The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
SophieDem
Foot Soldier
 
SophieDem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hungary
Posts: 133
Are you bothered by those crazy fangirls/boys?

Here I'm talking about those who post crazy fanfictions with strange ideas or just don't know accurate informations about the TMNT franchise but really into the show. Like I've seen young teenage girls hooked on TMNT because of some characters and imagine themselves being in a relationship with them. Especially the 2k12 cartoon. I don't say they shouldn't do it but don't you guys find it strange and disturbing at times? Because sometimes I feel bad and embarrassed.
__________________
Tono-sama is Tono-sama. - Kotoha Shinkenger
The heart is a soft muscle, man. - Michelangelo

Leo and Long-Neck Alien is my otp. - Candy Kappa



SHIPPER! SHIPPER I TELL YOU!
SophieDem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I honestly don't care. I tend to ignore stuff like that mostly.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Not really. To each, their own.
But it is creepy with sexual fantasy and some fanfic.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
The only TMNT fans that disturb me are those "Turtle-cest" shippers who draw erotic fanart of Leonardo and Raphael "doing each other" on deviantart.

Thankfully you can avoid those people like the plague like the black holes in society they actually are. They're even worse than furries.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Don't ask, don't tell. If it was good enough for the U.S. Armed Forces, it should suffice for TMNT fans.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only TMNT fans that disturb me are those "Turtle-cest" shippers who draw erotic fanart of Leonardo and Raphael "doing each other" on deviantart.

Thankfully you can avoid those people like the plague like the black holes in society they actually are. They're even worse than furries.
Careful, Cubed. You'll end up on their Ignore List!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #7
SophieDem
Foot Soldier
 
SophieDem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hungary
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only TMNT fans that disturb me are those "Turtle-cest" shippers who draw erotic fanart of Leonardo and Raphael "doing each other" on deviantart.

Thankfully you can avoid those people like the plague like the black holes in society they actually are. They're even worse than furries.
Oh, yeah, true. How I could forget that wonderful fanart section? :'D
__________________
Tono-sama is Tono-sama. - Kotoha Shinkenger
The heart is a soft muscle, man. - Michelangelo

Leo and Long-Neck Alien is my otp. - Candy Kappa



SHIPPER! SHIPPER I TELL YOU!
SophieDem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #8
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Translation: People are playing with their toys in a way I don't like!
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Depends on what it is. There is some stuff that to me is just all kinds of "no," but I just avoid what I don't care to view or be a part of. I may not agree with it, I may not even understand it, but it's not really my place to stifle the free speech of others or tell them how to enjoy things they are into.

I tend to give the teens a pass for the most part. We were all young once. And harboring a crush on these guys is almost as old as the franchise itself and fictional characters are safe to mentally explore relationships. Though, be it done by them or adults, I do find self inserts of that nature a little irritating. Even moreso when someone is a really great artist and I love their style but most of their work is some obvious self insert all over a character. It's like I'd love to see more of a fave of mine done in their work/style, but you know... without their fictional self all over him.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #10
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
I wonder how the ninja turtles feel about people that write or draw them-

...Oh wait, that's right. They're not real. So who cares? :p
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I don't care about crazy people because you get them in any fandom and not just TMNT. I tend to ignore them if I can and just move on. That's the best thing you can do.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #12
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
The fandom doesn't bother me, the way I see it, All those fans that do fanfiction and art, They just love the characters, And they want to see them mature.

I seen some art on DA, that shows Raph and Mona Lisa as a couple, They even drew art of what there Offspring looks like.

Here's an example. I find this one amusing.

Spoiler:


__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:37 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Ok that was adorable.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Ok that was adorable.
Yeah, You can usually find some art that's lighthearted.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #15
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
It's sad how some people tend to just focus on the negative instead of looking at the good stuff people come up with. I try to steer clear of any sexual content when writing stories about the TMNT. However if I'm writing Harry Potter or even Back to the Future I'll get a little racy, but I usually stick with the relationships that are canon (Ron & Hermione, Doc & Clara). I'm not gonna have the Weasley Twins 69ing each other or Marty McFly hooking up with his mom in 1955! That's just messed up!!!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #16
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
That art was adorable! Thanks for sharing, TC.

And I agree, Jeph, that not all of it is bad. It just depends on your preference and what you like reading or what you like writing about.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
That art was adorable! Thanks for sharing, TC.

And I agree, Jeph, that not all of it is bad. It just depends on your preference and what you like reading or what you like writing about.
You're welcome, Not all Fan Art is bad, There are plenty of good ones out there.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:34 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I'm not gonna have the Weasley Twins 69ing each other or Marty McFly hooking up with his mom in 1955! That's just messed up!!!
ROFL Why do I have the feeling that it probably already exists anyhow.

All that sort of stuff out there... I swear, if people had the internet when I was a kid I'd have never been allowed to touch it. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:13 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The fandom doesn't bother me, the way I see it, All those fans that do fanfiction and art, They just love the characters, And they want to see them mature.

I seen some art on DA, that shows Raph and Mona Lisa as a couple, They even drew art of what there Offspring looks like.

Here's an example. I find this one amusing.

That was COMPLETELY ADORABLE. And thank goodness it wasn't Ninjara... I always liked the idea of Raph with a reptile girlfriend.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #20
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
As far as crazy fans go... doesn't bother me in the slightest (because by the standards of most posters here, I am one!).

It's pointless to moan about such things - adult fanwork exists in literally every fandom you can think of. It's part of life, and comes with the territory of being on the internet. If you see something you're not into, be a grown-up and click the 'back' button. Moaning about it is a total waste of energy, because it's not going to stop people drawing/writing/shipping who and what they want. (I should clarify, I'm directing this at the room, here).

As far as knowledge of the franchise goes - nobody springs from the womb knowing everything there is to know about TMNT (or anything else for that matter). If someone's first exposure to TMNT is through the 2k12 series, that's a-ok in my book. They're hardly going to be encouraged to explore other parts of the franchise if snotty gatekeeper nerds are looking down their noses at them. Making someone feel like crap for not knowing something doesn't motivate them to learn more about a subject - anybody who's had a douchey teacher in school can tell you that much.

People shouldn't spend so much time worrying about what other fans do. Enjoy the fandom how you want to enjoy it, and let others enjoy it the way they want to. Being judgmental accomplishes nothing - again, this is coming from someone who does have the "Crazy Fan" label. All the scorn and derision in the world doesn't stop me from enjoying the things I enjoy, and it's never for one second made me feel bad about it.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cybercubedthinksdeep, fanart, fangirls/boys, ohthatcybercubed!, turtle-cest


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.