The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior
 
Lil Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 891
Prime 1 Studio to make 2014 Movie Figures

1/4 scale turtles due for Oct 2014
http://news.toyark.com/2014/08/13/pr...license-135482
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
Now would be a great time for me to win the lottery
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #3
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior
 
Lil Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 891
I hope someone makes some nicely detailed 2014 movie figures that are SMALLER. These are awesome, but I like collecting smaller figures.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
I hope someone makes some nicely detailed 2014 movie figures that are SMALLER. These are awesome, but I like collecting smaller figures.
Visit the custom board and see some of IronMan's work. Exceptional and not $1000
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
Bravesfanjd
Random Punk
 
Bravesfanjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 19
I will be curious to see the price. I have a question for members would you be inclined just to buy your favorite turtle or will you pass if you can't afford the whole set or don't have room for everything

A lot of times I just by the mikey item because I don't have enough space for everything
Bravesfanjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
I hope someone makes some nicely detailed 2014 movie figures that are SMALLER. These are awesome, but I like collecting smaller figures.
The edition blu-ray will come with smaller statue's of Raphael that resemble this larger one.
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
So they are making all four turtles?
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior
 
Lil Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 891
According to the announcement, yes, starting with Raphael.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
HotNunchuckFury
Foot Soldier
 
HotNunchuckFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 160
He's up for sale...
http://www.prime1studio.co.jp/shop/p...product_id=40#

Facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2939988&type=1

He looks amazing. If only I had the money in my bank account and the space in my house! Anyone here going to get him? I'm eagerly waiting for the three zero figures to be finalised, as they look to be smaller - so hopefully quite a bit cheaper- and articulated too.
HotNunchuckFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #10
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
I went to their site. Completely useless. Would be okay if I could read Japanese and lived there. Might be nice if the english translation on their site actually worked. What a disappointment. I want one of these so bad.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #11
HotNunchuckFury
Foot Soldier
 
HotNunchuckFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 160
That's why I added the facebook link also, as it's in English on there.
HotNunchuckFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #12
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
You still can't preorder on their facebook page either. Man, I hope Sideshow gets this.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #13
tinlunlau
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 279
770 bucks?! No thanks!
tinlunlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Anyone who can justifying buying these, and able to do so without sacrificing anything else for a bit, I hope they realize how fortunate they are in life... Rich people collectables. Someone somewhere will probably even buy all four assuming they create all...

Oh lottery, won't you pay a visit? Preferably around the time they have a Leo up for order. Granted the size makes it a bit difficult to reasonably have a place to even put it. Half that size, or a little less even, would be nice
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #15
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Seven hundo for a Bay-turtle product... Wow.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #16
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Wouldn't it be nice if Playmates would step up their game to even half of this quality? Maybe I'm asking for alot.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if Playmates would step up their game to even half of this quality? Maybe I'm asking for alot.
It would, though sadly I assume it would probably also be [over]priced to match the level of effort.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #18
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
It would, though sadly I assume it would probably also be [over]priced to match the level of effort.
It doesn't cost more money to do something right; but it costs twice as much to do something again, because it was wrong.

Playmates we are looking at you.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
tinlunlau
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 279
Apparently this is limited to 1500 copies worldwide.
i can't read Japanese but i can read enough kanji to know this.
tinlunlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
It doesn't cost more money to do something right; but it costs twice as much to do something again, because it was wrong.

Playmates we are looking at you.
True enough. Though I'm sure taking shortcuts through paint and sculpt is still time and resource saving, it all adds up.

Playmates... yeah, I dunno with them sometimes. Noticed a while ago that the 11" movie Leo on the back of his left calf (boot technically) he's got a scaly texture going on. His right? Nope. Can't decide if it was simply overlooked, the left done unintentionally, or did they decide it was unimportant and too time consuming to continue with it. At least it's just on the back of his boot so not noticeable really, but still... lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlunlau View Post
Apparently this is limited to 1500 copies worldwide.
i can't read Japanese but i can read enough kanji to know this.
Aww.. so much for fans even imagining trying to wait and save up.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.