The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
New movie shocking fans by how good it is :-)

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/30...-how-good-it-/
Bmaga123 is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
These sound like casual movie-goers though, people who won't know about changes to the lore and history like we do.

For example if there is no Hamato Yoshi in this movie, those people won't notice or care.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
These sound like casual movie-goers though, people who won't know about changes to the lore and history like we do.

For example if there is no Hamato Yoshi in this movie, those people won't notice or care.
True but still encouraging!
Bmaga123 is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Erm... I am definitely not sleeping tonight. I knew this would happen.
Puddinpop is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Erm... I am definitely not sleeping tonight. I knew this would happen.
Pm me about what you know about shredder please....
pdizzle is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I'm just gonna echo what someone else said in that, while I'm sure it's not horrible, people whose entire summation of any movie are words like "badass", "wicked" and "dope", with little to no extrapolation, have no credibility with me and I put zero stock in what they say.

Sounds exactly like I thought it would be, frankly. Which isn't entirely to my taste but I can get why other people are gonna love it.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
I just hope I can stomach the nostrils when I go see it.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #8
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just hope I can stomach the nostrils when I go see it.
You're pathetic, dude

strawberryfields is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #9
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just hope I can stomach the nostrils when I go see it.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #10
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
These sound like casual movie-goers though, people who won't know about changes to the lore and history like we do.

For example if there is no Hamato Yoshi in this movie, those people won't notice or care.
There you go again with that stupid word " casuals ". They are actually an important demo for this film. You get them on board along with TMNT fans it will be a big deal. And from watch i just read.. TMNT fans are going to flip. Esp when it comes to Saki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just hope I can stomach the nostrils when I go see it.
....You honestly need help.. dude lol
Puddinpop is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just hope I can stomach the nostrils when I go see it.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Jester, my god, how are other people still not grossed out? They look too humanoid.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #13
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Puddinpop is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #14
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm just gonna echo what someone else said in that, while I'm sure it's not horrible, people whose entire summation of any movie are words like "badass", "wicked" and "dope", with little to no extrapolation, have no credibility with me and I put zero stock in what they say.

Sounds exactly like I thought it would be, frankly. Which isn't entirely to my taste but I can get why other people are gonna love it.
I'm sorry I'm using my phone and don't want to type out a page summary... Ppl that have been PMing me have been very pleased
Matt2310 is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #15
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I didn't mean you, I meant people from Warped Tour, etc.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #16
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
I really think everyone's going to enjoy it a lot.
Matt2310 is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #17
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/teenag...news/?a=104802
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #18
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
This is what I am interested in seeing... Every little negative hiccup this movie had.. Every site made it a headline. Lets see if something positive regarding this movie will catch on.
Puddinpop is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #19
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Seems like Ninja Pizza had problems with the new movie.
https://twitter.com/ninjapizza/statu...01607846547457
Quote:
@ninjapizza

Sorry to say this, but there is a lot wrong with this movie. #TMNTMovie
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #20
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 'merica
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just hope I can stomach the nostrils when I go see it.

Last edited by Purse Grabbin Puke; 07-31-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.