The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want Agent John Bishop in the 2012 series?
That would be awesome! 33 97.06%
No way man! 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
matteso586
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 712
2012 Agent John Bishop

Because the Earth Protection Force are in the 2012 series, do you want a version of Agent John Bishop?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Yes, because of how morally gray he is.

He isn't a villain in the same sense of the Shredder and he honestly feels he is doing what he feels should be done for the sake of human kind. And if a few non-humans suffer because of it, it means nothing to him.

And Nick could come up with various stories that could prove interesting.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Because the Earth Protection Force are in the 2012 series, do you want a version of Agent John Bishop?


No, I would not want John Bishop. I want the show to use the characters it already has. I don't want one more character added to the already large roster.
In addition, I want the show to be more original. I want the show to stop copying concepts from other TMNT universes.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:31 AM   #4
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,039
Presumably he'll show up, can't say for sure yet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:34 AM   #5
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
No, I would not want John Bishop. I want the show to use the characters it already has. I don't want one more character added to the already large roster.
In addition, I want the show to be more original. I want the show to stop copying concepts from other TMNT universes.
Considering the many characters and influences the show tends to pull from the comics, movies, and especially the OT, it's a bit too late for that. Plus Bishop was one of the greatest villains in the 2003 series that I'd welcome him as an exception.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:30 AM   #6
Ravenshell
Hench Mutant
 
Ravenshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 271
I say yes. Bishop would be an awesome big-bad to add to the series. It doesn't have to be Shredder and the Kraang and the mutant menagerie all the time.
Ravenshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:32 AM   #7
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
They could explain the absence of mutants like Spider Bytez and Snakeweed by having them captured by the EPF.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:47 AM   #8
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
They could incorporate Timothy, I'd think.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #9
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
This was akin to asking if Dirk Savage would show up for 4kids, since both involve capturing mutants to seek what makes them special. Whether its one of those two or not, we're bound to get another "kidnap all mutants so that humanity will be saved" plots. I just don't want that rinse-and-repeat storyline for Nick and would like Bishop to be an ally for the Turtles, given how dark the city has become and also to be a great aid to Donatello with regards to using his tech and tracking down the bad guys.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:24 AM   #10
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
This was akin to asking if Dirk Savage would show up for 4kids, since both involve capturing mutants to seek what makes them special. Whether its one of those two or not, we're bound to get another "kidnap all mutants so that humanity will be saved" plots. I just don't want that rinse-and-repeat storyline for Nick and would like Bishop to be an ally for the Turtles, given how dark the city has become and also to be a great aid to Donatello with regards to using his tech and tracking down the bad guys.
Crap idea, but maybe Bebop and Rocksteady could be involved in some way?
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #11
MaximeLoonatic
Hench Mutant
 
MaximeLoonatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 285
Yes!!
Just, yes!
I mean, he would be like another kind of enemy. More elegant and formal; with a hinch of sadic and psyco!
MaximeLoonatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #12
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Given the show's complete inability to craft a villain who is actually as smart as they are advertised to be...no.
__________________
Monsters of New York, my TMNT/Gargoyles Blog


Avatar artwork by Madseason.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #13
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior
 
Tarris Vaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Cullompton, Devon
Posts: 505
Morally grey villains are always fun I would love to see someone like this emerge as a 'slow burn' villain to act as a counter balance to the immediate threats of Shredder and the Kraang
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #14
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Hell yes! I'd love to see Bishop in this show and to see what Nick could do with him.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #15
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Same here. I loved this character in 2k3 and would welcome him in this show. I wouldn't put it past the writers. Heck, we're already getting Hun.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #16
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yep, and I'm excited to see Hun, too.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.