The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
A friend sent me these pics.



__________________


Cowabunga says it all!

Last edited by Jester; 06-02-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: 3x posts
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Wow, I really really really hope this is legit! I always loved Mona...and it's always great to get another female character, let alone a female mutant!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Ehh, I don't know. I do have some questions if this is legit or not. I mean, it says she's the daughter of Baxter Stockman. And I can't really picture this version of Baxter being a father.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
It's fan art.

Done by this artist, who's tumblr I found at first go googling the name in the picture of the T-Pose CG model

http://ishouldgetsomestuffdone.tumbl...s-for-the-tmnt

http://ishouldgetsomestuffdone.tumbl...t-mona-lisa-3d
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
So maybe this isn't real...I googled "Cree Summer Mona Lisa" and found this link to a tumblr post...which was made back in February:
http://darthempress.tumblr.com/post/...e-what-i-found

Here's the whole synopsis of her without the Rapunzel picture blocking it:

Quote:
MONA LISA

Carmelita Stockman/Mona Lisa (voiced by Cree Summer)- April O’Neil’s best friend and sounding board for her thoughts. Like her 1987 counterpart Raphael has a crush on her. Carmelita Stockman is the daughter of Baxter Stockman one of the Turtles’ enemies. Despite this the Turtles treat her like a good ally. Mikey Donnie and Leo enjoy teasing Raph about his crush on her. She is shown to be intelligent and smart. Her weapon of choice is a Chigiriki. She and Raph are known to bicker and take delight in teasing each other for their failures. Raph is known to make fun of her for being smart and geeky. She is mutated into a lizard/salamander/chameleon hybrid by her father as punishment for helping the Turtles. Despite her and Raph’s constant bickering, he is genuinely sweet to her usually when no one’s looking. She is also known to get along with Casey and Irma. She likes pranks, pizza, videogames, comics, monster movies and Space Heroes. This incarnation of Mona Lisa is missing one of her teeth, wears a pink hoodie black stockings and pink boots with her feet sticking out of them.
If this was made back in February, why would we only be hearing about it now? Seems fishy.

I don't think it's real. Did some digging and discovered that it has actually already been discussed here on the forums: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...t=46159&page=3

Too bad, I would've really liked to see Mona. Hopefully they'll put her in this series eventually.

Last edited by Jester; 06-02-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: 2x
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
No need for research before posting...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Gross. Do not want.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
It's not a bad take on how Mona would look like designed with the Nick cartoon esthetics, but reading the character information the artists did (on the fan art) I'm not all that interested that she is immediately made as a love interest for Raph, a comforter to his anger, a replacement for Spike.

It makes her feel less of an character and more as just mere eye candy.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #9
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Gross. Do not want.
Agreed. I had a feeling that it was bogus and just fan art, because unless Baxter adopted, shouldn't she be uh... a bit more darker then that, even if she was biracial?

Plus I don't like Mona Lisa anyway, and I wouldn't want to see her in this show.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Agreed. Plus I had a feeling that it was bogus and just fan art because unless Baxter adopted, shouldn't she be uh... a bit more darker then that, even if she was biracial?

Also her backstory sounds a bit Mary Sue-ish and Nick!Baxter just doesn't sound like any sort of father type at all.
The model is a green lizard/amphibian, how would you tell what skin color she had as a human?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #11
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The model is a green lizard/amphibian, how would you tell what skin color she had as a human?
OOps, I kept thinking the Rapunzel picture was her. But still, I wouldn't want to have Mona on the show. She just annoys me too much.

This person doesn't do bad work, btw, even if it's Mona Lisa. I wonder if she used Blender?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #12
Shiro Kame
Foot Elite
 
Shiro Kame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,332
Um...I'm kinda hoping it's not...I want Irma and Casey to stay human, and Mona to be her own character like in the OT.
Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #13
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Doesn't look legit.

But I'm game for more OT references.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Good thing that this isn't legit, That design makes Mona Lisa look like a Turtle with a tail without a Shell on.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #15
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
I have not seen the 80's cartoon since I was a little kid (sorry) so I don't know what that is. And I kind of don't want to know.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #16
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
I have not seen the 80's cartoon since I was a little kid (sorry) so I don't know what that is. And I kind of don't want to know.
You can just search on youtube.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #17
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
It ... um, looks ok? But I don't like the idea of her being related to Baxter, and I agree with her looking too 'turtle', so I'm glad this is fake. Plus, I'm not sure I want her to be a love interest of Raphael.
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #18
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Um...I'm kinda hoping it's not...I want Irma and Casey to stay human, and Mona to be her own character like in the OT.
I find it slightly annoying that she has to be the daughter of someone to have a connection to the turtles. I hope that thing of her being Baxter Stockmen's daughter isn't true.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #19
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
If the design was real, I wouldn't really like it because it's too cartoony. Its probably just the eyes and head shape.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #20
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Here's another image that shows it better. Concept art.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 10-07-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mona lisa


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.