The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Plotlines you've forgotten about because of the long rerun breaks

Since I haven't rewatched any episodes beyond Season 1 so far, I actually forgot about a few things over the rerun breaks we've had. Has this happened to anyone else?

1. I honestly completely forgot Karai was mutated into a snake. No joke, its probably because we haven't seen anything of her in the last 7 months and only one brief scene of her saving Splinter in the Season 2 finale.

2. I've forgotten most of April/Kirby's confusing Kraang backstory. Doesn't help matters every time they bring up a new Kraang backstory it seems to contradict the older episodes.

3. I actually forgot Newtralizer returned in Season 2 despite being in a Slash episode.


Has anyone else forgotten various plot elements or episodes due to the reruns breaks? Assuming you haven't rewatched any old episodes recently.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,194
Quote:
2. I've forgotten most of April/Kirby's confusing Kraang backstory. Doesn't help matters every time they bring up a new Kraang backstory it seems to contradict the older episodes.
I just did a binge watch of seasons one and two, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around that whole mess.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:44 PM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
I've stopped trying to make sense of the April / Kraang connection.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #4
Davin
Stone Warrior
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ...into the night
Posts: 899
I wish I could forget the Karai mutation. I can't stand the snake character design on top of the fact I'd prefer her to stay unmutated.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I've stopped trying to make sense of the April / Kraang connection.
Yup. That sh*t needs a flowchart.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:44 PM   #6
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I've stopped trying to make sense of the April / Kraang connection.
yea pretty much.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:49 AM   #7
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Knowing how this show has plot amnesia, if this Northampton arc turns out to be more of a device to do the same thing (to make the audience forget about the New York City plot lines) but on a grander scale...

Well... it certainly wouldn't surprise me now at this point of the show.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:10 AM   #8
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Yup. That sh*t needs a flowchart.
Donnie could probably draw one.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:30 AM   #9
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I don't think I forgot anything crucial. Karai is a snake, check. Splinter is "missing", check, etc. I like to forget Timothy ever happened though lololool.

As for April/Kraang connection. If they want to delve further, go ahead. If they don't want to, and want to keep it a mystery? Fine by me.

I'm pretty pleased with how they keep the pace for this series. What's more, Season 3 continues to bring the horror movies element which are so thrilling and endearing for me. I'm sure the young audience love it too, reminds me of Courage the Cowardly Dog era.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #10
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
* The assorted random mutants.
* The mystery of Irma.
* Leatherhead's fate.
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
I don't know if it's because I came into the show later than most of you all did, but I remember pretty much everything that's happened so far "plot wise". I haven't forgotten any plot points at all. I guess if I'd been watching it from the very beginning along with the hiatuses, some things probably would've slipped my mind. I guess a thread for "Things you wish they would explain more or conclude" would work better for me.

Dr. Rockwell's story (the monkey's name, right?) should be resolved. Where is he? Last we saw him was when Metalhead freed the prisoners.

Cockroach Terminator didn't die at the end of its episode.

Newtralizer...where did he go? Is he fighting off Kraang again now since they took over the city?

Has Sir Malachi met up with some other mutants after the Kraang invasion?

What is the deal with Tigerclaw and why is he so loyal to Shredder? It's not like Bradford and Xever. Bradford worships Shredder and was trained by him. Xever is kind of indebted to Shredder because he kept him out of prison. *Still say that if any of the villains turned on Shredder, Xever is the most likely to do so...not counting Steranko and Zeck*

So yeah, junk like that. So mostly mutants of the day things I'm generally curious about.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Far as I can tell I don't think there are any I've forgotten.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:05 AM   #13
matteso586
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 712
What about the mutagen canisters scattered around New York City?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #14
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
^ I was about to say that.

We only saw a handful of mutants but there must be thousands of mutagen that are still scattered throughout the city. Either they manage to collect all of them offscreen or they got sidetrack and completely forgot about it.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #15
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
^ I was about to say that.

We only saw a handful of mutants but there must be thousands of mutagen that are still scattered throughout the city. Either they manage to collect all of them offscreen or they got sidetrack and completely forgot about it.
or the canisters will show up later as an excuse to make more mutants.....

......kinda hope they just drop it though.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #16
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
With all the other mess that started happening (Wormquake for example) it wouldn't surprise me if they were just too distracted to go back to it...or the writers themselves realized having eps dedicated to them searching for the remaining cannisters wouldn't be all that interesting. They probably had them collecting them offscreen. Remember in the ep where Mr. O'Neil was demutated, Donnie said that it took ten cannisters to synthesize a drop of the stuff or something. He had to have gotten that large amount of mutagen from someplace.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #17
aliena
Hench Mutant
 
aliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I don't know if it's because I came into the show later than most of you all did, but I remember pretty much everything that's happened so far "plot wise". I haven't forgotten any plot points at all. I guess if I'd been watching it from the very beginning along with the hiatuses, some things probably would've slipped my mind. I guess a thread for "Things you wish they would explain more or conclude" would work better for me.

Dr. Rockwell's story (the monkey's name, right?) should be resolved. Where is he? Last we saw him was when Metalhead freed the prisoners.

Cockroach Terminator didn't die at the end of its episode.

Newtralizer...where did he go? Is he fighting off Kraang again now since they took over the city?

Has Sir Malachi met up with some other mutants after the Kraang invasion?

What is the deal with Tigerclaw and why is he so loyal to Shredder? It's not like Bradford and Xever. Bradford worships Shredder and was trained by him. Xever is kind of indebted to Shredder because he kept him out of prison. *Still say that if any of the villains turned on Shredder, Xever is the most likely to do so...not counting Steranko and Zeck*

So yeah, junk like that. So mostly mutants of the day things I'm generally curious about.
I agree with you. I binged watched the show just in July, so I recall everything, but I would like some conclusions. Perhaps they leave baddies looking alive in the end so no one thinks the turtles killed anyone.

Oh, and I feel like they underutilized Sir Malachi. He was one heck of an ally in the making and they sort of blew him off. If they befriended him, he could help them out from time to time.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:25 AM   #18
Asha
Random Punk
 
Asha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 36
What about when Karai brought up Tiger Claw's missing tail. It seem like the writers wanted to go into Tiger Claw's past but didn't say anything about it in season 2. They could continue that plot line this season if they didn't forget.
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #19
lindz247
Foot Soldier
 
lindz247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The sewers with my turtle buds ;)
Posts: 185
Now that I think about it I've forgotten most of season 1. Seems like all the reruns are season 2 ones (and some season 3) and all teh stuff with April and Kraang is greek to me. All I get out of that is April was somehow born into the Kraang or some crap. xD
I totally forgot about Fishface and Dogpound. My friend brought those two up today and I was like who's that again?
And what happened to Tigerclaws tail?
__________________

Michelangelo ~ He's one of a kind

Last edited by lindz247; 01-22-2015 at 03:55 PM.
lindz247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:41 AM   #20
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
With the show about to hit the 65-episode mark making it syndication viable, I seriously would like Nick 2 or even Nick itself have daily airings of each episode so that new fans could delve into the show better, much like I did back when I was a preschooler and picked up the OT in the middle of Season 3 before they reran the entire series several times.

Numerous Space Heroes (as well as its successor) I've completely forgotten about except for that they are prophetical to the episode's plot. I also seem to forget about Murakami's whereabouts, too.

We just saw Fishface in Vision Quest lindz, but I still fondly remember Dogpound being the intermediate state between Chris Bradford and Rahzar and originally intended to be the "new" Rocksteady.

The Rat King is another that I forget about, and like April has Telepathic powers and suffered a great fall in his last appearance like Splinter. It will be interesting to see if he can show up soon. It's been nearly a year since his last appearance, so he's due.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
plot holes


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.