The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #1
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 410
Super Shredder in the new series?

Will Super Shredder appear?

What if he gets mutated in the later episodes of season 3?
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist
 
Aaronardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 1,043
I imagine that since he's going through a deteriorating mental state (and knowing how the writers on this show just love mutations), I imagine that Shredder will mutate himself as a last-ditch effort during the final battle with the TMNT.
(And, if possible, in the process, completely destroy Kraang Prime in one hit. That'd be epic).
__________________
"Shredder, you gotta listen to reason!" - Leonardo
"Oh Turtles! Oh Turtles! Chew your gum properly."
"If I miss this week's Kirby, heads are gonna roll." - Raphael
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:49 PM   #3
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
It would be a good way to show self-destructive he's becoming and would willingly do so without hesitation. And it'd be more fitting if he lost any remaining sanity upon mutation. He'd basically be the personification of his own fury and hatred finally boiling over and have them, as well as his own pride, ultimately be his undoing.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
I've always loved Supershredder. Kevin Michael Richardson sould really get the chance to go nuts in the studio. Yeah, this is actually how I've imagined the final battle too. Guess I'm good with whatever they decide as long as we get a proper ending to the series some day.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #5
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
I imagine that since he's going through a deteriorating mental state I imagine that Shredder will mutate himself as a last-ditch effort during the final battle with the TMNT.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
It would be a good way to show self-destructive he's becoming and would willingly do so without hesitation. And it'd be more fitting if he lost any remaining sanity upon mutation. He'd basically be the personification of his own fury and hatred finally boiling over and have them, as well as his own pride, ultimately be his undoing.
I came in here fully intended to say "I sure hope not." but now after reading these two posts I really want it to happen, just like that.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
If it happens it probably won't be till the end of the show.

The Turtles still can't defeat Shredder at all yet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:53 AM   #7
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 410
If Shredder was mutated..... perhaps not like a Kraang... but probably something of an animal hybrid that was created somehow and its DNA is extracted into the mutagen.

Shredder probably won't drink it, but just fall in.

Just a theory.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #8
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I came in here fully intended to say "I sure hope not." but now after reading these two posts I really want it to happen, just like that.
Well I'm not dying to see it either. Just saying if it'll happen.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #9
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant
 
mexichrist83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 273
This is a tough one. On one hand I would love to see this series' take on super Shredder (at the end of the series). On the other hand Shredder has proven himself to be a very formidable villain for the turtles in this series so having a super Shredder may not even be necessary and seeing a classic turtles vs Shredder is just good on it's own without any gimmicks added to Shredder.

Hell, if anything we just need more Shredder in the show period! I tend to forget that Shredder is even part of the show sometimes which sucks considering how great he's been portrayed this time.
mexichrist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #10
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
I'd love to see Super Shredder, first time in a Turtles related television show so it'd be cool.
However, as much as I want this to happen, I'd rather have the Turtles defeat Shredder at least once on their own before this happens.
__________________
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:04 AM   #11
leogan
Random Punk
 
leogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 40
i really don't wanna see super shredder, it is not needed and is a bad/lazy plot idea.
this shredder is bad ass on his own, he took down leather head like he was nothing.
i agree with others in just wanting more shredder in the shows, tho i do get why he isn't, he is more or less and unstoppable killing machine, if he were in more episodes going after the turtles himself then i don't think they would ever win, or if they did to often shredder would end up the same joke of a villain as he did in the original cartoon.
leogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
I can see this happening at the very tail-end of the show, but considering the Turtles can't even beat normal Shredder yet he has no reason to go "Super."
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #13
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
He's lost his mind at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he did do something that crazy.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #14
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant
 
MCLeo28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 313
I only see him mutating himself once he realizes he's no match for the Turtles anymore and needs a power up to destroy them.

At the moment, I see no need for it since the Shredder can still handle them all at once pretty easily.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:53 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
The problem is the turtles can't even touch him as is. Yeah they're kinda/sorta holding their own a bit more now but they still can't take him down. There would be no reason whatsoever why a super shredder couldn't just kill the turtles and end the series in a few minutes.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:56 PM   #16
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The problem is the turtles can't even touch him as is. Yeah they're kinda/sorta holding their own a bit more now but they still can't take him down. There would be no reason whatsoever why a super shredder couldn't just kill the turtles and end the series in a few minutes.
Unless, like his SotO counterpart, he does HIMSELF in....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The problem is the turtles can't even touch him as is. Yeah they're kinda/sorta holding their own a bit more now but they still can't take him down. There would be no reason whatsoever why a super shredder couldn't just kill the turtles and end the series in a few minutes.
Its not rocket science. The Turtles defeat Shredder for the first time in the Season 3 finale. Shredder is enraged that he was beaten, he decides at the end of Season 5 to mutate himself to Super Shredder.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #18
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
Am I the only one that thinks Shredder is a bit overpowered in the Nick series?
He's just a normal human, how is it even possible for him to be able to beat (for example) Leatherhead and Rocksteady?
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #19
leogan
Random Punk
 
leogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 40
his ninja and martial art training , i don't think he is over powered, he is a master. same with splinter , splinter could easily beat leather head and rocksteady as well.
leogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #20
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by leogan View Post
his ninja and martial art training , i don't think he is over powered, he is a master. same with splinter , splinter could easily beat leather head and rocksteady as well.
Training does not make up for everything, he has to have some limit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.