The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
Darxide
Thug
 
Darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 59
Character Height Chart

So after rediscovering the Turtles only 2 months ago, and catching up on every episode, I'm ready to get started on some custom figures and props. I have a ton of reference and 1080 screen grabs I took but I can't seem to find a good (somewhat higher res) height chart for the series. I have a bunch of the concept art which kind of gives an idea of heights but nothing amazing (or official).

So, is there one floating around I'm missing or has anyone started on this before I do?

I'm looking/going for something like this -





I was looking for these type of shots for awhile but the best I can find end up all being tiny -



Thanks guys!
-darxide
Darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
The problem that you're going to face is that there are various height charts, all from official sources, that contradict each other.
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
I think Mikey is about 5'0", but that's all I know of for sure. I think the best way is to any listed heights off of the concept art, and try to scale the rest from there.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:06 PM   #4
Darxide
Thug
 
Darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
The problem that you're going to face is that there are various height charts, all from official sources, that contradict each other.
Absolutely, that's why I said that the stuff I had was nothing awesome because I noticed that at least two of the official charts contradicted each other and one it was clear that it was just point blank not even close to the actual size.

I was more so looking for higher res shots of the pictures they use for the official charts so I can go and mock one up for those of us interested.
Darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #5
Meliwen
Foot Soldier
 
Meliwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
You may have seen this tumblr already, but in case you haven't - tmntbehindthescenes.tumblr.com They post a bunch of behind the scenes art for quite a few different characters.
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:23 PM   #6
Darxide
Thug
 
Darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliwen View Post
You may have seen this tumblr already, but in case you haven't - tmntbehindthescenes.tumblr.com They post a bunch of behind the scenes art for quite a few different characters.
I hadn't seen that. I'm not a big tumblr guy so I miss out on a lot of that stuff. Awesome stuff on there. Thanks Meliwen!
Darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:56 PM   #7
Mellie
Foot Soldier
 
Mellie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 184
I can only find this:




Leatherhead's concept art has Mikey at 5'0 and The Creep's has Donnie at 5'8.
Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:30 PM   #8
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
That's funny seeing this, I thought Raph was the shortest of the Turtles, not Mikey. I also secretly have always preferred Leo to be the tallest, but oh well.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:05 AM   #9
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
That's funny seeing this, I thought Raph was the shortest of the Turtles, not Mikey. I also secretly have always preferred Leo to be the tallest, but oh well.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #10
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I dunno, the height difference doesn't seem that noticeable on the show. Donatello is definitely taller, but only by like maybe half an inch.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #11
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 996
Why worry about scaling to actual size? Playmates surely doesn't. LOL!
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:16 AM   #12
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliwen View Post
You may have seen this tumblr already, but in case you haven't - tmntbehindthescenes.tumblr.com They post a bunch of behind the scenes art for quite a few different characters.
I run that, and that's why I've seen all the different heights There are my estimations based off all the artwork I have.

April 5'1"
Baxter in his suit 10'0" (normal) 15'0" (extended height)
Casey Jones 5'6"
Cockroach Terminator 2nd Version 7'8"
Creep 7'0"
Donnie 5'8" listed as on one artwork but I think it's more 5'6" to match Casey
Justin (Octo Mutant Squid thingy) 15'0"
Leo I think possibly 5'2"
Leatherhead 8'0"
Mikey 5'0"
Mondo Gecko 4'0"
Muckman 6'1" (fully upright - but he's usually stooped over)
Pulverizer/Timothy 6'0" (listed as "roughly")
Raph 5'0" > 5'1" taller than Mikey but shorter than April
Shredder 6'7"
Slash 6'0"
Splinter 6'5"
Traag 20'0"

If anyone would like any more characters please list them and I'll have a closer look at the T-Pose diagrams to see if they show up. Obviously this is all guesswork but you can easily adapt it.
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:38 PM   #13
Meliwen
Foot Soldier
 
Meliwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
I run that, and that's why I've seen all the different heights
Really? Nice, thanks so much for making it!
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #14
Darxide
Thug
 
Darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
I run that, and that's why I've seen all the different heights There are my estimations based off all the artwork I have.

April 5'1"
Baxter in his suit 10'0" (normal) 15'0" (extended height)
Casey Jones 5'6"
Cockroach Terminator 2nd Version 7'8"
Creep 7'0"
Donnie 5'8" listed as on one artwork but I think it's more 5'6" to match Casey
Justin (Octo Mutant Squid thingy) 15'0"
Leo I think possibly 5'2"
Leatherhead 8'0"
Mikey 5'0"
Mondo Gecko 4'0"
Muckman 6'1" (fully upright - but he's usually stooped over)
Pulverizer/Timothy 6'0" (listed as "roughly")
Raph 5'0" > 5'1" taller than Mikey but shorter than April
Shredder 6'7"
Slash 6'0"
Splinter 6'5"
Traag 20'0"

If anyone would like any more characters please list them and I'll have a closer look at the T-Pose diagrams to see if they show up. Obviously this is all guesswork but you can easily adapt it.
Thanks kelligrafie. I have the next 3 days off from work so I'll be working on this and I should have quite a bit done by Wednesday.
Darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:58 AM   #15
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Wait, Shredder and Splinter and Timothy/Pulverizer are taller than Slash??? Now I'm confused...
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:04 AM   #16
Darxide
Thug
 
Darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
Wait, Shredder and Splinter and Timothy/Pulverizer are taller than Slash??? Now I'm confused...
According to this -



Yes.
Darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:08 AM   #17
Darxide
Thug
 
Darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 59
Here's a PDF of my height chart so far. If I forgot a character or you have info to add please let me know. Also, concept art for the characters missing heights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/5rr3yj...ight_Chart.pdf
Darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.