![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Any First-Time Adult TMNT Fans?
By which I mean, is there anyone in the TMNT fandom that became a first-time fan as an adult, and not as rediscovering or continuing to love the Turtles from their childhood?
I know that I wouldn't be interested in the Turtles now if I hadn't been a part of the Turtlemania from the late 80's / early 90's. I'm just curious if any adult has ever been exposed to the Turtles for the first time, watched an episode or read a comic book, and said to themselves, "This is kinda cool!"
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
There's actually a woman by the name Cynlee who I know got into the TMNT when the 4Kids series premiered, though I don't believe she frequents the Technodrome forum. I know she's on TMNT-L, but that forum isn't very active these days.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Probably has happened sometimes among Mirage readers. (actually most TMNT fans up to 1987). Also depends a lot on if you count teenagers.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
|
TMNT is 30+ years old, so anyone who became a fan as an adult must be at least 50 years old by now? Maybe you should ask if there are any >50 years old fans around here.
I recall some of the members here mentioned that their parents also enjoy watching TMNT together with them, so they could be the older-adult fans you are referring to. I don't suppose there are anyone in their 20's or 30's today only discovering TMNT for the first time in this day and age, as they were obviously kids in the 1990's and it's impossible to not know about TMNT at all during that peak popularity period.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,042
|
unless they just never watched or saw the show when they were younger and only recently started watching turtles...
__________________
"Close. But close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.... Knew i should have brought those grenades." My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509 |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
|
Yeah, it's not entirely out of the question that some people may have simply had other interests as kids, or they were not allowed to watch it, and finally became enlightened in more recent years. Since TMNT appeals to such a wide range, no shame in any being a late bloomer.
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,042
|
or they just never gave it a chance and dismissed it... i'm not saying they never heard of ninja turtles i'm saying they weren't fans until they got older and actually watched the show...
__________________
"Close. But close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.... Knew i should have brought those grenades." My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509 |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
Most of the original adults who got into the Mirage comics in 1984 probably dropped the series around issue 11 after the Turtles hit mainstream media.
As said if you were 20 back in 1984 you'd be about 50 years old now... |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
|
I'm in my 20s and have only become a fan about 3 years ago. Before that I'm sure I was vaguely aware they existed, but I would not have been able to tell you anything about them. At all. My only memory of seeing the turtles in cartoon form before the 2012 series was just a very short glimpse of the 2003 series, since I recall seeing some turtles kicking butt and talking about time travel. And that whole experience lasted less than a few minutes before I changed the channel.
I think it was a mixture of not always being able to get the channel it played on, and just plain not having them on my radar at the time, so if they were on I never bothered to check it out. I don't even remember seeing any commercials for them, but it could be that I had just forgotten about those the second they were done airing, haha. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|