The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
gibbs615
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 26
Talking Wonder if there will be a Mona Lisa?

They're has been artwork ideas of Mona Lisa from DeviantArt and it would be a good idea for Nick's TMNT 2K12. If anyone here agrees with me just say so!

Last edited by gibbs615; 03-29-2015 at 08:51 PM.
gibbs615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Nah. I'll take anyone over her honestly.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Ohh, this can of worms, huh?

If they don't use her... *shrug* Although because her original appearance was so brief, I do think she would be a great opportunity for Nick to have the option of picking up an existing character many people already like, but who is also almost an entirely blank slate for them to develop and make her their own.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #4
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
This would be something that would get me watching again.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:18 PM   #5
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'd rather see them create new female mutants who aren't overly feminized, or bring in Koya, than have her return.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:24 PM   #6
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Nah. I'll take anyone over her honestly.
Even Venus?
Oh Snap!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
This would be something that would get me watching again.
Then again, knowing how this shows tends to treat it's female characters, don't get that hopeful that'd she'd be anything but:

A) A love interest for Raph (or any other Turtle).

B) A mutant struggling to control her beast-like nature.

C) A double-agent of the Kraang to get closer to the enemy (them currently being defeated non-withstanding).

or D) Being a literal plot McGuffin with a ton of powers that have her borderline on Mary-Sue territory.

But that's just going by this show's experience. :p
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:30 PM   #8
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'd rather see them create new female mutants who aren't overly feminized, or bring in Koya, than have her return.
This. I want more female characters but not Mona Lisa.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
If they do ever bring her on board, I sorta hope they at least keep her college age as before. At least old enough to be kept out of that love interest trend.

Heck, if they wanted to make her an alien instead of a mutant, go for it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:12 PM   #10
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
I'm still standing with the have Mona Lisa be April's mother twist.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:15 PM   #11
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Nah. I'll take anyone over her honestly.
Even Venus De Milo?
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #12
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Even Venus De Milo?
HEY!
I already said that.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #13
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
I usually don't like the additions of OT elements within the Nick show. So, no, I wouldn't want Mona Lisa in the Nick series.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #14
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'd rather see them create new female mutants who aren't overly feminized, or bring in Koya, than have her return.
Yup. It would nice if they focus on making her interesting rather then just potential shipping fuel.

Someone that you makes exciting to see her interacting with certain character but is used sparingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I'm still standing with the have Mona Lisa be April's mother twist.
Now that would be interesting twist to get my attention.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #15
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs615 View Post
They're have been artwork ideas of Mona Lisa from DeviantArt and it would be a good idea for Nick's TMNT 2K12. If anyone here agrees with me just say so!
I'm all for Mona Lisa to appear on the show, And yeah, There been a ton of fan art that drew Mona Lisa in the TMNT Nick style.

Here's one that's pretty good, I can totally picture her looking like this on the show.



If she did appear on the show, I would expect something like this to happen.



I can see Donnie and Leo freaking and saying "RAPH? Why does he get the girl!"
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305

Last edited by TigerClaw; 03-29-2015 at 04:41 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:54 PM   #16
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
I'd like to see more female mutants, but I don't want them to be love interests. Like Powder, I'm not into the "we have to give them boobs and hair and eyelashes so they know it's a girl!" thing, regardless of whether it makes sense for their mutation or not.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Yeah, no hair and whatnot...

Maybe a slightly female shape at the waist/hip if they must, at most, (or not, I'm fine with not) but otherwise just portray it in body language/movement (but not exaggerated stereotypical stuff) and female voice.

Allow her to be in a way like Tigress from Kung Fu Panda. It surprises me they had the guts to allow that character to be simply a bipedal tiger, not a tiger with an oddly human female shape. I wish more had the guts to do that and allow the gender of some characters to be based on voice and simply being refereed to as "she." I mean once people catch on they get it, most don't need to be reminded all the time by the addition of boobs.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:18 PM   #18
*NormalGamer*
Random Punk
 
*NormalGamer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 43
Only with good character development and a unique personality can Mona Lisa can be a great addition to the TMNT 2012 cast. Simply making her another romantic interest from the start would be a path to amatonormativity; I like to see the friendships develop more instead.

Last edited by *NormalGamer*; 04-04-2015 at 12:42 AM.
*NormalGamer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:20 PM   #19
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
id rather see joy on the nick show instead of mona lisa
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #20
gibbs615
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm all for Mona Lisa to appear on the show, And yeah, There been a ton of fan art that drew Mona Lisa in the TMNT Nick style.

Here's one that's pretty good, I can totally picture her looking like this on the show.

http://img03.deviantart.net/d261/i/2...al-d8l5jfc.jpg

If she did appear on the show, I would expect something like this to happen.

http://img12.deviantart.net/77cd/i/2...a7-d8lx5g4.jpg

I can see Donnie and Leo freaking and saying "RAPH? Why does he get the girl!"
good ones and here's others i've seen
gibbs615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.