The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
I would like to see an episode of the Turtles turning Human

With the Nick series, I would like for them to create an episode, In which the 4 Turtles were accidently turned into normal humans.

Imaging what that would be like for them, To learn what it is like to be human, How they deal with the disadvantages and so on, Take down the enemy, And then by the end of the episode they change back to there Turtle selves.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
So you want a remake of one of the worst episodes of the original cartoon?

Knowing this show it would be Donnie who turns himself human to try and get with April too. NO THANKS.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So you want a remake of one of the worst episodes of the original cartoon?

Knowing this show it would be Donnie who turns himself human to try and get with April too. NO THANKS.
They can probably do it better on Nick.

Mikey was the only one who turned Human on the original.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:15 PM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
This one of the few times I fully agree with Cybecubed. That episode where Mike turned into a human was one of the worst episodes of the OT because it made zero sense. Especially since somehow, turning human= losing all of your ninja training for some reason. Wasn't a fan when I first watched, and I certainly wouldn't be a fan if it were t ever happen in this series (Which I seriously doubt).

Plus this was pretty much the episode that inspired all those garbage fanfic stories you see online about the Turtles turning into humans. Blech. Thanks but no thanks.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
This one of the few times I fully agree with Cybecubed. That episode where Mike turned into a human was one of the worst episodes of the OT because it made zero sense. Especially since somehow, turning human= losing all of your ninja training for some reason. Wasn't a fan when I first watched, and I certainly wouldn't be a fan if it were t ever happen in this series (Which I seriously doubt).

Plus this was pretty much the episode that inspired all those garbage fanfic stories you see online about the Turtles turning into humans. Blech. Thanks but no thanks.
I had no problems with that old episode, I found it amusing at the time.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #6
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I had no problems with that old episode, I found it amusing at the time.
Good for you. I hated it.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #7
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
I actually think it would be a very interesting idea, if executed correctly.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #8
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I actually think it would be a very interesting idea, if executed correctly.
Yeah, Exactly, They could do this without being goofy.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:36 PM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:46 PM   #11
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior
 
Tarris Vaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Cullompton, Devon
Posts: 505
We mentioned this idea in the episode ideas thread earlier. Personally I think it would be interesting and has potential to advance some threads (like driving home just how alone they are for Raph, giving Leo a glimpse of normality, etc)

but

I think you are right that the primary area that would be touched on is Donnie and April - which if you aren't fond of already would definitely not add any appeal to doing something like this.

In the episode ideas thread I had said that if they were to do it, it may work as part of a retromutagen accident - almost certainly centred on Donatello. He would then see an opportunity not to be a freak and become 'addicted' to the idea of being human - and to the idea that it might give him a real chance with April (lets face it, if it happened at this point it would be stranger if it didnt cross his mind)
He wouldn't lose his ninja skills, but he would be physically weaker and struggle to keep up. Eventually he'd be forced to choose between staying human and 'maybe' having a chance at a normal life, and saving his brothers by returning to normal.

He chooses the latter - lesson learned - April reassures him she likes him as he is, not how he wishes to be. A little cheesy maybe, but certainly doable and slots in well with the kid's show feel as well as potentially adding some proper character development.

But like I say; if you don't like Donatello / April story episodes, I struggle to imagine how an episode like this would fit into the series easily without being a throwaway ep.
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #12
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, Exactly, They could do this without being goofy.
Well it would be interesting to explore what problems they would experience as humans. And would they want to give up being human to go back to being mutants, and if yes, why? How much of their identity is defined by their mutant-ness?

I can certainly see Donnie and Mikey wanting to go human, so that they can be accepted in the human world. We all remember how excited Mikey got hearing about/seeing April's school in "Alien Agenda" - I think that's something that he'd want the chance to experience.

I think that having them lose their ability to ninja correctly would be too goofy - on the other hand, the boys probably wouldn't be as slick as they usually would be given that they would be fighting for the first time without the weight of a shell - which would take some adjustment, given that their weight and balance would now be different.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:26 PM   #13
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
They should totally do it, but with all four of them. I doubt the Nick version would be dumb enough to go with the 'their ninja skills are their super power' bs from the original.

I hope they make them react to not having the extra weight on their back.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:29 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
They should totally do it, but with all four of them. I doubt the Nick version would be dumb enough to go with the 'their ninja skills are their super power' bs from the original.

I hope they make them react to not having the extra weight on their back.
Yeah, It would be interesting to see how they react, without having there greatest defense, There shell.

Because if they were human, They will get hurt really bad, if they were smack into walls.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #15
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I think it'd be really interesting, I'd like to see it happen!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:41 PM   #16
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
I'm not on board with the idea, since this show loves to milk the Donnie/April thing, but I can see it having potential. However, it won't happen. Making human renditions of the 4 Turtles (in this show) would require making 4 full-fledged character models - and I don't see the production team being 'bout that life. Especially if it's only for a single episode.

It's fun to think about the idea, though - getting to see the Turtles cease to be "freaks" and live ordinary lives for a little bit. That'd be a cool twist.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #17
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior
 
Mutant Ninja Anole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 591
The turtles turn into humans, everyone else in the city turns into turtles.
__________________
My stupid Tumblr
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #18
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
The turtles turn into humans, everyone else in the city turns into turtles.
Hahaha. Now there's an idea.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
I wouldn't be against it, but might be trickier with this series to just casually do that for one episode since it treats mutation as a more serious thing (influence on inanimate objects aside). Unless it's not mutation, but then wtf is it and how do they reverse it either way.

That Donnie/April thing though... Hmm. Although Casey would probably be hilariously pissed about it. Plus it would be amusing watching Donnie try to convince April that it's him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
The turtles turn into humans, everyone else in the city turns into turtles.
Yes! Then they can just live among everyone else and humans can just think they didn't turn back into human for some reason. They'd probably be pitied constantly, but it's better than prejudice I guess.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #20
Gunstar_Red
Foot Soldier
 
Gunstar_Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Satellite of Love
Posts: 225
It would be a fun idea... but, it would make no sense. Them turning into regular turtles, yes. Super mutants (2003's Adventures in Turtle Sitting), yes. Humans, no. Unless it's a dream episode, then anything goes!

Anole's idea would be a great twist on the fantasy. They are now humans, but are still outcasts!
__________________
"Things change and life is, at best, bittersweet."

"Surrender to the fact that life isn't fair."
Gunstar_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
turtles turning human


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.