The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
aliena
Hench Mutant
 
aliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
Wouldn't it be twisted?

If there is a Dark Raph episode arc coming up and a newly demutated and brainwashed Karai and Raph hit it off and have a romance. Can you imagine what that would do to Leo? Imagine the after effects that would have on them. I'm sure nothing like that would happen, but it would shake things up.

In all seriousness, does anyone have any thoughts on what might happen if Raph were to be kidnapped and brainwashed? Would he bond with Tigerclaw? After what Tigerclaw said to him in the last episode, I'm beginning to wonder if that was some foreshadowing there.

How would the other mutant henchmen see him? Would they be jealous? Perhaps Karai would be jealous and try to get rid of him. Would maybe Fishface take to him since they sort of had a moment of bonding earlier. Would he hurt anyone at Shredders orders? I know Dark Leo wasn't supposed to hurt anyone since it would possibly snap him out of it.

Is is possible that Raph will badly hurt Mikey? I say Mikey, because I think that one would be soul crushing to Raph when he was restored to himself again. Mikey might even treat him differently for a few minutes, this is a kids show after all and sometimes they don't deal too long in the drama situations.

Will he get a cool new outfit? Will he take something good away with him after he's Raph again? Like maybe he will learn to control his anger? There are so many possibilities of such a storyline, so I really hope it does happen.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
If there is a Dark Raph episode arc coming up and a newly demutated and brainwashed Karai and Raph hit it off and have a romance. Can you imagine what that would do to Leo? Imagine the after effects that would have on them. I'm sure nothing like that would happen, but it would shake things up.

In all seriousness, does anyone have any thoughts on what might happen if Raph were to be kidnapped and brainwashed? Would he bond with Tigerclaw? After what Tigerclaw said to him in the last episode, I'm beginning to wonder if that was some foreshadowing there.

How would the other mutant henchmen see him? Would they be jealous? Perhaps Karai would be jealous and try to get rid of him. Would maybe Fishface take to him since they sort of had a moment of bonding earlier. Would he hurt anyone at Shredders orders? I know Dark Leo wasn't supposed to hurt anyone since it would possibly snap him out of it.

Is is possible that Raph will badly hurt Mikey? I say Mikey, because I think that one would be soul crushing to Raph when he was restored to himself again. Mikey might even treat him differently for a few minutes, this is a kids show after all and sometimes they don't deal too long in the drama situations.

Will he get a cool new outfit? Will he take something good away with him after he's Raph again? Like maybe he will learn to control his anger? There are so many possibilities of such a storyline, so I really hope it does happen.
Raph and Karai would be pretty cool... if the writers go there, I'll be impressed.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:43 PM   #3
Meliwen
Foot Soldier
 
Meliwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
Haha, I don't know about a romance, but I could see them being badass and having fun punching people together. That is, if Karai is even brainwashed. I hope she's rescued before Shredder can brainwash her, I'd like to see her out of his clutches. The turtles could use the help since they're one man down, if the Mutanimals aren't around. Speaking of them, shouldn't Slash get involved some way? I'm sure he'd be furious to see Raph brainwashed.

I could see a legit Raph/Leo fight, like a 2007 movie level fight.

Quote:
In all seriousness, does anyone have any thoughts on what might happen if Raph were to be kidnapped and brainwashed? Would he bond with Tigerclaw? After what Tigerclaw said to him in the last episode, I'm beginning to wonder if that was some foreshadowing there.
I think another way of looking at the Raph and Tigerclaw interaction is that the show wants to remind the audience that Raph still has this potentially bad temper, even though he's been pretty chill so far this season. So if his anger becomes a big part of turning dark somehow, then it wouldn't be the first real instance or even mention of it this season.
Quote:
Is is possible that Raph will badly hurt Mikey? I say Mikey, because I think that one would be soul crushing to Raph when he was restored to himself again. Mikey might even treat him differently for a few minutes, this is a kids show after all and sometimes they don't deal too long in the drama situations.
Raph badly hurting any one of his brothers would be a good way to add in some tension, or at least regret in Raph's case, since we know having his brothers injured in any way is the last thing that Raph wants. And if it does happen I'd want it to be Mikey as well, since Mikey needs some plot relevance more than Leo or Donnie. Plus Raph seems a bit closer and more protective of Mikey, which would make it extra, as you said, soul crushing.
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:52 PM   #4
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
Will he get a cool new outfit? Will he take something good away with him after he's Raph again? Like maybe he will learn to control his anger? There are so many possibilities of such a storyline, so I really hope it does happen.
I actually hope he does develop because of this but more likely, due to the plot amnesia this show seems to suffer, this will all be forgotten after the story arc is over and he'll go back to being a background character again lacking any real importance.

He'll most likely get a costume change because Playmates needs to make more toys. I do remember seeing a framed picture that was on the wall at the Nick studios I think where there was the Nick Shredder and a turtle beside him which looked very much like IDW's dark Leo but it could've been Raph. I wish I could find it again.

Another horrible thought that came to mind is what if he gets mutated and they draw it out like the Karai garbage? That would break it for me.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
yellowmario27
Foot Soldier
 
yellowmario27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 133
I like your idea! I wish they would do something like this, it would make rivalry more interesting

if anything I would love to see friendship between karai and another turtle

since she is splinter's daughter, I assume eventually she'll have to interact with everyone a lot more....if she lives in the lair with them
yellowmario27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 AM   #6
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
I thought only people on 4chan posted about wincest.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:22 AM   #7
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I do remember seeing a framed picture that was on the wall at the Nick studios I think where there was the Nick Shredder and a turtle beside him which looked very much like IDW's dark Leo but it could've been Raph. I wish I could find it again.
You mean this:

__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:50 AM   #8
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Then the question is, why would Raph wield swords?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #9
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Only thing that kind of makes it almost not Raph are obviously the katana blades, unless they're meant to be his new weapons when with the Foot.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:04 PM   #10
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
You mean this
Yep, that's it. Thanks for digging that up. It isn't what I thought. It clearly looks like IDW dark Leo but done in the Nick style.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:32 PM   #11
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Ooh amazing art.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:37 AM   #12
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 154
I'm not sure it's necessarily connected to the show- iirc, Nickelodeon's Legend of Korra had an art show recently. That said- what if: Shredder describes his plan and these are the images shown during that scene? Leonardo being the target but Raphael is the one who gets caught or gets in the way instead?
__________________
Quickie video of Fishface's trip to Disneyland: www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5bGIhuHaps
AnarkyLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #13
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkyLantern View Post
I'm not sure it's necessarily connected to the show- iirc, Nickelodeon's Legend of Korra had an art show recently. That said- what if: Shredder describes his plan and these are the images shown during that scene? Leonardo being the target but Raphael is the one who gets caught or gets in the way instead?
this would be so cool, keep thinking that raphs fall will happen as he prevents it from happening 2 1 of the others
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #14
Shiro Kame
Foot Elite
 
Shiro Kame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
I thought only people on 4chan posted about wincest.
According to Nick, the turtles only got half human by Yoshi, but didn't get his actual DNA. This would make them step-siblings since they're adopted, and Karai is his biological daughter.
Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #15
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliwen View Post


I think another way of looking at the Raph and Tigerclaw interaction is that the show wants to remind the audience that Raph still has this potentially bad temper, even though he's been pretty chill so far this season. So if his anger becomes a big part of turning dark somehow, then it wouldn't be the first real instance or even mention of it this season.
.
While his temper is definitely his most popular personality trait, I also was under the impression that when it came to the physical traits, Raph is the strongest of the four, and we really haven't seen that yet, or I haven't, so I'm wondering if they would show him going full force and not holding back, and the other three are in a shock when they realize just how powerful he can be.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:08 AM   #16
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
According to Nick, the turtles only got half human by Yoshi, but didn't get his actual DNA. This would make them step-siblings since they're adopted, and Karai is his biological daughter.
Uh... so what exactly did the Turtles get from Yoshi then if it's not his DNA?
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:54 AM   #17
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Uh... so what exactly did the Turtles get from Yoshi then if it's not his DNA?
From what I gather, mutagen tends to pass on species characteristics rather than genetics.
__________________
Quickie video of Fishface's trip to Disneyland: www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5bGIhuHaps
AnarkyLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:15 AM   #18
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
It's either
  • through infection that spreads through out the body like a virus. MsMarvelduckie's theory
  • Bringing up recessive genes that both animals share. Metal wolf's theory
  • Or it acts like a automated program, by comparing the two organisms and reassembling the mutant's dna as much as possible to match it. If the foreign property is inorganic then it reassembles parts that are common elements like traces of iron and possible other common elements that are present in all life forms.

It's the beauty of science fiction theories.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 04-13-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:52 PM   #19
aliena
Hench Mutant
 
aliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
While his temper is definitely his most popular personality trait, I also was under the impression that when it came to the physical traits, Raph is the strongest of the four, and we really haven't seen that yet, or I haven't, so I'm wondering if they would show him going full force and not holding back, and the other three are in a shock when they realize just how powerful he can be.
Although Donatello already made the comment that Splinter "has been going easy on them" in another episode, I would love for Raph to be super powerful and able to control his anger and kick his brother's rears.

That way they realize just how strong he really is and how easy he's been on them, too. I suppose if any of them went dark or let go of their inhibitions, they would be far more powerful if they let go, but Raph would be the strongest IMO.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:58 PM   #20
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
Although Donatello already made the comment that Splinter "has been going easy on them" in another episode, I would love for Raph to be super powerful and able to control his anger and kick his brother's rears.

That way they realize just how strong he really is and how easy he's been on them, too. I suppose if any of them went dark or let go of their inhibitions, they would be far more powerful if they let go, but Raph would be the strongest IMO.
I think there were some hints of his strength, one was Slash and Destroy, he more or less could take the pounding that all three of his brothers really couldn't, but that's more about his toughness than outright strength. Then there was one scene, I think it was back in season 1, Leonardo was trying to push some giant thing off of a roof, and he could barely get it to nudge, Raph then saw what Leo was trying to do, and runs up and without breaking stride, and helped Leo easily push the thing off of the building. But sadly, the show really hasn't shown Raph's strength is his power, and it really hasn't shown Mikey's strength in his speed. All we know is the Donnie is clearly the smartest and Leo is the most skilled.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.