't Kill you)
Those are excellent choices. All of them are really. I figure we'll be hearing from Linkin Park before all is said and done. Seems fitting since they did some of the Transformers stuff. And ah MastahShredder how that track you posted takes me back! Still gives me chills to this day. Love that one.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #9
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Just heard a theme for new Robocop, i have even less hope for that movie than these...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #10
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Do as many as you want! Variety is the spice of life, after all!

I actually came up with this idea while running errands with my son and listening to the radio. Imagine Dragon's "Radioactive" came on. I would LOVE to see that on the soundtrack.

I'd be equally happy - maybe more so - with the cover by Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix.

It would really depend on the scene that it's connected to.
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***

Last edited by CatalaReturns; 02-03-2014 at 06:35 PM.
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Those are excellent choices. All of them are really. I figure we'll be hearing from Linkin Park before all is said and done. Seems fitting since they did some of the Transformers stuff. And ah MastahShredder how that track you posted takes me back! Still gives me chills to this day. Love that one.
Gives me chills. I can hear Shredder and the Turtle's war cries every time I listen to it.

I just hope we get a gritty soundtrack.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #12
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
One thing is for certain. It isn't going to get much better then this.
When in the HELL are we going to get a proper score release for the first film?
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #13
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
any song? then i choose this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yaSzcXZKIQ
or these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7U4F86JMo
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #14
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
Gives me chills. I can hear Shredder and the Turtle's war cries every time I listen to it.

I just hope we get a gritty soundtrack.
I hope we a get a gritty one, but one that actually mirrors a lot of what goes through the movie. As an aside, I was dreadfully annoyed with TMNT II's soundtrack. :-/
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #15
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
just one more

anyway how do i post a video here? embed does not work...

Last edited by Venom; 02-09-2014 at 04:37 PM.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #16
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
I'm waiting

Where's cyber cubed with I touch myself by the devynals
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #17
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
is anyone else bored of Dark knighty, dark, monotone, metallic, gritty scores?
why can't they be fun anymore?
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #18
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Coheed And Cambria: Domino The Destitute
__________________

Last edited by Venom; 02-09-2014 at 04:38 PM.
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #19
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
is anyone else bored of Dark knighty, dark, monotone, metallic, gritty scores?
why can't they be fun anymore?
There's a huge difference, in my opinion, between monotone and gritty and/or metallic. I think that the score and soundtrack really needs to fit the movie. If the movie's dark, well, the soundtrack should match that. Ideally you should be able to listen to the accompanying soundtrack and/or score and know the story, or at least the plot, without even needing to see the movie.
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #20
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalaReturns View Post
There's a huge difference, in my opinion, between monotone and gritty and/or metallic. I think that the score and soundtrack really needs to fit the movie. If the movie's dark, well, the soundtrack should match that. Ideally you should be able to listen to the accompanying soundtrack and/or score and know the story, or at least the plot, without even needing to see the movie.
Yeah, but does every movie needs to same exactly the same nowadays?
Hans Zimmer and million of his clones, **** that ****!
We need a fun score for ninja turtles something Catchy but not overly campy,in the style of the Kill Bill movies, but this being a M.B production we will surely get a lot of modern pop music and Linkin parks style douchebags that doesn't suit the film at all...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.